Bangkok video 60 year ago with English

Yinn

3 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Okay , to answer your previous question:

“ Where are the French and Japanese now ?

Still in Thailand ? “

I don’t know if they are still in Thailand now as they would be very old !!

The French and Japanese armies are not currently in Thailand because they got defeated 

Yes, they would be old now, but had they won, younger people would have replaced them 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fluke said:

The French and Japanese armies are not currently in Thailand because they got defeated 

Yes, they would be old now, but had they won, younger people would have replaced them 

I know a few younger French and Japanese people in Thailand .

4 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

I know a few younger French and Japanese people in Thailand .

Are they in a position as being an occupying power in Thailand ?

Are they French and Japanese guys leading the County ?

If not, its an irrelevant point 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Are they in a position as being an occupying power in Thailand ?

Are they French and Japanese guys leading the County ?

If not, its an irrelevant point 

Now you are asking a totally different question !!

If you go back to where our little tête-à-tête started you will notice I was replying to Yinn’s quote “ we win that war. “
If you had read Yinn’s posted link you would know that that particular conflict ended in an Armistice !!, where both parties, coerced by the Japanese, agreed to sign a peace treaty.

So, the war was not “won “.

In your haste to defend the maiden you forgot to read the first page of the White Knight’s handbook which is : “ before jumping in with both feet make sure you are fully aware of the facts “

2 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Now you are asking a totally different question !!

If you go back to where our little tête-à-tête started you will notice I was replying to Yinn’s quote “ we win that war. “
If you had read Yinn’s posted link you would know that that particular conflict ended in an Armistice !!, where both parties, coerced by the Japanese, agreed to sign a peace treaty.

So, the war was not “won “.

In your haste to defend the maiden you forgot to read the first page of the White Knight’s handbook which is : “ before jumping in with both feet make sure you are fully aware of the facts “

Considering that Thailand got their land and territory back and no foreign invaders ruling the Country with both the Japanese and French going back home , I do consider that to be a victory . 

Thailand got what they wanted and the French and Japanese didn't get what they wanted , Win for Thailand 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Considering that Thailand got their land and territory back and no foreign invaders ruling the Country with both the Japanese and French going back home , I do consider that to be a victory . 

Thailand got what they wanted and the French and Japanese didn't get what they wanted , Win for Thailand 

You didn’t read the link did you ??

”The Japanese wanted to use Thailand and Indochina as their military bases to invade British Burma and British Malaya later. The Japanese won from Phibun a secret verbal promise to support them in an attack on Malaya and Burma. Phibun did not keep his word.[16]

Relations between Japan and Thailand were subsequently stressed, as a disappointed Phibun switched to courting the British and Americans to ward off what he saw as an imminent Japanese invasion.[17] However, on 8 December 1941, the Japanese invaded Thailand at the same time as the Japanese invasion of Malaya. It was immediately before the attack on Pearl Harborbecause of the International Date Line. Pearl Harbor was attacked one-and-a-half hours after Malaya and Thailand were. Fighting between Japanese and Thai forces lasted only five hours before a ceasefire was agreed. Thailand would be allied with Japan until 1945.”

I would say Win for Japan .

4 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

You didn’t read the link did you ??

”The Japanese wanted to use Thailand and Indochina as their military bases to invade British Burma and British Malaya later. The Japanese won from Phibun a secret verbal promise to support them in an attack on Malaya and Burma. Phibun did not keep his word.[16]

Relations between Japan and Thailand were subsequently stressed, as a disappointed Phibun switched to courting the British and Americans to ward off what he saw as an imminent Japanese invasion.[17] However, on 8 December 1941, the Japanese invaded Thailand at the same time as the Japanese invasion of Malaya. It was immediately before the attack on Pearl Harborbecause of the International Date Line. Pearl Harbor was attacked one-and-a-half hours after Malaya and Thailand were. Fighting between Japanese and Thai forces lasted only five hours before a ceasefire was agreed. Thailand would be allied with Japan until 1945.”

Oh, you are referring to single issues and skirmish's and battles ?

I was talking about overall .

Yes, Japan did win a few battles , but in the end, they completely lost . 

They won some battles. but lost the war 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gummy said:

Interesting those too.   Do you have any videos from 1941 showing the Japanese arriving by any chance ?

Warning. Graphic. Upset some viewer.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Transam said:

Australian immigration didn't believe you though, did they, no visa, I wonder why....🤔

Because I not have job. Just finish uni. If I have a job already why I want to go to Australia, must go to work. Stupid. Racist.

Not friendly immigration. Not allow university graduate. I want to bolster Australia.

In Thailand we more friendly, we allow UK taxi driver come live in Ubon, low education, no degree, not finish high school. They still complain everything!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Oh, you are referring to single issues and skirmish's and battles ?

I was talking about overall .

Yes, Japan did win a few battles , but in the end, they completely lost . 

They won some battles. but lost the war 

We are talking about the Franco-Thai war which was forced into a peace treaty by the Japanese for their own personal gain.

“ The Japanese wanted to maintain both their working relationship with Vichy and the status quo; therefore, the Thais were forced to accept only a quarter of the territory that they gained from the French, in addition to having to pay six million piastres as a concession to the French.

However, the real beneficiaries of the conflict were the Japanese, who were able to expand their influence in both Thailand and Indochina. “

16 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Nah. We trick them fight the French, save our life better. 

WW2 mostly farang war. Idiots. For what? Please explain.

we allow Japan to go to Burma. We not like Burma, they attack us many time. Som Nam na.

British try steal our land near Burma and Malaysia many time. 
The farang (British, France, Holland) try take over everywhere all the time. 
But can not take Thailand. Sure.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Because I not have job. Just finish uni. If I have a job already why I want to go to Australia, must go to work. Stupid. Racist.

Not friendly immigration. Not allow university graduate. I want to bolster Australia.

In Thailand we more friendly, we allow UK taxi driver come live in Ubon, low education, no degree, not finish high school. They still complain everything!

New Zealand is 10x more pleasant than Australia, I'd recommend giving it a visit sometime, Mrs got a visa and she does not have a provable job

16 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

We are talking about the Franco-Thai war which was forced into a peace treaty by the Japanese for their own personal gain.

“ The Japanese wanted to maintain both their working relationship with Vichy and the status quo; therefore, the Thais were forced to accept only a quarter of the territory that they gained from the French, in addition to having to pay six million piastres as a concession to the French.

However, the real beneficiaries of the conflict were the Japanese, who were able to expand their influence in both Thailand and Indochina. “

We were initially talking about the Japanese troops arriving in Thailand in 1941 and they left defeated in 1945 , as did the French and the British , leaving Thailand empty handed

30 minutes ago, Transam said:

Think you should catch up reading some history, for starters, look up who started up who started the War in Asia, then who started the war in Europe....I assume your Uni thing wasn't history....

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

Thais don't do history , but this may help them

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thailand_in_World_War_II

You are both here in Thailand on temporary visas .

You are not here as rulers because your Countries conquered Thailand .

You can stay in Thailand as long as the red stamp in your passports says that you can .

You are here as temporary visitors and not as citizens or rulers

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Transam said:

Think you should catch up reading some history, for starters, look up who started up who started the War in Asia, then who started the war in Europe....I assume your Uni thing wasn't history....

Thanks for lovely advice

Taxi driver from UK living in Ubon, can not speak or read Thai. 
........i assume your thing wasn’t education........

this video will help you understand why the farang WW2 was ok for Thailand. (English)

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, gummy said:

Thais don't do history , but this may help them

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thailand_in_World_War_II

wrong. 
We do history a lot. Thai history. 
Not interested in farang history much. Boring.
I think farang not interested in Thai history. 

Maybe you not understand. eg We have 34 war with Burma. I sure you not know about that. We win most. 

Compare us together now. Burma is third world. Maybe because the British “help” them so much. Similar Laos and Cambodia, the French “help” them. Pfffftt

10 minutes ago, Yinn said:

wrong. 

Maybe you not understand. eg We have 34 war with Burma. I sure you not know about that. We win most. 

Compare us together now. Burma is third world. Maybe because the British “help” them so much. Similar Laos and Cambodia, the French “help” them. Pfffftt

Thai history of wars against Burma differs significantly as to the account held by the rest of the world. But still you will never want to know the facts as you simply could never comprehend  them. It is not your fault you have been totally indoctrinated, but for the sake of the nations future you will one day have to face reality, not matter how much you may dislike it.

13 minutes ago, gummy said:

Thai history of wars against Burma differs significantly as to the account held by the rest of the world. But still you will never want to know the facts as you simply could never comprehend  them. It is not your fault you have been totally indoctrinated, but for the sake of the nations future you will one day have to face reality, not matter how much you may dislike it.

= you have no knowledge about thai history.

Try this one. Help you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yinn said:

wrong. 

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

= you have no knowledge about thai history.

Try this one. Help you.

She’s correct. There is lots of books on Thai history. I prefer Lanna history which goes back >1000 years. Look around at all the ruins (some restored or protected). My village just had a 247 year celebration.

16 hours ago, Yinn said:

wrong. 

I thought you were supposed to stop trolling?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

I thought you were supposed to stop trolling?

17 hours ago, gummy said:

Thais don't do history

You want me to agree with stupid post? So stupid thing to say. Many movie, lakorn, history class at school, public holiday a lot for history. Everyday Thais do history. 

This thread about history. I start it right.

trolling is Yinn not agree with false information? 

ok. Thailand have no history.
Yinn must agree the English old gang talk fake thing? 
This my thread, but the same 5 old English guy try hijack every thread I make. Obsession.
Look yorself.

pffft

Edited by Yinn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Transam said:

Every country has a history, but I think the history that has shaped the world is more important than  countries with minimal creative  history.

For me, it's the countries that gave us the industrial revolution, the technology that gave us electricity, communication, maps etc. The explorers, adventurers that made it all happen. 😊

So why you move to Ubon? 55555555

Thailand one of the only country independent. Romans not take us, same they take over England. You lucky Thailand have great warrior because if not have them, you now live in Cambodia. 

The Phuket farangs will be in Burma if not because of warrior Chan and Mook.

Here some more history for you...

https://www.hotels.com/go/thailand/phuket-heroines-monument

I notice you join Yinn “follower” group. 
thankyou. 

• Like 1

Shame that the Romans - or the French - didn't 'take' Thailand.  It's cuisine could have been more varied.

Vietnam and Cambodia have certainly benefited from such culinary influences.

• Like 1