News Forum - Monday Covid Update: 187 deaths and 13,988 new cases

Thaiger

16 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

P.S.

The government are already covering themselves...

Numbers could go up to 30.000, and blaming the citizens in advance!

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2177155/new-covid-cases-dip-below-14-000-but-could-reach-30-000

Thailand's no different to anywhere else - far more people do what they're told than what they're asked.

3 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I hope to God I'm not!!!

If I am then Thailand's going to be going into the new year with everything open, no travel or any other restrictions, and less than a third of the population fully vaccinated.

Was referring to your: "I don't think it's a question of small dips and huge spikes anymore"

Government is already mentally preparing us for a spike back up to 30.000...

37 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Just look to the facts and not the conspiracy theories it leads in only one true direction. 

Right. You never watched the video then, as it was rich in facts, from the American government? A pity, but then there are none so blind that they will not see. No conspiracy involved.

Have a lovely evening.

Watched it, don't believe it. Even the Chinese say it started in Wuhan although the location is still in doubt. I also remember the Chinese trying to pass the buck by saying it started in Thailand, something else I don't believe.

• Like 1

Do they mention how many cases of the Delta variant in those numbers? Where I am Delta is 80% of the cases and in the US Delta is in full force as well. If Delta isn't as rampant in Thailand, it soon will be and the cases will spike again especially with low vaccination rates. We were recently told in Canada that because of Delta we need a 90% vaccination to lower increase of cases and lower cases in hospitals.

Edited by Bubbleboy
  • Like 1

And Phuket has now officially removed (starting on the 8.) the need for domestic tourists to get testet after 5 days!

THAT is the plan, to protect the sandbox-scam?

Edited by Guest1
  • Like 2

Nobody care about where it was coming from. It's matters as much as where modern humans originated from, only so your average Jeffery can make a point. Or have the US start another war.

Interesting timeline in that china propaganda video though. Maybe in 10 years we'll know the truth. We'll see. 

Edited by Ynwaps

No spiking as of yet. If the lockdown measures were effective the numbers should have gone up but they did not. Meaning the lockdown was totally unnecessary.

13 hours ago, Thaiger said:

187 coronavirus-related deaths and 13,988 new Covid-19 infections were reported today by Thailand’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration. In the 24-hour period since the last count, the CCSA has recorded 17,284 recoveries. There are now 148,622 patients being treated for Covid-19. The number of active cases has been on a downward slope over the past several weeks. In the latest and most severe wave of the virus in Thailand, the CCSA has recorded a total of 1,265,659 confirmed Covid-19 cases. Out of the new cases reported today, 444 were found in correctional facilities. More than 40,000 inmates at Thailand’s overcrowded prisons and […]

The post Monday Covid Update: 187 deaths and 13,988 new cases appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The CDC in the United States estimates that 80% of population has some immunity. Yet, we are still seeing 100k new cases per day. Herd immunity doesn't mean anything if they continue to make decisions based on cases. The focus should be on treatment and preventing deaths. 

https://www.cbs46.com/more-than-80-of-americans-have-some-immunity-to-coronavirus-blood-survey-finds/article_7ddbe6eb-c081-51b0-98c0-4f6fcfa5d6c3.html?block_id=688887

4 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

No spiking as of yet. If the lockdown measures were effective the numbers should have gone up but they did not. Meaning the lockdown was totally unnecessary.

Jesus, give it time. The lockdown has only recently ended 

54 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

And Phuket has now officially removed (starting on the 8.) the need for domestic tourists to get testet after 5 days!

THAT is the plan, to protect the sandbox-scam?

It's difficult to admit you got it wrong. The Pm has placed so much spin on it and massaged the figures, it has become embarrassing.

8 hours ago, SSimpson said:

Thailand "passed its peak"? Passed to who? Oh, you mean past! Where do you get these journalists? I see a few are from the US. No need to publish this comment, I'm just making a point, as your standards leave a lot to be the moderators desired. Maybe that's not your fault, as literacy is thin on the ground.

Shane.

Thaiger love to be PC, don't like rocking the boat or being an individual.

15 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Agreed.

Only the death toll is less too, which usually happens on Mondays. Let's see how it goes this week.

Tuesday:

Don't want to say "I told you so", but deaths are up to 241 today. Looks like it was the "Monday" dip.

Thailand is stuck with their supply of the Chinese Sinovac vaccine which is ineffective against the Delta variant that they are now mixing doses: 1st dose Sinovac, 2nd dose Astrazeneca, Pfizer, Moderna when available.

To believe Thailand has passed its peak is laughable  For example August 28(available data is laggin behind in TH) for every 3 tests there was one posivitive  on the same day in Australia where another wave is ongoing  234 test per one positive.  The Thai government control strategy seems to be don't test and numbers will fall.

Thailand "passed its peak" of what? Testing? Mass-hysteria? Number of "coronavirus related deaths" (which by todays standard, may mean anything from the number of traffic and cancer deaths combined that has been PCR tested after death incurred.) 

Are hospitals in Thailand also being paid for every "coronavirus related death" they can produce, as it's the he case in the States?

2 minutes ago, ThomasG said:

Thailand "passed its peak" of what? Testing? Mass-hysteria? Number of "coronavirus related deaths" (which by todays standard, may mean anything from the number of traffic and cancer deaths combined that has been PCR tested after death incurred.) 

Are hospitals in Thailand also being paid for every "coronavirus related death" they can produce, as it's the he case in the States?

Death toll has gone up again by 20% since yesterday. That was only the Monday "dip".

This isn't over yet and the government is already preparing us for a huge spike in numbers to 30.000 after the ease restrictions. So let's hope they keep postponing until a significant part of the population has been vaccinated.

13 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Death toll has gone up again by 20% since yesterday. That was only the Monday "dip".

This isn't over yet and the government is already preparing us for a huge spike in numbers to 30.000 after the ease restrictions. So let's hope they keep postponing until a significant part of the population has been vaccinated.

20% sounds horrific, 50 people doesn't. Sad but true. How old were these people, what was wrong with them? It's all relevant. 

15 hours ago, Bubbleboy said:

Do they mention how many cases of the Delta variant in those numbers? Where I am Delta is 80% of the cases and in the US Delta is in full force as well. If Delta isn't as rampant in Thailand, it soon will be and the cases will spike again especially with low vaccination rates. We were recently told in Canada that because of Delta we need a 90% vaccination to lower increase of cases and lower cases in hospitals.

They used to - I think it's now taken for granted.

I see a lot of dissapointed posters.   It really doesn't fit the deadly virus narrative that they argure but opening up the economy is what is needed for the Thai people.  It's easy to talk vaccinate, isolate, shut down when you have food in your belly.

• Like 1