News Forum - Proof of vaccine might be needed to enter “high risk” stores in shopping centres

Thaiger

Along with restaurants in “dark red” zones planned to start requiring documents for dine-in services, people may also need to show proof of vaccination or a negative Covid-19 test to enter certain stores in shopping centres starting in October. Employees will also need to be fully vaccinated, according to the Department of Health. A full list of “high risk” businesses has not been released, but will likely include barber shops, hair salons, and beauty clinics. The Department of Health announced the plans for the measure they call the “Covid-Free Setting.” The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration briefly described the plans […]

The post Proof of vaccine might be needed to enter “high risk” stores in shopping centres appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

What's the point of prove of vaccine when it's already known vaccinated people can still contract and pass the virus. Yeah hopefully vaccines are protecting us from the worst of the illness but not the transmission.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This will surely hurt and deal a financial blow to businesses.  The vast majority of people in Bangkok do not have 2 dosages of the vaccine. The malls and businesses will be a ghost town.  Then the owners will have an additional expense of having their employees tested every seven days.  At least in the malls and stores you can practice social distancing.  You know where it is more likely to spread the virus?  The BTS, MTR or busses, since people cannot practice social distancing in the crowded transportation.  What is next? Vaccination requirements for BTS?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

What's the point of prove of vaccine when it's already known vaccinated people can still contract and pass the virus. Yeah hopefully vaccines are protecting us from the worst of the illness but not the transmission.

But when the owner of 7/11, Big C and Makro also owns 15% share in Sinavac just think of the anticipated additional income from the vaccine sales in order to get into their stores should one wish to. Not to mention the owner of that "other" one

Personally, I'd be inclined to shop at a place where I knew everyone else was vaccinated. I get upset when I see expats at Big C, wearing the mask under their nose or completely as a chin diaper, but If I knew they were vaccinated then "meh."

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ynwaps said:

Simply boykot restaurants that enforce the unenforceable

And if Thai Immigration copies this scheme then a few people will be up the Klong without a paddle.

2 minutes ago, HappyExpat said:

Personally, I'd be inclined to shop at a place where I knew everyone else was vaccinated. I get upset when I see expats at Big C, wearing the mask under their nose or completely as a chin diaper, but If I knew they were vaccinated then "meh."

So you're upset that expats might expose them self but knowing they're vaccinated you'd be okay with it. Since vaccinated people are still spreading the virus. News flash 🙈

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, gummy said:

But when the owner of 7/11, Big C and Makro also owns 15% share in Sinavac just think of the anticipated additional income from the vaccine sales

Or will they open mini vaccination sites in their stores like the Walmart pharmacies in the USA? Of course only for Sinovac.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

And if Thai Immigration copies this scheme then a few people will be up the Klong without a paddle.

Vaccine status will definitely be a part of visa entitlement in the near future. It follows that if tourists have to show vaccine status then retirement visas, marriage visa ect will be included. To be honest I don't see it as a bad thing.

• Like 5

Just now, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Or will they open mini vaccination sites in their stores like the Walmart pharmacies in the USA? Of course only for Sinovac.

now that's a thought, even to encourage peole more perhaps they will do a "buy one get one free" promotion

There's not really anything more to say on this that hasn't been said in the other thread on vaccine passports - a good idea in principle, but with appalling execution here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gummy said:

perhaps they will do a "buy one get one free" promotion

But your booster shot after that will be 500% more expensive. 1000% if you want the Pfizer. And extra for the certificate, any way to bleed you dry.

• Like 2

Just now, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

But your booster shot after that will be 500% more expensive. 1000% if you want the Pfizer. And extra for the certificate, any way to bleed you dry.

Well they have to maximise profits so that they can give certain people 150 million THB birthday presents somehow so why not screw the poor people to give to the mega rich

4 minutes ago, Ynwaps said:

So you're upset that expats might expose them self but knowing they're vaccinated you'd be okay with it. Since vaccinated people are still spreading the virus. News flash 🙈

I think you've highlighted that there's a widespread misunderstanding of the reason behind vaccine passports generally, as I'm sure it's not just @HappyExpat that's misunderstood it.

It's never been to stop or limit transmission - it's always been to limit transmission as much as possible only to those least likely to be affected.

The problem is that in Thailand it all too obviously won't do that and it'll just mean any lockdowns are effectively over, well before they should be, while the government can just shrug and pass the blame to the public.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, gummy said:

But when the owner of 7/11, Big C and Makro also owns 15% share in Sinavac just think of the anticipated additional income from the vaccine sales in order to get into their stores should one wish to. Not to mention the owner of that "other" one

@gummy  you are very astute and have impeccable knowledge  and understanding of  “reading between the lines” when greed is involved.

The greedy won’t let a crises go to waste!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ynwaps said:

Heavy sigh . . . vaccinated people who contract Covid transmit at a lower rate, and if you're ALL vaccinated you're ALL less likely to have serious symptoms. News flash back at ya.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, HappyExpat said:

Heavy sigh . . . vaccinated people who contract Covid transmit at a lower rate, and if you're ALL vaccinated you're ALL less likely to have serious symptoms. News flash back at ya.

Agreed,@HappyExpat, but Thailand's doing a poor / non-existent job of explaining that, and a worse job of implementing a system that does that so it's effectively the worst of both worlds.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Agreed,@HappyExpat, but Thailand's doing a poor / non-existent job of explaining that, and a worse job of implementing a system that does that so it's effectively the worst of both worlds.

As Thailand does copy a lot of methods and products they were bound to have heard of the 6 P’s.

Proper Preparation Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance.

‘I’m sure people out there know the more descriptive version! So why have the Thai Government not implemented this as a rule?

• Like 2

Sadly, Thailand does not any form of strategy for testing, hence the 'spikes' that they 'submit'. Cash should be the last thing on their or any Country on their minds. It's disgraceful the way the Thai Government has 'handled' this global problem. Shame on you Prayut! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

You forgot about the smartphones and the ISPs.

As you now need a vaccine app, and many tourists also need a local tracking app, and Thais also need an app for each government Covid allowance and a mobile banking app to access them, there's not enough space on many mobiles so we'll all need new mobiles.

There's a lot to be said for a simple vaccination card which nobody will need in a few years when, hopefully, enough people have been vaccinated.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

As Thailand does copy a lot of methods and products they were bound to have heard of the 6 P’s.

‘I’m sure people out there know the more descriptive version! So why have the Thai Government not implemented this as a rule?

Alternatively KISS - Keep It Simple, Stoopid.

Just give out a Covid card with the details on it when someone get's their second jab or gets discharged from hospital / quarantine center.

Why try to re-invent the wheel?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I keep thinking we're in an endless session of Mario Go Kart but no one is at the wheel.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stonker said:

there's not enough space on many mobiles so we'll all need new mobiles.

No. They will just insert a microchip, like the do with pets. Just think how much safer we will be with all our data being stored (safely) by the Thai Health Ministry.

6 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Yeah, I've heard the more R-Rated version.

My understanding, based on years of working as a teacher for the largest school system in Southeast Asia - NOBODY DARES contradict those above them. Those hovering around the top of the food chain don't give a fig about truth. I've seen decisions that made no sense, and some times were physically impossible to accomplish, yet the wheels kept turning, the emperor's clothes looked just fine and dandy. Everybody just kept on smiling.

The people making policies don't care, they just get brain farts, say "Make it so" and everyone scurries around trying to implement them the best they can.

Up until now, their decisions didn't make much of a difference in my daily affairs. Now? They dictate just about every aspect of my life.

Heavy sigh . . .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1