News Forum - Pathum Thani shopping centre apologises after overcrowded vaccination event goes viral

Thaiger

A shopping centre in Pathum Thani, a central Thai province, has apologised for a vaccination event that went awry after large crowds packed into the shopping centre in anticipation of receiving a vaccine. The large crowds resulted in people standing right next to each other with no social distancing being observed. The vaccination event happened over the weekend at Future Park Rangsit. Following videos and pictures of the event that went viral, the centre released a statement. The shopping centre’s statement says that officials are taking action over the mishap. They add that they have addressed the problem and subsequently […]

The post Pathum Thani shopping centre apologises after overcrowded vaccination event goes viral appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

In CM last week it was far from perfect also. Overcrowded, no physical distancing, no ventilation at all (as it was before the shopping center's normal opening time) and support staff walking between the crowd without facemask.

But we got a jab, hope that's all we got.

• Like 2

This is what happens when nobody knows how to organize anything, it also does not help with a government that is basically a circus full of clowns who have no idea what to do. If vaccines had been ordered in sufficient quantities in 2020 everyone in Thailand would have be vaccinated by now but no, the government saw fit to delay the purchasing and now look at the shi* show.

TIT.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The shopping centre’s statement says that officials are taking action over the mishap. They add that they have addressed the problem

Lots of brown envelopes have been sold, someone is feeling a bit richer.

It's the same scenario all over Thailand. Whenever they announce a vaccine roll out its packed out with virtually no organisation and definitely no room to use social distancing.

So it's ok for a thousand or more people to be packed into a small area often standing shoulder to shoulder hoping to get a vaccine.

Yet if you hold a private birthday party in Pattaya, Phuket, Chang Mai with a few bottles of that covid toxic alcohol then it's a super spreader and the fun police will get you.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

At least they did not blame a camera angle

But clearly, isn't that the real mistake, here? Leaving the usual and working way of blame?

That happened because this superclowns and empty heads want people can no more go to the hairdresser or restaurant without vaccinated instead first contrate to organise a propper rollout and then talk about. Surly a hub of incompetent clowns and empty heads this government. 

2 hours ago, Guest1 said:

But clearly, isn't that the real mistake, here? Leaving the usual and working way of blame?

If you lived here long enough, you would know that there is always someone to blame

I had my first Pfizer vaccine in Udon Thani a couple of weeks ago and I have my 2nd on the 15th, it was very well organised. Today we had news 1 person who had travelled outside my village was tested positive, usual paranoid panic amongst the locals but the local leaders have been great again in organising testing, shame no vaccine generally available for general population :-(

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, A1taff said:

I had my first Pfizer vaccine in Udon Thani a couple of weeks ago and I have my 2nd on the 15th, it was very well organised. Today we had news 1 person who had travelled outside my village was tested positive, usual paranoid panic amongst the locals but the local leaders have been great again in organising testing, shame no vaccine generally available for general population :-(

Good to hear you were one of the lucky ones who had a good vax experience, but there are still too many tales of woe.  And sorry I missed your debut post, last week, but many thanks for that!

Hello, A1taff and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.       https://thethaiger.com/forum-guidelines-and-rules

Happy posting

King Cotton

19 minutes ago, A1taff said:

I was there on the same day as you then so let's hope the 15th will be as well organised. 

The solution to overcrowded vaccination events is having a booking system. You book a time and be there at your allocated time. It works very well in my country. It helps planners know what demand is and having enough vaccines available to meet that demand. If demand is exceeded, people don't get a booking, but their details are saved for the next round. It saves them waiting unnecessarily (which frustrates people enormously). It also means people aren't congregating and spreading the virus.