Land Ahoy.

vlad

Yesterday saw a record number of migrants including many children crossing the Channel and arriving on beaches in Kent. The numbers are not being released but the record is over 850 a day so it must have been high. Today and tomorrow good weather is forecast so were looking at high numbers were also expecting Afghan family's being given everything they need to begin a new life. Marcus Rashford has again asked the uk government to provide decent food for people in extreme poverty here in the UK. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fluke said:

They must have been encouraged by the U.K accepting all those Afghani immigrants 

You have a problem with the UK accepting people from a country whose lives may well have been threatened ?

10 minutes ago, gummy said:

You have a problem with the UK accepting people from a country whose lives may well have been threatened ?

What made you think that I had a problem with it ?

My posts didn't indicate that I have a problem with it and I didnt make that suggestion , must be just your imagination imagining what I think 

5 minutes ago, Fluke said:

What made you think that I had a problem with it ?

My posts didn't indicate that I have a problem with it and I didnt make that suggestion , must be just your imagination imagining what I think 

So the answer is no then ? I tried to make it simple for you 

The UK has to accept them as it is the last country in the chain of Europe.

The international  law says that migrants/asylum seekers should stay in the first country they enter after leaving their own. Many from Africa land in Italy or Spain but the authorities there simply ignore them and let them go on their way. The French at least should be 'keeping' them there, especially as the UK has given the £54M to help with the policing and done Sweet F A. 

Just now, WilliamG said:

The UK has to accept them as it is the last country in the chain of Europe.

The international  law says that migrants/asylum seekers should stay in the first country they enter after leaving their own. Many from Africa land in Italy or Spain but the authorities there simply ignore them and let them go on their way. The French at least should be 'keeping' them there, especially as the UK has given the £54M to help with the policing and done Sweet F A. 

You are 100% correct, unfortunately there are posters when they make statements such us "They must have been encouraged by the U.K accepting all those Afghani immigrants " , clearly don't undertsand that the UK had no choice under international law. 

8 minutes ago, gummy said:

You are 100% correct, unfortunately there are posters when they make statements such us "They must have been encouraged by the U.K accepting all those Afghani immigrants " , clearly don't undertsand that the UK had no choice under international law. 

I heard that UK is shipping some of the migrants back to where they should be accepted eg Italy or Spain or wherever. 

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

Do you realise that this thread is about  Asylum seekers coming across by boat from France in record numbers , Asylum seekers who are not (necessarily) from Afghanistan ?

Those people may have been encouraged to come to the U.K after the U.K accepted lots of Afghanis recently .

They would have wanted to go to the U.K before the Afghanis get all the houses 

• Like 1

Correct Fluke its about migrants coming across the channel its not Afghans we are allowing in. Upto date this year over 13,000 have made the crossing this year as far as i know none have been sent back. A reporter in a camp in france asked a few of the migrants why do you want to go to England ? there answer was they give us money and houses. We are having to go to food banks because we cannot afford to feed our own kids. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vlad said:

Correct Fluke its about migrants coming across the channel its not Afghans we are allowing in. Upto date this year over 13,000 have made the crossing this year as far as i know none have been sent back. A reporter in a camp in france asked a few of the migrants why do you want to go to England ? there answer was they give us money and houses. We are having to go to food banks because we cannot afford to feed our own kids. 

Many years ago there was a group of 'migrants' stopped in Europe while travelling through Germany (thanks to Merkel). Their leader spoke English and was asked where are they going. He said : 'Sweden'.  When asked why: 'because they give us lots of money and free housing and free medical and many other things - more than Germany'. When asked how did they know that: 'because our cousins are there and told us about it'.  Refugees my arse - they are scammers, and the liberal lefty nutters in UN and EU just let them in. I have a mate in Sweden (he is leaving soon) and of a total population of about 11 million, he reckons over 1 million of them are 'not Swedish'.  Any complaint or questioning of them, is called 'racist' and 'far right'. The media avoid telling the stories of all the rapes and crimes and bombings. Yep - in Sweden there are bombings now (mainly grenades) and violent crimes have massively increased since 2010.  One media personality calls it: 'cultural enrichment'.  This is how my mate sees it going in Europe in a few years time:

• Like 3

15 hours ago, WilliamG said:

I heard that UK is shipping some of the migrants back to where they should be accepted eg Italy or Spain or wherever. 

I believe they send them to the 'appropriate' nearest UN Refugee Camps, so they can apply for asylum and stay there while being assessed.

• Like 1

In 1 Bob we will allow Afghans in as we know where and why we accepted them. The one's coming over the Channel have been trying for over a year some have left war torn Country's, but most are free loaders they won't intergrate into the UK life most crimes committed now are " Asylum Seekers " what there telling us there Raping kids as that's accepted in African Villages where they've come from. Here in the UK if your father or Mother needs to be put into a nursing home you have to sell there house to pay for it. Yet these freeloaders are given everything and will never work they don't need to plus they send money back ffs to there family's.

It was just an oasis 

https://news.sky.com/story/migrant-crisis-priti-patel-planning-to-send-uk-bound-migrant-boats-back-to-france-12402671

"Home Secretary Priti Patel has reportedly defied French officials by instructing the Border Force to turn away migrant boats from British waters.

Several newspapers reported that officials are to be taught how to use "pushback" tactics to turn boats around under a plan to tackle rising migrant numbers.

Border officials will then be told to alert the French coastguard to the presence of migrants in their territorial waters, placing the burden on them for their rescue."

1 Tactic they use fluke is once there close to land they ditch the Outboard Motor so there drifting. How they going to force Rubber dinghies back if they have no motor ? they will use there kids to pull on the heartstrings and of course the do -gooders will demand we don't turn back inflatables with children in them.

Edited by vlad

1 minute ago, vlad said:

1 Tactic they use fluke is once there close to land they ditch the Outboard Motor so there drifting. How they going to force Rubber dinghies back if they have no motor ? they will use there kids to pull on the heartstrings and of course the do -gooders will demand we don't turn back boats with children in them.

Seems like an awful waste of outboards and with the oil and gasoline in them then by ditching them they are causing pollution.😉

you think the Traffickers are bothered about that gummy there taking 1.6000 off each migrant for the 1 way journey. put 25 in a small dingy thats 50k for them the more they can cram in the better. 

27 minutes ago, vlad said:

you think the Traffickers are bothered about that gummy there taking 1.6000 off each migrant for the 1 way journey. put 25 in a small dingy thats 50k for them the more they can cram in the better. 

Err ! I was being cynical

I thought covid was a devastating pandemic, surely if this is the case you would not let in hundreds of thousands of untested and unvaxxed people into your country...right?

Just now, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

I thought covid was a devastating pandemic, surely if this is the case you would not let in hundreds of thousands of untested and unvaxxed people into your country...right?

There is a logic in what you write. However when ones prime objective is to take as much money as possible from anybody inorder to re-direct it into ones pocket, as this governments main aim in life appears to be, Then their logic is to be damned with the impact this may have on the general population, rather let's increase the impact on our personal bank accounts.  After all you can't keep the snouts in the trough if the trough is empty.

6 minutes ago, gummy said:

There is a logic in what you write. However when ones prime objective is to take as much money as possible from anybody inorder to re-direct it into ones pocket, as this governments main aim in life appears to be, 

Something like 500 Billion Pounds the U.K Gov has given to the public since Covid began , given to the people 

Just now, Fluke said:

Something like 500 Billion Pounds the U.K Gov has given to the public since Covid began , given to the people 

They have provided relief to the public but those funds come from the public by way of taxation so the government have given nothing in literal terms, they have just returned the money they took in the first place. And perhaps you didn't read of the the NI speacial surcharge, postponement of the triple lock that determines yearly increases for the pensioners and other increases in taxation that the government have announced this week ?  Yet nothing was put forward to increase taxation or means of doing so from those uk millionaires or billionaires that list their compaines/personal wealth  in UK dependancy tax havens , many of whom are tory MPs. So they are lining their own pockets at the expense of the general population by not contributing to the nations welfare neccessary by a fair and equitable taxation system payable by all.