News Forum - 68 schools to reopen as part of “Sandbox Safety Zone in School” programme

Thaiger

A new school programme, the “Sandbox Safety Zone in School” is being launched to reopen 68 schools across Thailand. The programme is being launched by the Ministry of Education. Education Ministry spokesperson, Kesthip Supawanich, says the schools that are part of the new programme include 44 schools from the Office of the Private Education Commission, 20 schools from the Special Education Bureau, 3 from the Primary Education Area Office, and 1 from the Secondary Education Service Area Office. Kesthip says there are 3 conditions to the programme: Reopened schools must be boarding schools The learning must be voluntary The school’s […]

The post 68 schools to reopen as part of “Sandbox Safety Zone in School” programme appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Again with the Sandbox name. Is someone getting a kickback everytime they can label something as a Sandbox. 

68 schools to reopen

1. Reopened schools must be boarding schools
  2. The learning must be voluntary
  3. The school’s readiness must be in line with health measures

Boarding schools so it's the reopening of the schools for the rich and elite.

26 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The programme is being launched by the Ministry of Education. Education Ministry spokesperson, Kesthip Supawanich, says the schools that are part of the new programme include 44 schools from the Office of the Private Education Commission, 20 schools from the Special Education Bureau, 3 from the Primary Education Area Office, and 1 from the Secondary Education Service Area Office.

None of the schools though actually has a sandbox.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Again with the Sandbox name. Is someone getting a kickback everytime they can label something as a Sandbox. 

68 schools to reopen

1. Reopened schools must be boarding schools
  2. The learning must be voluntary
  3. The school’s readiness must be in line with health measures

So what is the problem, the elite make Prayut's figure look good. That's not his concern. Votes that count. That way the majority of Thai citizens don't have a say. Boy, does he think he looks good 555

I am sure that there would be so many parents who would be rejoicing that their children will be able to go back to school and reunite with their friends and teachers. But a word of counsel. Make sure they wear masks at school. This is Delta. It is highly infectious. Parents, make sure your kids wash their hands regularly, especially when they come home after the school day. If they have symptoms of Covid 19....cough, runny nose, fever, shortness of breath or loss of sense of taste or smell, take them to get tested. 

10 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

No, to be fair that's not the case - or at least not all.

The 20 boarding schools under the Special Education Bureau are state funded schools for children with "Special Needs".

...when students over 12, and teachers have been vaccinated...

...vaccinations will be voluntary, and parents can decide for themselves whether or not to vaccinate their children...

Bit of a contradiction? They expect 80% of parents to sacrifice their children voluntarily? I don't see high numbers being vaccinated if it is voluntary. Just open the country ffs. Children have very robust immune systems and don't need the jab.

Edited by Zool

4 minutes ago, Zool said:

...when students over 12, and teachers have been vaccinated...

...vaccinations will be voluntary, and parents can decide for themselves whether or not to vaccinate their children...

Bit of a contradiction? They expect 80% of parents to sacrifice their children voluntarily? I don't see high numbers being vaccinated if it is voluntary. Just open the country ffs. Children have very robust immune systems and don't need the jab.

Perhaps you could just fly over and have a word with the parents of these kids to expound your theory on them then

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/least-4-more-georgia-children-have-died-covid-19-this-week/TW5HCGR63BAY3KHOHLIPUERDHY/

7 hours ago, Stonker said:

No, to be fair that's not the case - or at least not all.

The 20 boarding schools under the Special Education Bureau are state funded schools for children with "Special Needs".

Ok thanks for pointing that out. I might have to tune back my corruption goggles, I dont know why I just see it everywhere.

I wonder why LOL

• Thanks 1