News Forum - Health Ministry says don’t panic, no cases of Mu variant found in Thailand

Thaiger

Thailand’s Health Ministry says there have been no cases of the Mu variant of Covid-19 reported in the country to date. The World Health Organisation has named Mu – or B.1.621 – as a variant of interest, as it could be more resistant to vaccines. However, the Bangkok Post reports that Dr Supakit Sirilak from the Department of Medical Sciences says there are no cases of Mu in Thailand and has urged the public not to panic. Currently, the Mu variant is thought to account for fewer than 0.1% of global infections, but it has been found in the US, […]

The post Health Ministry says don’t panic, no cases of Mu variant found in Thailand appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

17 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand’s Health Ministry says there have been no cases of the Mu variant of Covid-19 reported in the country to date.

Is this a case of deny, deny, deny, or perhaps because they haven't tested anyone so far?

I'm only basing it on my experience of how the government has behaved in the past.

<For the hard-of-learning: The text above may contain traces of sarcasm>

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thailand’s Health Ministry says there have been no cases of the Mu variant of Covid-19 reported in the country 

Not being reported,  in this country, does that mean, there are none? Or they are just not being reported? YET!

• Like 3

Oh wow, what a surprise, a "new and dangerous variant" has been launched. "Don't panic until we tell you to, and when we do, take your vaccines, boostershots, extra shots, etc" none of which works for anything, other than you will be permitted to dine-in at restaurants before they go bankrupt, and pumping up vaccine manufacturers revenue. 

What a clown world we live in.

Edited by ThomasG
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

2 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

Is this a case of deny, deny, deny, or perhaps because they haven't tested anyone so far?

I'm only basing it on my experience of how the government has behaved in the past.

<For the hard-of-learning: The text above may contain traces of sarcasm>

2 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

I'd like to hear Anutins own opinion on this one, he's the only one I trust when it comes to science.  

2 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Thailand’s Health Ministry says there have been no cases of the Mu variant of Covid-19 reported in the country 

Not being reported,  in this country, does that mean, there are none? Or they are just not being reported? YET!

19 minutes ago, ThomasG said:

Oh wow, what a surprise, a "new and dangerous variant" has been launched. "Don't panic until we tell you to, and when we do, take your vaccines, boostershots, extra shots, etc" none of which works for anything, other than you will be permitted to dine-in at restaurants before they go bankrupt, and pumping up vaccine manufacturers revenue. 

There's no mu, there's no mu

dark_monkey_see_no_evil.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Doesn't "mu" mean pig in the Thai language ? Family of the Swine flue, maybe ? This whole Covid business has gone from the utterly insane to the utterly ridiculous. People worldwide are being coerced, manipulated, frightened and made paranoid with a virus that hardly can be considered a threat to the survival of the human species. There is no overall excess mortality. I will not deny the existence of this virus, but certainly put in doubt it's lethality compared to other diseases and causes of death.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Donald said:

Doesn't "mu" mean pig in the Thai language ? Family of the Swine flue, maybe ? This whole Covid business has gone from the utterly insane to the utterly ridiculous. People worldwide are being coerced, manipulated, frightened and made paranoid with a virus that hardly can be considered a threat to the survival of the human species. There is no overall excess mortality. I will not deny the existence of this virus, but certainly put in doubt it's lethality compared to other diseases and causes of death.

And this is one of those you mentioned, not a disease just being in the wrong place at the wrong time

https://www.un.org/en/chronicle/article/losing-25000-hunger-every-day

2 hours ago, ThomasG said:

Not quite right, some Countries are avoiding looking like a clown, Prayut et al are going for the Gold Medal for the circus act. It is sad, frustrating and bloody well annoying.

2 hours ago, Donald said:

You are being a bad boy.   You are thinking rationally.   Rational thinking was outlawed 18 months ago by....

uhhhh,  well,  someone.   Dr. Henri Fear and  Dr. Ghotta Panic  have issued in the new normal.  

Our cookies tell us you have not ordered any double dipped masks this month .   This is a warning............

• Like 1