Bangkok video 60 year ago with English

Yinn

1 hour ago, gummy said:

Isn't that why that person was banned on "the other side" ?

Snitch.

No. Reason I ban is because Rooster lie about translation the news and I show that. Many times. I proof that many times. Rimmer agree, ask him stop, but he not. 

I invite Roster sue me. 

This forum news translation is very good. Really. 

Actually I the most popular one there. The member love me, vote me the best only 4 month. Landslide winner, same Yingluck. Never loose.

Anyway, her some more history for people interested in this thread. Not for the people obsession Yinn. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Shame that the Romans - or the French - didn't 'take' Thailand.  It's cuisine could have been more varied.

Vietnam and Cambodia have certainly benefited from such culinary influences.

I think if you ask the Vietnam and Cambodia people they will disagree. 
French is so cruel for them. Animals.

Low knowledge post really. 

Can ask Yinn. Because Yinn know everything history.

Whatever economic progress Vietnam made under the French after 1900 benefited only the French and the small class of wealthy Vietnamese created by the colonial regime. The masses of the Vietnamese people were deprived of such benefits by the social policies inaugurated by Doumer and maintained even by his more liberal successors, such as Paul Beau (1902–07), Albert Sarraut (1911–14 and 1917–19), and Alexandre Varenne (1925–28).

Apologists for the colonial regime claimed that French rule led to vast improvements in medical care, education, transport, and communications. The statistics kept by the French, however, appear to cast doubt on such assertions. In 1939, for example, no more than 15 percent of all school-age children received any kind of schooling, and about 80 percent of the population was illiterate, in contrast to precolonial times when the majority of the people possessed some degree of literacy.

link https://www.britannica.com/place/Vietnam/Effects-of-French-colonial-rule

Similar to British takeover in Burma, Malaysia. And Holland in Indonesia. 
Selfish and cruel bully. Rape and stolen. So much.

Lucky Thailand not be like that. 

• Like 2

This topic like others is soon to be locked if @Yinn and @Transam cannot stop their petty bickering and off topic personal comments. If you cannot put and end to it, we will.

You've both been previously advised to use the 'ignore' option.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Some more Thai history photos. 

Yinn thank you for posting some very interesting videos of Thailand past, most enjoyable.

Yet i must say 1 thing, enough of the stupid bickering, point scoring, it detracts from the good things you have posted, stop please.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

The Phuket farangs will be in Burma if not because of warrior Chan and Mook.

Siamese Army in Laos During Franco-Siamese War of 1895

879.jpg

5 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Siamese Army in Laos During Franco-Siamese War of 1895

879.jpg

Another won they appear to have lost according to wiki.

The Siamese agreed to cede Laos to France, significantly expanding French Indochina. In 1896, France signed a treaty with Britain defining the border between Laos and British territory in Upper Burma. The Kingdom of Laos became a protectorate, initially placed under the Governor General of Indochina in Hanoi. Pavie, who almost single-handedly brought Laos under French rule, saw to the officialization in Hanoi.

The French and British both had strong interests in controlling parts of Indochina. Twice in the 1890s, they were on the verge of war over two different routes leading to Yunnan.[citation needed] But several difficulties discouraged them from war. The geography of the land made troop movements difficult, making warfare more costly and less effective. Both countries were fighting a difficult conflict within their respective colonies.[citation needed] Malaria was common and deadly. Ultimately, the imagined trade routes never really came into use. In 1904, the French and the British put aside their many differences with the Entente Cordiale, ending this dispute in southeastern Asia.

France continued to occupy Chanthaburi and Trat up until 1907, when Siam ceded to it the provinces of Battambang, Siem Reap and Sisophon

6 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Yinn thank you for posting some very interesting videos of Thailand past, most enjoyable.

Yet i must say 1 thing, enough of the stupid bickering, point scoring, it detracts from the good things you have posted, stop please.

Thanks. 
ok. 
wish they not hijack every thread I do. Boring. For what?
I will try find some more English language one for everybody. 
Maybe Korat for you. Korat is interesting history. Where the Issan people and the central people mix a lot.

Nice people from there. Friendly. Except one man called Prayut. I not like him.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2021 at 10:19 AM, gummy said:

Interesting those too.   Do you have any videos from 1941 showing the Japanese arriving by any chance ?

The Thai "Free Thai" movement, opposing the Japanese .

Early 1940's

951.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

Thanks. 
ok. 
wish they not hijack every thread I do. Boring. For what?
I will try find some more English language one for everybody. 
Maybe Korat for you. Korat is interesting history. Where the Issan people and the central people mix a lot.

Nice people from there. Friendly. Except one man called Prayut. I not like him.

Well Phitsanulok is not so good because that is where Prayut's bad brother lives now

24 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Here one from 1936 year ago Korat. Sorry, is Thai language, the school, market  people etc. 

Maybe your wife enjoy same and can translate for you.
Photo number 10 very handsome!!!! Wow.

And this one video Korat in 1965. Quite good.

• Like 2

Just now, Fluke said:

Free Thai movement Bangkok early 1940's 

952.jpg

Now they were the people who should be honoured along with around the 30,000 local people estimated to have been killed by the Japanese for trying to help the allied prisoners in Kanchanaburi.

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Whatever economic progress Vietnam made under the French after 1900 benefited only the French and the small class of wealthy Vietnamese created by the colonial regime. The masses of the Vietnamese people were deprived of such benefits by the social policies inaugurated by Doumer and maintained even by his more liberal successors, such as Paul Beau (1902–07), Albert Sarraut (1911–14 and 1917–19), and Alexandre Varenne (1925–28).

Apologists for the colonial regime claimed that French rule led to vast improvements in medical care, education, transport, and communications. The statistics kept by the French, however, appear to cast doubt on such assertions. In 1939, for example, no more than 15 percent of all school-age children received any kind of schooling, and about 80 percent of the population was illiterate, in contrast to precolonial times when the majority of the people possessed some degree of literacy.

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

I was just talking about food.

But, as regards history, I am pleased about the 13 successful coups that have helped to shape Thailand..

That way can keep out thieves like Shinawatras and keep in good men from military.

4 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Chiang Rai 1935+

I have serious question for you. Why is it when looking at those old clips you posted that generally people, the men especially seemed to me better dressed then today ?

Looking at those videos it seems that horrible jeans and tacky T shirts  I see being worn everyday and everywhere were not started to be worn until  2515 onwards, around 50 years ago.  

10 minutes ago, gummy said:

I have serious question for you. Why is it when looking at those old clips you posted that generally people, the men especially seemed to me better dressed then today ?

Looking at those videos it seems that horrible jeans and tacky T shirts  I see being worn everyday and everywhere were not started to be worn until  2515 onwards, around 50 years ago.  

I see that in old farang photos same. Wear the pants, collared shirt etc. 

Still should wear polite clothes in eg land office, Orbortor etc. = get better service sure.

Actually I have another video from very old Issan, the women not wear the shirt or bra and show the breasts in public, work the farm etc. 

But decide not post that one because some members is immature and will get excited too much. Will troll and speak not well. 

Here is old Lampang.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I see that in old farang photos same. Wear the pants, collared shirt etc. 

Still should wear polite clothes in eg land office, Orbortor etc. = get better service sure.

Actually I have another video from very old Issan, the women not wear the shirt or bra and show the breasts in public, work the farm etc. 

But decide not post that one because some members is immature and will get excited too much. Will troll and speak not well. 

Here is old Lampang.

Well as I am sure you must know a law was passed in Thailand  in 1940 suggesting that women should cover their breasts, prior to that many did not as you identified. As for not publishing the pictures I find that odd. If you ever had the opportunity to go to many of Europes beaches topless sunbathing is quite normal. It is something you get used to and after a short time it means nothing. If you visit many places in the African and South American villages you will see men with their penis on display , no differant. 

20 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Just stating facts.

Yes but always look for the negative facts. Argue and bicker. This thread is positive one.

Back to Issan

Mukdahan 1950s

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

Yes but always look for the negative facts. Argue and bicker. This thread is positive one.

Back to Issan

Mukdahan 1950s

They all looked happy, apart from that pig I guess 😄

7 minutes ago, gummy said:

Well as I am sure you must know a law was passed in Thailand  in 1940 suggesting that women should cover their breasts, prior to that many did not as you identified. As for not publishing the pictures I find that odd. If you ever had the opportunity to go to many of Europes beaches topless sunbathing is quite normal. It is something you get used to and after a short time it means nothing. If you visit many places in the African and South American villages you will see men with their penis on display , no differant. 

I not get excited. You will! 
I see beautiful breasts everyday I shower. So beautiful! Wow.

This one from Sri Saket. 1936 Warning: show breast! 

Intersting see Chinese influence in ChiangRai video, Vietnamese in the Mukdahan, and Khmer in this one.

Amazing Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok now to the South. 1953 Phuket.

This one Phuket old town, then Surin beach (dangerous), tin mining and the boat to Thanun, Phangnga before they built the Sarasin bridge. And famous waterfall in Thai Mueang (phangnga).