Bangkok video 60 year ago with English

Yinn

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Here one from 1936 year ago Korat. Sorry, is Thai language, the school, market  people etc. 

Maybe your wife enjoy same and can translate for you.
Photo number 10 very handsome!!!! Wow.

And this one video Korat in 1965. Quite good.

Enjoyed the Korat film, decent colour film about upcountry that early is really rare. No fatties about then before the arrival of western junk food, mostly American like the service men. Also, the women looked better dressed with nicer hair styles than today, but that's the same everywhere, nobody gawping at mobiles all the time either!

17 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I not get excited. You will! 
I see beautiful breasts everyday I shower. So beautiful! Wow.

This one from Sri Saket. 1936 Warning: show breast! 

Intersting see Chinese influence in ChiangRai video, Vietnamese in the Mukdahan, and Khmer in this one.

Amazing Thailand. 

Great video Yinn, breasts gawd Chaimai, Gummy, NCC will be getting very excited, not good for them at their old ages.Pro Wrestling Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Great video Yinn, breasts gawd Chaimai, Gummy, NCC will be getting very excited, not good for them at their old ages.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yinn said:   Yes but always look for the negative facts. Argue and bicker. This thread is positive one.

One woman's negatives are another man's positives..................but I agree that this thread is not the place for politics etc.

Thank you for posting the historical pictures, the are very interesting.

For the record, I have no issue with breasts..... that was very much part of Thai culture at that time and I am a strong believer in history being protected. In the West they are doing things like destroying statues to deny the history of that time; history is not flawless, it should be represented as it was. I, for one, believe it is wrong to judge historical actions based on modern day beliefs.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Thank you Yinn. Although these predate my first visit to Thailand, in 1968, it's not by much. Great recollections. Khop jai!

If have some photos then can share here Uncle Fred.

3 hours ago, Yinn said:

I not get excited. You will! 
I see beautiful breasts everyday I shower. So beautiful! Wow.

I've watched  every video that she's posted twice already.............and I still cannot find that one 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, thai3 said:

Any old films of Thai singers and dancers Yinn? asking for a friend 😄

Think will start that thread soon. I have good friend farang can help me. He THE expert about Thai music. 

I just watch this one about Bangkok, it the best one I find. Bangkok look liveable before. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fluke said:

I've watched  every video that she's posted twice already.............and I still cannot find that one 

We live in hope....😀😀😀

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 1:12 PM, Yinn said:

I think if you ask the Vietnam and Cambodia people they will disagree. 
French is so cruel for them. Animals.

Low knowledge post really. 

Can ask Yinn. Because Yinn know everything history.

Whatever economic progress Vietnam made under the French after 1900 benefited only the French and the small class of wealthy Vietnamese created by the colonial regime. The masses of the Vietnamese people were deprived of such benefits by the social policies inaugurated by Doumer and maintained even by his more liberal successors, such as Paul Beau (1902–07), Albert Sarraut (1911–14 and 1917–19), and Alexandre Varenne (1925–28).

Apologists for the colonial regime claimed that French rule led to vast improvements in medical care, education, transport, and communications. The statistics kept by the French, however, appear to cast doubt on such assertions. In 1939, for example, no more than 15 percent of all school-age children received any kind of schooling, and about 80 percent of the population was illiterate, in contrast to precolonial times when the majority of the people possessed some degree of literacy.

link https://www.britannica.com/place/Vietnam/Effects-of-French-colonial-rule

Similar to British takeover in Burma, Malaysia. And Holland in Indonesia. 
Selfish and cruel bully. Rape and stolen. So much.

Lucky Thailand not be like that. 

Hi Yinn great to see you moving over here - I voted for you 4 times in your now infamous POTY win. Trump would have had a field day is those ballots had been accurately counted !

Anyway I digress , anyway a discussion of Thai social history and it's 'exceptionalism'  is difficult to have without straying into taboo areas.  I can easily imagine that for a 19th century peasant toiling in the fields it didn't matter much the nationality of their oppressor and there were a multitude of reasons why 1932 happened which have been conveniently forgotten in the nationalistic narrative. 3 and half million dead SE Asians might not look too kindly on Thailand's role as an aircraft carrier to bomb them "back to the stone age" when initially the Vietnamese just wanted the French colonists out of their country rather than communism. Finally lest we forget The Thai government backed the Axis and allowed the Japanese to colonize your country in WW2. 

< link to forbidden site removed>

Edited by Faz
forbidden link.

11 minutes ago, thai3 said:

what are FG's? does anyone actually read the rules or constant updates? I know I don't

Hi Orton

I post video about Nana area. 
I not post comment = break the rule 6.

If we do Music thread, must make comment everytime. 

So, here is video show history of Nana. Again. English.

https://youtu.be/zCMHYIO6PT4