News Forum - 8.5 million antigen test kits to be distributed through 2 channels next week

Thaiger

The free distribution of 8.5 million rapid antigen tests kits for home use for target groups should start on September 15. PM Prayut Chan-o-cha ordered the Ministry of Public Health and the National Health Security office to be ready for the distribution The NHSO, via Vajira Hospital and the Government Pharmaceutical Organisation, funded the obtainment of the ATKs, valued at about 600 million baht. The deal had previously been signed between the GPO and their supplier, the World Medical Alliance Thailand, to obtain the ATK’s from China’s Beijing Lepu Medical Technology Government Deputy Spokesperson Traisuree Traisoranakul says that the tests […]

The post 8.5 million antigen test kits to be distributed through 2 channels next week appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

FYI the test kit I bought at Boots did not have instructions in English and none on the manufacturers website. 

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

30 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

FYI the test kit I bought at Boots did not have instructions in English and none on the manufacturers website. 

What language were the instructions in? 

"The Government Pharmaceutical Organisation now plans on conducting quality testing on the kits made by Lepu Medical Technology with the help of Ramathibodi Hospital to reassure people of their accuracy."

Well, now, that could take some time now, couldn't it?  And what happens when they discover that other countries were correct in having the product yanked from their markets?

Will the Thai government pass them off as "effective" as they tried with Sinovac?  Is this "anything to fill the pockets" of their puppet masters in Red China?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

"The Government Pharmaceutical Organisation now plans on conducting quality testing on the kits made by Lepu Medical Technology with the help of Ramathibodi Hospital to reassure people of their accuracy."

Well, now, that could take some time now, couldn't it?  And what happens when they discover that other countries were correct in having the product yanked from their markets?

Will the Thai government pass them off as "effective" as they tried with Sinovac?  Is this "anything to fill the pockets" of their puppet masters in Red China?

Another money maker for the land of scams! I'm usually not this down on Thailand !

Never let a crisis go to waste !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

Did you put the sampling probe in the right place?

Tip.

You don't need to remove your trousers.

😜

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:
3 hours ago, Guevara said:

What language were the instructions in? 

Thai

Perhaps Braille would be more appropriate - the blind leading the blind.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, riclag said:

I'm usually not this down on Thailand !

Nor am I, but the entire Covid, vaccination, Litterbox, lockdown, testing kit fiascos have shown me an incompetence that I only ever had in nightmares.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Seems ironic of an English Chemist's shop.

I noticed a year ago, the Boots own brand fabric plasters have disappeared, to be replaced by an inferior Thai branded 'Tigerplast'  coming from 'Pharmacare Limited' in Bangkok. By the company name format it's not a Thai company, so I wonder where they're from?

It can't be from Atlantis, as the fabric plasters come loose the first time you have a shower wearing one.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The free distribution of 8.5 million rapid antigen tests kits for home use for target groups should start on September 15.

Well they should be expecting either;

a. In increase in the daily Covid numbers by a huge amount, or

b. An increase of sales of Covid test kits on Lazada.

4 hours ago, MrStretch said:

Yes, sometimes we forget the age of people here. Remember to be respectful of people over 70 years of age.

Have a pleasant evening.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Faraday said:

Did you put the sampling probe in the right place?

Tip.

You don't need to remove your trousers.

😜

its too late for me. try to save yourselves. 

• Haha 2