News Forum - Chinese Embassy condemns those disparaging Sinovac vaccine

Thaiger

3 hours ago, thai3 said:

Or worst, they are saying their virus is a bio weapon from the USA, most Chinese will accept this outrageous lie

Oh God, not Winston Sterzel, alias SerpentZA. Can't you do better than that?

4 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Sounds like a topic for a new section:

CCPCC

(Chinese Communist Party Conspiracy Corner).

It sounds like paraphrenia corner or xenophobia.

• Angry 1

5 hours ago, Soidog said:

We should all start to get use to this kind of thing happening. China, for a number of years now, has been ramping up its campaign to stop anti-Chinese information. It is a deliberate and growing action on the part of the Chinese government. The BBC recently aired a program which is available on the BBC iPlayer called China’s Secret Weapon. There have been some well documented examples of the lengths to which China is now going to continually challenge and pressurise institutions and governments against anything seen as anti-Chinese. Make no mistake, this is a new form of Cold War instigated by President Xi and is part of a much larger propaganda movement which includes deeper indoctrination of Children, a clamp down on human rights and an aggressive challenge to governments who don’t fall in to line. A country like Thailand will be high on the list of countries which can easily be told what to do.
All of this is being done in parallel with greater financial clout and a massive build up of military capability. 

Meanwhile, Western democracies with their limited 5 year, short sighted government structures,  populations more concerned about which Pronouns they wish to be referred by, having the correct ethnic mix in boardrooms and pulling down historical statues for fear of offending someone, are sleepwalking in to disaster. 

It's been coming a long time Soidog. Now with Google/FB/WhatsApp etc. banned and blocked, most people can't get any truths or even different opinions from the web and it's full-on automatic indoctrination.

I can't even contact old friends unless using WeChat, which is surveilled and censored. Censoring centres with 50.000-100.000 workers are normal now. And with plenty of street surveillance, face recognition and looking into everybody's phone it's real life "1984". Not even speaking about their social credit system to control even the ones who have some small power.

Now they've started to take away power from large companies and individuals to increase the gap between the government and the people even further.

I worry it's too late to counter it. Just like climate and every other big topic, opinions and interests are too diverse in the west to organise resistance to this. The economic sanctions are laughable and immediately reciprocated. This is where an all powerful central government with a huge population, filling the coffers and populating the army, can exert its power.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bob20 said:

It's been coming a long time Soidog. Now with Google/FB/WhatsApp etc. banned and blocked, most people can't get any truths or even different opinions from the web and it's full-on automatic indoctrination.

I can't even contact old friends unless using WeChat, which is surveilled and censored. Censoring centres with 50.000-100.000 workers are normal now. And with plenty of street surveillance, face recognition and looking into everybody's phone it's real life "1984". Not even speaking about their social credit system to control even the ones who have some small power.

Now they've started to take away power from large companies and individuals to increase the gap between the government and the people even further.

I worry it's too late to counter it. Just like climate and every other big topic, opinions and interests are too diverse in the west to organise resistance to this. The economic sanctions are laughable and immediately reciprocated. This is where an all powerful central government with a huge population, filling the coffers and populating the army, can exert its power.

I agree @Bob20. Some in the West may be waking up to the real threat China poses, but I fear there is nothing the West or countries like Russia can do to counter this. I listen to news reports and the typical comments made by Western leaders denouncing certain Chinese actions. This leads me to conclude those leaders simply do not get it and still hold on to a falsehood that being an open and inclusive society will eventually win the day. I’m afraid with China it has never worked. It isn’t working now, and it won’t work in the future. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/4/2021 at 10:00 AM, Thaiger said:

The Chinese Embassy in Bangkok lashed out at those who have bad-mouthed the Sinovac vaccine and Chinese goodwill towards Thailand. In a post on Facebook yesterday, the spokesman for the embassy said that organizations and individuals in Thailand trying to discredit the vaccine are doing so without a scientific basis. The post implied that these detractors should feel some gratitude that China kept a constant supply of vaccines to Thailand despite China’s own need for vaccines with demand outpacing production. The post paints China as a supporting partner to Thailand in the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic. “Every dose of […]

The post Chinese Embassy condemns those disparaging Sinovac vaccine appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Dear China,

If you are going to be on the internet, you'll need to have thicker skin. Otherwise, don't read comments.

Beware Chinese bearing gifts goes the old saying..

The thais should certainly be careful of their Overlords they fawn over,

esp since they tried to blame chinese tourists on the boat fatalities down south..

That went over like a fart in church......so goes the useless battles of saving face in Asia...