Bangkok video 60 year ago with English

Yinn

52 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Maybe some member enjoy to watch this one.

Thank you for that. Watched all of it and what I noticed was that no one was fat, adults or children. Lucky days for them then as no US junk food to make them fat like KFC, McDonalds, dunkin donuts etc.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, gummy said:

Thank you for that. Watched all of it and what I noticed was that no one was fat, adults or children. Lucky days for them then as no US junk food to make them fat like KFC, McDonalds, dunkin donuts etc.

I'll have to watch this later when I get some time. I can almost pinpoint it to a month and year. Look on any dating website, most of the girls who are 30 and older are still slim and fit, especially if they are 40 and older.

All girls 25 and under it is getting close to 50% being overweight and many who are actually obese. I would say it was those formative years where they really got hit with the western trash fast food maybe starting in around 2008 or so that did it.

When I look back at childhood pics of the 80's in the States we were all rail skinny...out all day running around, riding bikes...McDonalds was a special treat we only got every once in a while. Sad.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, gummy said:

2127865081_ScreenShot2021-09-07at10_17_46AM.thumb.png.9f3696c9214acae58517e26a3cd1c8c7.png

Looks like there was, i guess not affordable to eat junk for most though.

• Like 2

Thank you for sharing this; I'm grateful for the video and the look back. To those of you reading this entire conversation who are Thai, do your best to ignore the comments of farang telling you what to eat or how to live. The nerve!

Edited by ChiangMike
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChiangMike said:

Thank you for sharing this; I'm grateful for the video and the look back. To those of you reading this entire conversation who are Thai, do your best to ignore the comments of farang telling you what to eat or how to live. The nerve!

No problem. I enjoy watch the old one. Interesting.

Have more but is thai language. 

Farang love come Thailand and tell Thai how Farangistan way is better. Hmmmm. Just smile, but not listen. Why they come Thailand.

Here another one for enjoy...1930

And English 1957

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

No problem. I enjoy watch the old one. Interesting.

Have more but is thai language. 

Farang love come Thailand and tell Thai how Farangistan way is better. Hmmmm. Just smile, but not listen. Why they come Thailand.

Here another one for enjoy...1930

And English 1957

Interesting those too.   Do you have any videos from 1941 showing the Japanese arriving by any chance ?

11 minutes ago, gummy said:

Interesting those too.   Do you have any videos from 1941 showing the Japanese arriving by any chance ?

The Japanese army helped to keep the British away from Thailand , the British who had colonised Thailand's neighbors and not treated them very well 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fluke said:

The Japanese army helped to keep the British away from Thailand , the British who had colonised Thailand's neighbors and not treated them very well 

Strange that because in Kanchanburi their are many graves of British and Dutch victims of the Japanese so they actually didn't stop the British at all, in fact they transported them here, you should go some time and educate yourself.  Meanwhile in case you couldn't understand I was asking about videos of the Japanese arriving in 1941 as there is some confliction as to how they were actually greeted by the Thai government at the time.

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

Strange that because in Kanchanburi their are many graves of British and Dutch victims of the Japanese so they actually didn't stop the British at all, in fact they transported them here, you should go some time and educate yourself.  

I did mean that the Japanese Army  stopped the British Army from taking over/colonising Thailand. 

Some of the captured British soldiers were required to do a days work for their keep and to help build railway lines 

2 hours ago, Fluke said:

That was the French mate 😄

14 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Burma was under British rule , you must be thinking of Laos

No I was thinking of Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. If the Brits has stayed in Vietnam in 1945 they might have totally defeated the communists with the help of the ex Japanese soldiers they used as well. Sadly they had to leave and the hated (by the locals) French went back to screw it all up again.

17 minutes ago, thai3 said:

No I was thinking of Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. If the Brits has stayed in Vietnam in 1945 they might have totally defeated the communists with the help of the ex Japanese soldiers they used as well. Sadly they had to leave and the hated (by the locals) French went back to screw it all up again.

World War 2 was over , The Nazis and Japanese head been defeated after a long costly war. 

The after math bought many local conflicts , India/Pakistan , the two Koreas , Israel and the Palestinians and the whole middle East .

The U.K needed to regroup back in the U.K and begin the rebuild , and let the locals sort out their differences themselves 

2 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Also the Japanese help us fight the French and get our land back from farangset thief. 

we win that war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-Thai_War

I wouldn’t be so quick as to say you won that war !!

From the link you posted:

Result

Indecisive[1]

• Japanese-mediated armistice[2]
  •  

[2] Fall, p. 22. "On the seas, one old French cruiser sank one-third of the whole Thai fleet ... Japan, seeing that the war was turning against its pupil and ally, imposed its 'mediation' between the two parties."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

I wouldn’t be so quick as to say you won that war !!

From the link you posted:

Result

Indecisive[1]

• Japanese-mediated armistice[2]
  •  

[2] Fall, p. 22. "On the seas, one old French cruiser sank one-third of the whole Thai fleet ... Japan, seeing that the war was turning against its pupil and ally, imposed its 'mediation' between the two parties."

Where are the French and Japanese now ?

Still in Thailand ?

2 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Where are the French and Japanese now ?

Still in Thailand ?

Using your analogy:

Are Germans still in Germany ?

2 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Using your analogy:

Are Germans still in Germany ?

That's a false equivalent 

They never went to Germany to try and conquer the Country .

3 minutes ago, Fluke said:

That's a false equivalent 

They never went to Germany to try and conquer the Country .

Okay , to answer your previous question:

“ Where are the French and Japanese now ?

Still in Thailand ? “

I don’t know if they are still in Thailand now as they would be very old !!