News Forum - Proof of vaccination to be required for dine-in service in “dark red” provinces

Thaiger

Proof of vaccination, or a negative antigen test result, will be required to eat in at restaurants in the “dark red” zones from October 1. The Bangkok Post reports that the negative test result must be no more than a week old, while people who’ve had Covid-19 must show health records that prove they’ve recovered from the virus. Suwannachai Wattanayingcharoenchai from the Health Department says the rule has been introduced to allow businesses to re-open during the pandemic. As part of the measures, customers will need to complete details of their infection risk, by using the government app, “Thai Save […]

The post Proof of vaccination to be required for dine-in service in “dark red” provinces appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Thaired said:

Utterly ridiculous and morally wrong on so many levels.

Not only that, you cant get proof of vaxx unless you have a pending airline ticket out of the country.

Edited by Inlandchris
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Inlandchris said:

Not only that, you cant get proof of vaxx unless you have a pending airline ticket out of the country.

Tripe.

You have proof of vaccination from the first vaccination appt.

• Like 4

Must be a good business with a vaccination rate of 10 % and not enough avaiable vaccines. I really want to know what they use to be such stoned and in an another universe to make such anouncements, actions on a daily bases and not think one second before open their mouth and doing something stupid. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, shanghailoz said:

Tripe.

You have proof of vaccination from the first vaccination appt.

Not if you are relying on that mor prom app

input id number created by them then phone number

Then it spins for eternity no OTP IN SIGHT if you read app feedback i am nof the only one

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, poohy said:

Then it spins for eternity no OTP IN SIGHT if you read app feedback i am nof the only one

You can either use the Morphrom app, or the QR code to Web Page (the green site at MOPH), or a snapshot of your vaccine page(s), or the yellow book.

8 minutes ago, shanghailoz said:

You can either use the Morphrom app, or the QR code to Web Page (the green site at MOPH), or a snapshot of your vaccine page(s), or the yellow book.

Sorry not wishing to be argumentative

Apart from app which i was told by nurse to use i have never seen a yellow book and re the other 2 things i have never heard of

Any links would be greatful i suppose yellow book is obtained from hospital?

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

As part of the measures, customers will need to complete details of their infection risk, by using the government app, “Thai Save

Ah Thailand. The hub of non working apps and websites. Like anyone is going to care after a week.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, poohy said:

Apart from app which i was told by nurse to use i have never seen a yellow book and re the other 2 things i have never heard of

Any links would be greatful i suppose yellow book is obtained from hospital?

"In April, the Disease Control Department announced the release of Thailand’s COVID certificate. The passport will resemble vaccine certificates that have been commonplace for decades, like the Yellow Fever Card.

It will display the traveler’s name and identification number as well as the dates of vaccination and the type of vaccine received.

Thailand’s vaccine passport is issued by appointment at one of the following institutions:

• The Bureau of General Communicable Disease at Suvarnabhumi airport
  • Travel Medicine Clinic
  • Bamrasnaradura Infectious Disease Institute
  • Urban Disease Control and Prevention, Bang Khen, Bangkok

“Those who have completed the vaccination will receive a COVID-19 certificate,” announced Anutin Charnvirakul, Thailand’s Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Public Health, after a National Communicable Diseases Committee held on March 8th, 2021.

The government refers to this document as a “vaccine passport” since it is meant to help restore international travel and tourism, a key industry for the Southeast Asian country.

“If you wish to travel abroad, bring a certificate of vaccination, obtain a vaccine passport or ‘yellow book‘,” said Charnvirakul."

https://www.covidpasscertificate.com/thailand-backs-vaccine-certificate-proposal/

1614736934_1.jpg

It appears you can buy a blank WHO Yellow Vaccination book on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/INTERNATIONAL-CERTIFICATE-VACCINATION-PROPHYLAXIS-W-H/dp/B07TCRVDFY

Then you would just take your vaccination "receipt" from the hospital to the hospital and have them complete the information on the Yellow Book.  I think all international travelers should have one.  I've carried one for more than 20 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MrStretch said:

"In April, the Disease Control Department announced the release of Thailand’s COVID certificate. The passport will resemble vaccine certificates that have been commonplace for decades, like the Yellow Fever Card.

It will display the traveler’s name and identification number as well as the dates of vaccination and the type of vaccine received.

Thailand’s vaccine passport is issued by appointment at one of the following institutions:

• Travel Medicine Clinic

“Those who have completed the vaccination will receive a COVID-19 certificate,” announced Anutin Charnvirakul, Thailand’s Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Public Health, after a National Communicable Diseases Committee held on March 8th, 2021.

The government refers to this document as a “vaccine passport” since it is meant to help restore international travel and tourism, a key industry for the Southeast Asian country.

“If you wish to travel abroad, bring a certificate of vaccination, obtain a vaccine passport or ‘yellow book‘,” said Charnvirakul."

https://www.covidpasscertificate.com/thailand-backs-vaccine-certificate-proposal/

1614736934_1.jpg

So you have to travel to high disease areas to apply/collect it

6 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

• Travel Medicine Clinic

1614736934_1.jpg

It appears you can buy a blank WHO Yellow Vaccination book on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/INTERNATIONAL-CERTIFICATE-VACCINATION-PROPHYLAXIS-W-H/dp/B07TCRVDFY

Then you would just take your vaccination "receipt" from the hospital to the hospital and have them complete the information on the Yellow Book.  I think all international travelers should have one.  I've carried one for more than 20 years.

Yep, so long as you can produce an international airline ticket 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

• Travel Medicine Clinic

Hmm thanks how convenient

None  within easy motorcycle ride of Prachuap (yes i am being selfish but cant see point in travelling to a high risk area to get something that says you are not at risk) also surely it should computerized so it cant be copied And also be scanned by other counties when travelling (now i am thinking too much)

i will give it a miss for the foreseeable future cant see it bein a big issue here in the sticks any way

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

There Should be a covid restriction included in these instructions ! 
No topping off customers beverages.

This p me off to no end and it’s very unsanitary!

• Like 1

They actually kicked out 90% of the restaurants customer base as only 10% of the Thai population are fully vaccinated. 

Spain actually tried the same stunt. Some toke jt to highcourt where it was disallowed because of discrimination.  Here it won't happen because Thais never discriminate. Sarcasm can happen 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

.... strict regulations, including ensuring all staff are fully vaccinated, observe social distancing measures, and are screened for the virus on a weekly basis

How can a waiter "social distance"? 

Or a hairdresser / barber?

I normally try to see the positives, but this is just so patently stupid even I can't see how anyone with a functioning brain cell can suggest it.

... and what, exactly, does "screened for the virus" mean?

A PCR test? An antigen test? A temperature check? An "how are you feeling today" ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, nikoncam said:

my vaccination status is no one but my doctors business. this vaccine passport is an invasion into privacy.

That is true. So don't complain when you are refused entry to a restaurent because who they chose to allow in is their business also.

31 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I normally try to see the positives, but this is just so patently stupid even I can't see how anyone with a functioning brain cell can suggest it.

Just copied off the French. Maybe other European countries as well. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, poohy said:

Anybody going for vaccine can request the appointment card / certificate to be delivered by email after the first dose. This card is actually issued just after they upload the data to the MOH.  It includes your 13 digits ID and proof of vaccination.

Then in the app, Click "Create Account" first, password will be sent by sms. The app will not work without internet access.

Then, after your second dose, you will be able to get a full certificate from there

Good luck

I was just thinking, this is bloody backwards.

The malls opened yesterday, and many people went and enjoyed food in their favorite mall restaurant, now they are saying that you need to be carrying proof of vaccination?

What BS.

My son sent me a pick of he and his gf out for pizza last night, so they won't be able to do that again, because neither is vaccinated?

What a terrible case of cranium rectus this government has.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Artemis080 said:

Ah Thailand. The hub of non working apps and websites. Like anyone is going to care after a week.

I wonder how many apps we would have had to install  ..... 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, nikoncam said:

my vaccination status is no one but my doctors business. this vaccine passport is an invasion into privacy.

Disagree.  When you were a child you had to have proof of vaccination in order to attend school.  In some countries you must have proof of certain vaccinations to travel there, like Yellow Fever.  This is no different.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rebel said:

Here it won't happen because Thais never discriminate. Sarcasm can happen 

So just like Thai duel prices (local vs ferang) just wait for duel vaccination certificate …. unsure what the number difference will be for this.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Pi_Tim said:

Anybody going for vaccine can request the appointment card / certificate to be delivered by email after the first dose. This card is actually issued just after they upload the data to the MOH.  It includes your 13 digits ID and proof of vaccination.

Then in the app, Click "Create Account" first, password will be sent by sms. The app will not work without internet access.

Then, after your second dose, you will be able to get a full certificate from there

Good luck

Thank you  i have a hand written id number and internet but when i input number and phone number that wheel just spins

i will contact hospital again to make sure numbers are correct and they have input details as i was told there would be a few weeks delay (up to a month)  doing this 

Cheers!