Bangkok video 60 year ago with English

Yinn

10 minutes ago, gummy said:

I have serious question for you. Why is it when looking at those old clips you posted that generally people, the men especially seemed to me better dressed then today ?

Looking at those videos it seems that horrible jeans and tacky T shirts  I see being worn everyday and everywhere were not started to be worn until  2515 onwards, around 50 years ago.  

I see that in old farang photos same. Wear the pants, collared shirt etc. 

Still should wear polite clothes in eg land office, Orbortor etc. = get better service sure.

Actually I have another video from very old Issan, the women not wear the shirt or bra and show the breasts in public, work the farm etc. 

But decide not post that one because some members is immature and will get excited too much. Will troll and speak not well. 

Here is old Lampang.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I see that in old farang photos same. Wear the pants, collared shirt etc. 

Still should wear polite clothes in eg land office, Orbortor etc. = get better service sure.

Actually I have another video from very old Issan, the women not wear the shirt or bra and show the breasts in public, work the farm etc. 

But decide not post that one because some members is immature and will get excited too much. Will troll and speak not well. 

Here is old Lampang.

Well as I am sure you must know a law was passed in Thailand  in 1940 suggesting that women should cover their breasts, prior to that many did not as you identified. As for not publishing the pictures I find that odd. If you ever had the opportunity to go to many of Europes beaches topless sunbathing is quite normal. It is something you get used to and after a short time it means nothing. If you visit many places in the African and South American villages you will see men with their penis on display , no differant. 

20 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Just stating facts.

Yes but always look for the negative facts. Argue and bicker. This thread is positive one.

Back to Issan

Mukdahan 1950s

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

Yes but always look for the negative facts. Argue and bicker. This thread is positive one.

Back to Issan

Mukdahan 1950s

They all looked happy, apart from that pig I guess 😄

7 minutes ago, gummy said:

Well as I am sure you must know a law was passed in Thailand  in 1940 suggesting that women should cover their breasts, prior to that many did not as you identified. As for not publishing the pictures I find that odd. If you ever had the opportunity to go to many of Europes beaches topless sunbathing is quite normal. It is something you get used to and after a short time it means nothing. If you visit many places in the African and South American villages you will see men with their penis on display , no differant. 

I not get excited. You will! 
I see beautiful breasts everyday I shower. So beautiful! Wow.

This one from Sri Saket. 1936 Warning: show breast! 

Intersting see Chinese influence in ChiangRai video, Vietnamese in the Mukdahan, and Khmer in this one.

Amazing Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok now to the South. 1953 Phuket.

This one Phuket old town, then Surin beach (dangerous), tin mining and the boat to Thanun, Phangnga before they built the Sarasin bridge. And famous waterfall in Thai Mueang (phangnga).

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Here one from 1936 year ago Korat. Sorry, is Thai language, the school, market  people etc. 

Maybe your wife enjoy same and can translate for you.
Photo number 10 very handsome!!!! Wow.

And this one video Korat in 1965. Quite good.

Enjoyed the Korat film, decent colour film about upcountry that early is really rare. No fatties about then before the arrival of western junk food, mostly American like the service men. Also, the women looked better dressed with nicer hair styles than today, but that's the same everywhere, nobody gawping at mobiles all the time either!

17 minutes ago, Yinn said:

This one from Sri Saket. 1936 Warning: show breast! 

Intersting see Chinese influence in ChiangRai video, Vietnamese in the Mukdahan, and Khmer in this one.

Amazing Thailand. 

Great video Yinn, breasts gawd Chaimai, Gummy, NCC will be getting very excited, not good for them at their old ages.Pro Wrestling Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Great video Yinn, breasts gawd Chaimai, Gummy, NCC will be getting very excited, not good for them at their old ages.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yinn said:   Yes but always look for the negative facts. Argue and bicker. This thread is positive one.

One woman's negatives are another man's positives..................but I agree that this thread is not the place for politics etc.

Thank you for posting the historical pictures, the are very interesting.

For the record, I have no issue with breasts..... that was very much part of Thai culture at that time and I am a strong believer in history being protected. In the West they are doing things like destroying statues to deny the history of that time; history is not flawless, it should be represented as it was. I, for one, believe it is wrong to judge historical actions based on modern day beliefs.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Thank you Yinn. Although these predate my first visit to Thailand, in 1968, it's not by much. Great recollections. Khop jai!

If have some photos then can share here Uncle Fred.

3 hours ago, Yinn said:

I've watched  every video that she's posted twice already.............and I still cannot find that one 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, thai3 said:

Any old films of Thai singers and dancers Yinn? asking for a friend 😄

Think will start that thread soon. I have good friend farang can help me. He THE expert about Thai music. 

I just watch this one about Bangkok, it the best one I find. Bangkok look liveable before. 

• Like 4