News Forum - Protesters at Bangkok’s Asok intersection call on PM Prayut Chan-o-cha to resign

Thaiger

Protesters gathered at Bangkok’s Asok interaction yesterday, calling on PM Prayut Chan-o-cha to resign. For the past year, pro-democracy groups have been pushing for the prime minister to step down, but with the latest wave of Covid-19 surpassing more than 1 million infections, along with a limited supply of vaccines, protesters now say Prayut should resign due to mismanagement during the pandemic.  The protesters gathered in a so-called “car mob,” driving their motorbikes to the protest site, honking their horns and raising their hands in the three-finger salute, a symbol of resistance against the Thai government.  One protest leader told […]

The post Protesters at Bangkok’s Asok intersection call on PM Prayut Chan-o-cha to resign appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

Oh great, they don't call themselves "pro democracy" protesters anymore. Just a mob. It's getting better 

There's not that many of them either, regardless of anything else. Maybe 100 on a good day. Maybe the vote put them off calling themselves 'pro-democracy.'

5 minutes ago, Poolie said:

There's not that many of them either, regardless of anything else. Maybe 100 on a good day. Maybe the vote put them off calling themselves 'pro-democracy.'

My friend runs big hotel just across the Terminal 21. They are not very happy with the crowd. I think all this farce affect people of Bangkok more than governments who has a majority in parliament anyways 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Poolie said:

What an upper nonsense you talk

5 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

Oh great, they don't call themselves "pro democracy" protesters anymore. Just a mob. It's getting better 

Wow how you can live as an foreigner here and support a criminal dictatorship and support the opressor of the Thai people and Thai people who want back their democracy and the rule of law.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

I can imagine your friends are unhappy. I would be too. However its not my place to say anything. Leave that to the Thais.

Then leave Thailand for the good of Thais. It is sure the Thais are not happy about people who like to opress them and destroy their future

19 minutes ago, Stardust said:

What an upper nonsense you talk

Wow how you can live as an foreigner here and support a criminal dictatorship and support the opressor of the Thai people and Thai people who want back their democracy and the rule of law.

Democracy? What is it? Burning cars? Driving around Bangkok and destructicg truffic for people who trying to get to their work place? Give one good reason to support the mob. Any time, dude. I am yours supporter. 

3 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

Democracy? What is it? Burning cars? Driving around Bangkok and destructicg truffic for people who trying to get to their work place? Give one good reason to support the mob. Any time, dude. I am yours supporter. 

You even dont know there is not one group that there are many different groups and many different protest sides. Or do you talk about this hooligans who shooting around and bring dangereous situation in middle in the traffic and accidents. I hooe you understand Thai

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stardust said:

You even dont know there is not one group that there are many different groups and many different protest sides. Or do you talk about this hooligans who shooting around and bring dangereous situation in middle in the traffic and accidents. I hooe you understand Thai

Dude chill. Groups of what? What is the platform? Who will replace PM? What is the political agenda? Do you know that Anutin is a successor of the current PM? Is it a better alternative? Are you Thai? Why you decide what's good for this country? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Then leave Thailand for the good of Thais. It is sure the Thais are not happy about people who like to opress them and destroy their future

Probably because a good majority of 'ex pats' are just sad and are in Thailand for a 'happy ending'. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

Dude chill. Groups of what? What is the platform? Who will replace PM? What is the political agenda? Do you know that Anutin is a successor of the current PM? Is it a better alternative? Are you Thai? Why you decide what's good for this country? 

Yes all with Thai passport and children who want a future and you want to decide for our children in Thailand. You are not Thai but want to decide whats good for the country and for the children in Thailand?! Sure there are the pheu thai block and the progressive block with move forward and by the way this pm is not elected and his party not won the election they came by cheating and stealing the votes in favorite for the small parties and a handpicked senate. They never had any majority in Thailand but you want to tell the Thais it is ok that their votes were stolen? Who are you and why you advocat such things as a foreigner? I guess you have no children here and give a dam about the people in Thailand and their future or about all the inequality and broken economy. And all the youngsters who finished their schools and university and can get now no jobs. Why do you think you can tell them what is good for their country. With your opinion you will be not popular at the young generation and they are the future of Thailand thats for sure!

29 minutes ago, Guevara said:

Probably because a good majority of 'ex pats' are just sad and are in Thailand for a 'happy ending'. 

As opposed to being just sad elsewhere without any happy ending? 

46 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

Sure the majority want nobody from this government . I think you forgot that the party from Anutin and Prayut had not the most votes they could hold the government because of the democrats and many small parties and by the way Annutin is not in the same party like Prayut.