News Forum - Phuket Covid-19 passes 5,000 infections, bed occupancy up 5%

Thaiger

12 hours ago, Bubbleboy said:

I don't think opening up the 'Phuket Sandbox' was a good idea looking at where it is now. Opening up to domestic tourists come Oct. seems like a trainwreck waiting to happen. I understand they rely on tourism for improving the economy, but until how many more end up in hospital? I am a bit at a loss. 

The forces that be screwed that all up mostly because they didn't properly take precautions with migrant workers.

Petri Phuket should of learned from the BKK construction site super spreader debacle!

All water under the bridge! The virus that was discovered in China is here to stay

I thought opening up Phuket was a experiment !It was worth finding out about how Govt. was gonna handle a location separate from the main land. 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

14 hours ago, JamesR said:

I agree with everything you said, but a lot of people can not wait it out in Thailand, they have to mix with other people in order to work and pay for food for their kids, it is not like the UK where people have been paid almost full salary to stay at home for the last year.

The problem is they ordered the vaccines far too late and are now at the end of the queue, it will be like this for the next year while people are waiting to be vaccinated. 

My thoughts, about this, are: Since the developed countries are having more and more trouble, to get the ordered vaccines in the people, even trying it with a third shot, now, there are assumingly more and more vaccines as gifts available! In my mind that seems to fit the expectations of a lot of countries, who have money for Submarines, tanks, warships, but can't afford even the cheap (AZ) vaccines for there population.

• Cool 1

12 hours ago, Bubbleboy said:

I don't think opening up the 'Phuket Sandbox' was a good idea looking at where it is now. Opening up to domestic tourists come Oct. seems like a trainwreck waiting to happen. I understand they rely on tourism for improving the economy, but until how many more end up in hospital? I am a bit at a loss. 

The problem is not the opening, the problem is that they open Phuket for domestic traveller with NO sandbox!

International arrivals test before departure, test on arrival, needing a special hotel, test on 6 or 7 day, test on day 13: So far not 100 testet positive from 30k or such.

Domestic traveller "test" before departure, don't get testet on arrival, can rent a room where they want, even stay with friends, not get tested if leavin' before day 10, only get testet ONCE after 5 or 6 das, if announced that they wanna stay longer as 9 nights. My guess: That will keep the positive domestic traveller numbers down. Just the "local cases" may go up "a bit".

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Guest1 said:

My thoughts, about this, are: Since the developed countries are having more and more trouble, to get the ordered vaccines in the people, even trying it with a third shot, now, there are assumingly more and more vaccines as gifts available! In my mind that seems to fit the expectations of a lot of countries, who have money for Submarines, tanks, warships, but can't afford even the cheap (AZ) vaccines for there population.

It looks like a third shot is being recommended here in the West so I suppose we have to keep hanging on to what we have just incase.

10 hours ago, riclag said:

I don't know about that!

I put off my vacation for fear of being stuck in a Q room and spending money for tests ,etc ! And don't forget there are many establishments that are closed and many have restrictions.

If I'm gonna blow 150k,I want all of the onion

I am the same, I have been available to go to Phuket since July this year for six a month stay but I have been putting it off as there is no point as things will become worse and I do not want to go into local lockdown in Phuket as happened to me for five months last year before the airports opened and I could escape.

• Like 1