News Forum - Thitisan refutes murder, argues for assault charges instead

Thaiger

Thitisan “Jo Ferrari” Utthanaphon, along with the other 6 police in custody now for the fatal torture of a 25 year old drug suspect, denies the charges against him and is now claiming he merely assaulted the man which led to his death. Thitisan’s lawyer met with him at Phitsanulok prison last week and dispelled rumours that his client suffered from bipolar disorder, confirming that he was mentally sound. The lawyer and his legal team do not plan to use any defence involving Thitisan’s mental stability after questions were raised regarding the possibility of bipolar disorder or similar affliction when […]

The post Thitisan refutes murder, argues for assault charges instead appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Oh here we go, let's see if the get out jail card works (brown envelopes already distributed), if that doesn't work let's try and show insanity.  555

When will Justice every be served in Thailand to people who are blatantly guilty.

This just stinks of another Red Bull farce.

• Like 7

Assault  if the guy had lived but he's DEAD after an extortion attempt while he was being tortured. It's not up to him to refute charges, he can do that in court after he should have been charged with several offences, including MURDER

Maybe he will get 3 years and get released early after six months for time served before conviction and for good behavior and some of his cars find new owners in the justice system.

If this Phuket News report has gone worldwide, via Reuters, CNN, etc, I wonder what, if any, effect this sort of 'Terrible Thailand' news has on the PM's psyche.

The first thing that sadly comes to my mind is that he'd just do his normal rhetorical act . . . 'Mai pen rai', more than likely . . . 'It'll soon disappear under the 'official' carpet'.

• Like 3

Dancbmac he won't even serve jail time even though he was videoed doing it it will be spun that it was actually not him doing the Taping a fall guy will be used as a stool pigeon. 

Edited by vlad
  • Like 3

Interesting, -Thitisan refutes murder, argues for assault charges instead- thinking about the "confess, or you get full time"-rule, here, I think:

The verdict is already set!

14 minutes ago, Dancbmac said:

Maybe he will get 3 years and get released early after six months for time served before conviction and for good behavior and some of his cars find new owners in the justice system.

Don't forget, it was reported, that he had hundred of millions in cash "laying around", in his mansion. that are lots of reasons, to set him free

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Don't forget, it was reported, that he had hundred of millions in cash "laying around", in his mansion. that are lots of reasons, to set him free

Done deal I do think !!!

• Like 1

That bs lame excuse for murder might just work being that the police institution in charge of the investigation is as corrupt as the officers charged with the crime ! 

13 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Interesting, -Thitisan refutes murder, argues for assault charges instead- thinking about the "confess, or you get full time"-rule, here, I think:

The verdict is already set!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Thitisan “Jo Ferrari” Utthanaphon, along with the other 6 police in custody now for the fatal torture of a 25 year old drug suspect, denies the charges against him and is now claiming he merely assaulted the man which led to his death.

Sponsored by Red Bull.

2 hours ago, Dancbmac said:

Or suspended sentence because he's a good guy 

THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD REMAIN SILENT

After hearing his lawyers argument it’s a bit different reason now?

Tightening one plastic bag over someone’s head & tightening it can result in death?

He said he wanted him to tell where the other drugs were hidden?

How can anyone communicate if 6 Plastic bags have been placed over your head?

His defence of I did not want him to see me ?

Also falls short?

As he had already seen him when the the murder began?

Also could of stood behind him ?

Sorry none of these excuses, cuts it with most people ?

In a western society this is just downright murder of 1st degree!

And also his cover up proves he knows it was unlawful?

I would also think 🤔 that he & others should be investigated if this had not happened before?

As this seems to be a routine excuse by these men!

Any CCTV record or past witnesses or any other Hospital reports that have been told what to write as cause of death?

This man seems sinister?

Not only did he murder the man?

He is now telling us it was just mere assault, which also shows what type of character this gruesome man has?

regards 
spice61

• Like 5

At what point does it become premeditated murder?  But it was only six bags your Honor , I had no intention of killing him.  I suspect this isn't the first time bags were used to induce a confession.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Sad thing about this is, police knew what they were doing, six bags, not one but six, murder nothing short of murder.

Just think how many times here we read, police have caught a criminal, within hours or sometimes even minutes the criminal confesses, ever wonder why?

Clearly  it is common practice here to use torture to quickly obtain a confession.

• Like 2

omg, come up with more excuses i am sure even if he gets convicted, he probably will get a free jail card after a while like many... why are his assets/money not frozen.

This case is a done deal corrupt, murdered and liar. what you need more Thailand.... (bribes probably)

He was man enough to slaughter someone with SIX (6) bags around his head, not mean enough to admit and defeat... just a chicken , coward... i think 15 years is a low amount for the thai law system.... should be for life! or fire squad, the guy is a waste of space.

Edited by Paco
  • Cool 1

7 hours ago, Oceanbroker1 said:

Any 7 years old will tell you that a person is dead. Assault isn't a choice.

Fair comment but, of course . . . this is Thailand!  And your debut post, too, so thanks for that!

Hello, Oceanbroker1 and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.       https://thethaiger.com/forum-guidelines-and-rules

Happy posting

King Cotton

10 hours ago, Dancbmac said:

SIX MONTHS, more like time served, this man has great future ahead of him in politics, isn't that where convicted criminals graduate to in Thailand?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 2

I guess ultimately it comes down to how much dirt he has on his superiors as to the outcome. You're not going to be able to racketeer to that level without being a significant player in RTP mafia.

13 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Thitisan “Jo Ferrari” Utthanaphon, along with the other 6 police in custody now for the fatal torture of a 25 year old drug suspect, denies the charges against him and is now claiming he merely assaulted the man which led to his death. Thitisan’s lawyer met with him at Phitsanulok prison last week and dispelled rumours that his client suffered from bipolar disorder, confirming that he was mentally sound. The lawyer and his legal team do not plan to use any defence involving Thitisan’s mental stability after questions were raised regarding the possibility of bipolar disorder or similar affliction when […]

The post Thitisan refutes murder, argues for assault charges instead appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Sure we all know he put 6 plastic bags over his head for rain protection.

It may be difficult to prove the necessary intent, even recklessness, to kill, as he will say why would I kill him and stop him paying the bribe. Manslaughter is much easier to prove and with the evidence of the CCTV, the unlawful conduct of the torture and his position as a senior law enforcement officer, I would think his sentence would be at the highest level ie 15 years, rather than the lower level. But that depends on the attitude and independence of the judiciary.

He just put 6 plastic bags over his head with his hands tied behind his back, but never thought that could lead to his death ??? It is a crazy world and obviously the Thai judicial system does reflect that perfectly. Ridiculous beyond words. If the Thai judicial system wants to save face then maybe this sadist should be Epsteined.