News Forum - Over 7,000 travellers fly following easing of restrictions

Thaiger

The Transport Ministry says thousands of travellers took to the nation’s airports to fly since the government eased lockdown measures. The ministry says that more than 7,000 flyers travelled using 14 reopened airports across 130 flights throughout the nation following the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration’s easing of the national lockdown that took place last week. The ministry went on to say that of the flyers, more than 2,000 Thais sat on 14 flights through 7 airports under the Department of Airports while nearly 4,500 flyers went through 6 airports under the Airports of Thailand. Exact figures were not provided. […]

The post Over 7,000 travellers fly following easing of restrictions appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"Thanee says the new daily cases has climbed from 2 to 200 and that Phuket plans to reopen for Thai visitors on September 8."

They're waiting for it to become 500 first...

• Like 1

7000 People traveling and counting..., statistically between 30% and 59% of transmission are from asymptomatic carriers regardless of vaccination. Nice prospect for the unvaccinated residents of areas where these 7000 travel to.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

7000 People traveling and counting.

Least we can believe these figures as they were not given to us by the TAT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Least we can believe these figures as they were not given to us by the TAT.

Haha, we might, if they hadn't said this themselves in the article:

"Exact figures were not provided"

The airlines lost a bucket load of money on such pitiful load factors. And this was the day when the most desperate people were able to fly. Just wait a few days and look at the figures then and very soon you will see schedule cutbacks.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

"Exact figures were not provided"

Still, you would never wet a quote like this on a press release from the TAT. All figures from TAT are exact, hour to hour, week to week, month to month ……

Going to be watching CM very closely. Maybe time to stock up on food and things and be able to retreat when the clusters become linked as one big spread. Nothing good can come from this. 

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

The Transport Ministry says thousands of travellers took to the nation’s airports to fly since the government eased lockdown measures. The ministry says that more than 7,000 flyers travelled using 14 reopened airports across 130 flights throughout the nation following the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration’s easing of the national lockdown that took place last week. The ministry went on to say that of the flyers, more than 2,000 Thais sat on 14 flights through 7 airports under the Department of Airports while nearly 4,500 flyers went through 6 airports under the Airports of Thailand. Exact figures were not provided. […]

The post Over 7,000 travellers fly following easing of restrictions appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

No doubt based on how they count passenger numbers it was not more than 7000 flyers at all. As most are return flights it would mean 3500 flyers, what they are suggesting to puff out the numbers is the number of flights taken, not true numbers of flyers.

1 hour ago, Eddies said:

that they are considering banning passengers who do not wear proper face masks.

what is considered a proper face mask?

Just one of the thousand questions, raised by this restriction-easing. And your debut post, too . . . thanks for that!

Hello, Eddies and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.       https://thethaiger.com/forum-guidelines-and-rules

Happy posting

King Cotton

1 hour ago, Eddies said:

that they are considering banning passengers who do not wear proper face masks.

what is considered a proper face mask?

A proper face mask is a mask that fits your skin so that the air you breathe is filtered by the mask material.

The air should ideally NOT flow in from the sides that don't properly fit on the skin.

Now, there are very few masks that fully comply with this.

A mask that fits over nose and mouth with some gaps along the sides, will not filter, but still catches aerosol droplets. Those droplets (for example from other people sneezing or coughing) contain the highest virus-loads.

Compare wearing an apron when cooking. The apron catches the splashes. Your clothes still smell, but the apron catches most of the dirt.

The airlines are not prescribing a certain mask. They just want one to reasonably cover nose and mouth.

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

A proper face mask is a mask that fits your skin so that the air you breathe is filtered by the mask material.

The air should ideally NOT flow in from the sides that don't properly fit on the skin.

A mask that fits over nose and mouth with some gaps along the sides, will not filter, but still catches aerosol droplets. Those droplets (for example from other people sneezing or coughing) contain the highest virus-loads.

Compare wearing an apron when cooking. The apron catches the splashes. Your clothes still smell, but the apron catches most of the dirt.

The airlines are not prescribing a certain mask. They just want one to reasonably cover nose and mouth.

I think it's very probably:

3-ply / 94 / 95 masks = good

lycra / cloth / fashion masks = bad

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I think it's very probably:

3-ply / 94 / 95 masks = good

lycra / cloth / fashion masks = bad

6 plastic bags seem to keep out the virus too...

(and the Oxygen unfortunately)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bob20 said:

The ones with air valves are the ones that make me smile. I’ve even seen high ranking medical officials wearing them in various countries from time to time. They do little to reduce the aerosol droplets that leaves the mouth and nose of the person wearing the mask. 

Then  you have the people with their masks but wearing them below the nose, above the chin or under the chin. You have to wonder the mentality of such people. 

DF9F578D-B3B5-4D8B-9DDF-FB2CECEFDC48.webp

FEFCC3A0-4E9D-492E-8BA9-532E2F8EEE09.png

7 minutes ago, Soidog said:

The ones with air valves are the ones that make me smile. I’ve even seen high ranking medical officials wearing them in various countries from time to time. They do little to reduce the aerosol droplets that leaves the mouth and nose of the person wearing the mask. 

Then  you have the people with their masks but wearing them below the nose, above the chin or under the chin. You have to wonder the mentality of such people. 

DF9F578D-B3B5-4D8B-9DDF-FB2CECEFDC48.webp

FEFCC3A0-4E9D-492E-8BA9-532E2F8EEE09.png

They breathe around the corner 😉

Would they let you wear this onboard?

https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/4497-respiray-only-1kg-🙄/

• Haha 1

Tell me professor, what is the longevity of an appropriate mask and how does one combat cross contamination between mask, hand etc. I've forgotten since I did my Op Theatre placement.

Edited by King Cotton
Quarrelsome content deleted. Member PM'd
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Guevara said:

Tell me professor, what is the longevity of an appropriate mask and how does one combat cross contamination between mask, hand etc. I've forgotten since I did my Op Theatre placement.

Sorry, who's that aimed at or are you just having a general flail at everyone?

@StonkerThe 'flailing' content in @Guevara's post has been deleted and they have been 'friendly' PM'd.

Edited by King Cotton
Quarrelsome text of the quoted post deleted.

32 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Sorry, who's that aimed at or are you just having a general flail at everyone?

It doesn't matter who it's aimed at, but thanks for quoting it, as that's the only way I can see blocked content 🥴

I guess he wants to restart the familiar argument about reusing masks, wearing them inside out, touching them, using them too long etc. thereby causing or accumulating viral, fungal and bacterial contamination. Same as he presumably uses condoms both multiple times and inside out 🤭

It has escaped him that it's not about being 100% safe, but about reducing risk and it seems he's forgotten more than just facts about avoiding cross-contamination.

Good enough for another 10 "sad" clicks nurse G? 🤣

17 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Going to be watching CM very closely. Maybe time to stock up on food and things and be able to retreat when the clusters become linked as one big spread. Nothing good can come from this. 

I may be the first in line to get back in..but im double vaxxed.....

15 hours ago, BIGGLES said:

"Exact figures were not provided". Says it all.

If you put a turd in a Channel bottle, it still smells like a turd.

I used to put my sangsom in johnny walker bottles to impress the ladies..just couldnt share any of it!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Bob20 said:

And anyone, who is using these, is adding actively a side leakage to the "surgical" or cloth face masks. 

000.jpg

15 hours ago, Soidog said:

They are just not looking to protect YOU or others.

They are just trying to protect themselves with a best fitting mask and as less breathing resistance, as possible.

Which in a world of vaccinated people should be ok, I think!

Btw, often these "valves" are not even working, b/c the pressure to open that valve would lift the sides of the mask, first!

42 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

They are just not looking to protect YOU or others.

They are just trying to protect themselves with a best fitting mask and as less breathing resistance, as possible.

Which in a world of vaccinated people should be ok, I think!

Btw, often these "valves" are not even working, b/c the pressure to open that valve would lift the sides of the mask, first!

Maybe simply a plastic bag over the head would solve the problem, Thai police could distribute them free 😐