News Forum - Hua Hin to re-open to international tourists from October 1

Thaiger

Hua Hin’s re-opening is still on track for October 1, with officials hoping to welcome commercial flights and private jets to the airport. Yuthasak Supasorn from the Tourism Authority of Thailand says the Hua Hin Recharge programme covers 86.3 square kilometres between Hua Hin municipality and the district of Nong Kae. The Bangkok Post reports that once tourists receive a negative result from a Covid-19 test on arrival, they will be free to travel within this area. Tourists who’ve also spent 7 days on Phuket as part of the island’s sandbox scheme can also travel to Hua Hin. Yuthasak points […]

The post Hua Hin to re-open to international tourists from October 1 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Just got off a conference call with Boris and Joe, that's great news they said. Boris said he would get the Red Zone classification lifted soon as possible, Joe said theres nothing to worry about we will have them all airlifted out before the deadline. Boris did explain to him it was to get tourists in and not Afgans and Americans out. After Joe was called away by his nanny Boris assured me he would remind Joe again and probably again and again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

And just where are the tourists coming from? As Phuket discovered there are very few who want to travel long distances, stay in an open prison, be denied a drink in a bar or restaurant, have no nightlife to go to and be treated like dirty farangs while they are here.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

private jets

So sad to read, they're living in a complete fantasy world. What is TATs prediction for Huahin 2021, 10 million billionaires spending 100 zillions per day?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pompies said:

And just where are the tourists coming from? As Phuket discovered there are very few who want to travel long distances, stay in an open prison, be denied a drink in a bar or restaurant, have no nightlife to go to and be treated like dirty farangs while they are here.

Beautifully summed up.

Another few dozen empty planes flying around its the airlines dream come true but a nightmare for Greta Thunberg. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

is Hua Hin really an international tourist destination? i know BKK people love to go there for a weekend, but what's good there except for beach. I just Googled it and cannot find any reason to fly there from overseas

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hua Hin Recharge or Hua Hin Retards !

Will allowing flights into HH without COVID restrictions generate any level of tourism- NOP it didn’t pre-pandemic.

How many international carriers over how many years have expressed interest of flying into HH, how many actually started a service, one for each kilometre of runway!!!!

They need to allow direct overland travel from Bangkok or it’s a non-starter. I assume as Bangkok is also to open this will be permitted, any info on this would be appreciated.

GOOD LUCK HUA HIN

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexPTY said:

is Hua Hin really an international tourist destination? i know BKK people love to go there for a weekend, but what's good there except for beach. I just Googled it and cannot find any reason to fly there from overseas

To me the beaches aren't that great there at all either. But it is a beach area and has tropical water.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The private jet part is total nonsense, and a complete fantasy world. The very wealthy, and especially the super rich do not come to Thailand, for a dozen valid reasons. No need to repeat them all here. Unless it is for business.

And the few who do come, never return. I have seen this first hand, with some very wealthy friends, who never came back. 

Second, Hua Hin airport is one of the most underutilized airports in the world. I hear there is another one in Sierra Leone, that is comparable. They have been talking about opening that airport to international and domestic travel for a decade now. Many of us heard the reason it was never done before. That does not apply anymore. So, what gives? It is the perfect location for regional flights. Do some work guys. Get it together! 

Edited by dmacarelli
  • Like 3
  • Cool 1

27 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

The private jet part is total nonsense, and a complete fantasy world. The very wealthy, and especially the super rich do not come to Thailand, for a dozen valid reasons. No need to repeat them all here. Unless it is for business.

And the few who do come, never return. I have seen this first hand, with some very wealthy friends, who never came back. 

Second, Hua Hin airport is one of the most underutilized airports in the world. I hear there is another one in Sierra Leone, that is comparable. They have been talking about opening that airport to international and domestic travel for a decade now. Many of us heard the reason it was never done before. That does not apply anymore. So, what gives? It is the perfect location for regional flights. Do some work guys. Get it together! 

Yeah they must have watched too many reruns of Field of Dreams.  

• Haha 1

The phuket sandbox had around 28k in 2 months from that 10k went back home.. around 12.5 went to other areas in Thailand (came back home) and 5k still in phuket.. so the 10k in 2 months were so called real tourist's!  1250 a week now to be spread over other areas! I personally think Until they change the arrival criteria then you just won't get the numbers coming.. and with domestic travellers with the 9 months or so in phuket when no international travellers was just not enough to keep the local economy going 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

Beautifully summed up.

Another few dozen empty planes flying around its the airlines dream come true but a nightmare for Greta Thunberg. 

Giving Greta Thunberg a nightmare is not a good thing????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

To me the beaches aren't that great there at all either. But it is a beach area and has tropical water.

Maybe one day I will check it out. Never made it pass Sheraton bar before

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

As you go south from HH towards Sam Roi Yot it's actually really nice. 

For me, HH area has the right balance. Good markets, nice restaurants if you want it. Nightlife is there if you want it, beach life is there. 

My family based about 20km South of HH 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Try from Pranburi southwards. Nice beaches, less people, and cheaper. 

• Like 1

I did read that HH authorities want to test arrivals when they get to their hotel as well as when they land at Soyouwannaboomboom. 

That will go down well......

2 tests in 4 hours or so. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

Something to look forward to is maybe one day. HH or Cha Am for me is good for a day or two at most for visit. I also do have a couple of friends that live there. But I will never say anything about it being a world class destination. Just a different place to pass some different time or head down to the south from a pit stop if not flying.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

As you go south from HH towards Sam Roi Yot it's actually really nice. 

For me, HH area has the right balance. Good markets, nice restaurants if you want it. Nightlife is there if you want it, beach life is there. 

My family based about 20km South of HH 

To live? Quite possibly.

For an international holiday? Why bother - it's a long way to go just for "nice".

22 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Try from Pranburi southwards. Nice beaches, less people, and cheaper. 

Pranburi you mean Beach Rd or more far? We stayed last time at that a pink place called front beach hotel near a little mound at the far end of Beach Rd. The place was ok and good price, but the water wasn't that nice at all, plastic bags would hit you every 30 seconds and jelly fish. This was a New Years probably 4 years ago. For me if it is the nice beaches then it is more south.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

The good beaches start around Pranburi, and go all the way down to Ban Saphan Noi. It is about a 150km stretch, and there is one great beach after another. Decent water too, once you get south of Hua Hin. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stonker said:

To live? Quite possibly.

For an international holiday? Why bother - it's a long way to go just for "nice".

Different folks different folks. Your definition of a good holiday may not be the same as someone else...

..... Ditto international visitor.

7 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

The good beaches start around Pranburi, and go all the way down to Ban Saphan Noi. It is about a 150km stretch, and there is one great beach after another. Decent water too, once you get south of Hua Hin. 

Thanks, sounds like a plan once rain season is over 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Something to look forward to is maybe one day. HH or Cha Am for me is good for a day or two at most for visit. I also do have a couple of friends that live there. But I will never say anything about it being a world class destination. Just a different place to pass some different time or head down to the south from a pit stop if not flying.

Don't think anyone said it was world class, whatever that means. But it is very popular with Thais and foreigners alike. 

For Thais it's proximity to Bangkok, for foreigners it's got a lot to offer too as can be seen by the numbers of them walking around.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

Correct. It’s just a nice beach not too far from BKK. It’s generally not full of dirty crude foreigners like Pattaya is. That’s about it. It has some nightlife but not a great choice of hotels. It has a shopping centres and a monkey temple. Good to get away for a night or two from BKK if you are a hard city working Thai, and a nice place for a few days as part of a wider tour of Thailand, but that’s about it. 

• Like 4