News Forum - Monkey taken to Si Racha veterinary hospital following electrocution and fall from tree

Thaiger

A monkey has been rescued after it received a severe electric shock and plummeted from a high tree in Si Racha, a district in the Chon Buri province. A motorbike taxi driver alerted Si Racha firefighters to the simian’s plight yesterday. Veterinarians from the National Park Wildlife and Plant Conservation Si Racha Office and officials from the Si Racha Electric Authority had rushed to the scene to find the monkey unable to move on a tree branch. One of the veterinarians shot the monkey with an anaesthetic, presumably from the ground. Officials then held out a sheet to catch the […]

The post Monkey taken to Si Racha veterinary hospital following electrocution and fall from tree appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

27 minutes ago, billywillyjones said:

No but he is now a member of Prayut's inner cabinet.

Well he would certainly have more intelligence then any of the humans there.

Good monkey. Love for animals has no limit here. I was riding Harley and was hit by the backing off DHL truck. Woke up 5 days later in Chaichet hospital. Not like I am complaining, still don't want to be a monkey 

1 hour ago, AlexPTY said:

Good monkey. Love for animals has no limit here. I was riding Harley and was hit by the backing off DHL truck. Woke up 5 days later in Chaichet hospital. Not like I am complaining, still don't want to be a monkey 

Good to know! For a moment I thought you were  going to say a monkey  was driving the DHL  truck !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, billywillyjones said:

No but he is now a member of Prayut's inner cabinet.

He will be easy to keep in line.  They already have a "monkey keeper" who is able to provide a steady stream of bananas.

• Haha 2

Probably the monkeys worst day ever.  He gets electrocuted, falls from the top of a tree and narrowly averts death by having his fall broken by branches lower to the ground.  He then gets shot by a veterinarian.   They attempt to cushion his fall to the ground with a bedsheet, but he misses the sheet and  bounces off a DHL truck and is struck by a guy driving a Harley.  On a more happy note, Peter Gabriel decided to write a song about him.

"Cover me, when I run
Cover me, through the fire
Something knocked me out the trees
Now I'm on my knees
Cover me, darling please
Hey-ey-ey-ey-ey
Monkey, monkey, monkey
Don't you know you're going to shock the monkey?
Hey, hey" 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bushav8r said:

Probably the monkeys worst day ever.  He gets electrocuted, falls from the top of a tree and narrowly averts death by having his fall broken by branches lower to the ground.  He then gets shot by a veterinarian.   They attempt to cushion his fall to the ground with a bedsheet, but he misses the sheet and  bounces off a DHL truck and is struck by a guy driving a Harley.  On a more happy note, Peter Gabriel decided to write a song about him.

"Cover me, when I run
Cover me, through the fire
Something knocked me out the trees
Now I'm on my knees
Cover me, darling please
Hey-ey-ey-ey-ey
Monkey, monkey, monkey
Don't you know you're going to shock the monkey?
Hey, hey" 

I read this story and found the opening scene of my next novel.

• Haha 1

Which monkey decides what will be published as news at the Thaiger. News other then the worldwide daily published news of all the misery happening, news of a more or less serious category, even humorous if possible is very welcome as far as I am concerned.

But considering something like a falling monkey, a monkey that after falling gets serious medical attention - while we daily are informed about the fact, that this government - if not forced to do so - is not willing to take measures to make certain, that the Thai people (and foreigners in Thailand) get serious medical attention, that for me not news, is not humorous but just an example of bad taste.

Just now, javada88 said:

Which monkey decides what will be published as news at the Thaiger. News other then the worldwide daily published news of all the misery happening, news of a more or less serious category, even humorous if possible is very welcome as far as I am concerned.

But considering something like a falling monkey, a monkey that after falling gets serious medical attention - while we daily are informed about the fact, that this government - if not forced to do so - is not willing to take measures to make certain, that the Thai people (and foreigners in Thailand) get serious medical attention, that for me not news, is not humorous but just an example of bad taste.

So guess you don't like Monkeys too much then ?

12 minutes ago, javada88 said:

Fortunately there is no problem with size-limit to reduce the number of articles, so if they want to write about a monkey (or copy it from another site) they can.

What I found more worrying is that yesterday there wasn't even a mention about the events in Myanmar, which were reported in just about every other major newspaper in the world, incl. tv news reports. I wonder why...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Fortunately there is no problem with size-limit to reduce the number of articles, so if they want to write about a monkey (or copy it from another site) they can.

What I found more worrying is that yesterday there wasn't even a mention about the events in Myanmar, which were reported in just about every other major newspaper in the world, incl. tv news reports. I wonder why...

@Bob20, you know the answer to that the same as most of us 😉

I was amazed that this was even news.

What next?  "Fish bruises nose on aquarium wall"?

37 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I am not surprised at all.  "Someone" doesn't appreciate the coverage of a group of citizens calling for the uprising against their military rulers.  Not surprising at all that this news was quashed.

4 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

I was amazed that this was even news.

What next?  "Fish bruises nose on aquarium wall"?

I am not surprised at all.  "Someone" doesn't appreciate the coverage of a group of citizens calling for the uprising against their military rulers.  Not surprising at all that this news was quashed.

35 minutes ago, gummy said:

@Bob20, you know the answer to that the same as most of us 😉

Yup, but no less 'worrying'

15 hours ago, Thaiger said:

officials from the Si Racha Electric Authority had rushed to the scene to find the monkey unable to move on a tree branch.

Was it one of their employees?