News Forum - Vaccination passport required in Thailand? Phuket Freedom Day | GMT | September 6

Thaiger

On today’s show Jay and Mike talk about Thailand’s top stories regarding new restrictions for dining in dark red provinces and the Dec 1 Phuket freedom day plan. Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha won his vote of confidence after a 4-day censure debate. A former deputy attorney general is facing disciplinary action for his decision not to indict the Red Bull hier, known by his nickname Boss. The now-ousted police station chief accused of killing a drug suspect by placing plastic bags over the man’s head to suffocate him has denied the charges of intent to kill.

The post Vaccination passport required in Thailand? Phuket Freedom Day | GMT | September 6 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

31 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

And just what is this vaccination passport, or card, and where can it be obtained? Or, have the officials thought about that yet?

I suspect it will be available for ordering on line soon via Facebook ads 😂   Which will be absolutely fine because an outlet can tick the box to say that they have checked for a vax certificate. The fact it may be fake is of no concern

3 hours ago, dmacarelli said:

And just what is this vaccination passport, or card, and where can it be obtained? Or, have the officials thought about that yet?

After I got my 2nd shot, they gave me a QR code to scan and this resulted in some kind of MoPH vax certificate to appear on my phone, which I saved to my camera roll.  I suppose it could be this.

• Like 2

The discussion about vaccine passports didn't make sense to me. There was talk about the passport giving  people more liberty - and the assumption is in exchange for giving up rights you are allowed to do more things. But once you agree to give up more rights (personal info) don't you have less liberty?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CalBear said:

The discussion about vaccine passports didn't make sense to me. There was talk about the passport giving  people more liberty - and the assumption is in exchange for giving up rights you are allowed to do more things. But once you agree to give up more rights (personal info) don't you have less liberty?

Yes, that closing question is fundamental, not merely to the 'rights' issue but to the wider quality-of-life issue, too.  And this, your debut post, too, so many thanks for that!

Hello, CalBear and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.       https://thethaiger.com/forum-guidelines-and-rules

Happy posting

King Cotton

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

thailand not set up for digital vaccine certificate for travelling,beside its red listed,priority should be to fully vaccine 70%,l read they changed the rules from fully to a one shot trick pony,as for the deputy AG nate are we to believe he acted alone ? with his 2 new witnesses,one died in a accident,and the other, a air commander, has gone missing,as for pm prayuth where was the opposition coalition parties who hold the balance of power,nowhere to be seen ?