News Forum - AstraZeneca-Pfizer mixed vaccination to debut in October

Thaiger

3 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Guess which country will be done with Covid first by 11 October? 😂

Have you checked just how many tests Germany have undertaken? Not exactly mass testing. 

We're not making cocktails here! While doing so should be confined to clinical trials only. In my own case I received AZ first because it was recommended for my age group (50+). Then the advice changed because of my age group and Pfizer was recommended. I had no adverse reactions to AZ and had my second dose two weeks ago. Again, no adverse reactions. Each vaccine was devised to be used in the way it was formulated. I think it's wise to keep to that.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

We're not making cocktails here! While doing so should be confined to clinical trials only. In my own case I received AZ first because it was recommended for my age group (50+). Then the advice changed because of my age group and Pfizer was recommended. I had no adverse reactions to AZ and had my second dose two weeks ago. Again, no adverse reactions. Each vaccine was devised to be used in the way it was formulated. I think it's wise to keep to that.

I agree with most of what you say but clinical trials (which I am currently directly involved in) are undertaken for a reason and are purely voluntary. The Bio Scientists are not attempting to re invent the wheel. What they have proven so far is that 2 jabs of one Vaccs can be augmented by the use of an alternative vaccine, something they have done for years with flu vaccines. These Bio Scientists are working their nuts off to develop what will enhance the quality of life for anyone and everyone.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

Let that sink in, if you took the vaccine to regain your 'freedom to travel'...

It may come as a shock, but most getting vaccinated do so to avoid getting sick or dying.

If all you want is a bit of paper to give you "freedom to travel" you can probably buy one in Khaosan Road.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Paco said:

invention of Thailand and then making claims they get not proof at all. give that mix to your mother government, not to me

as said if on 17 September my second shot is not the promised Pfizer, i skip that shot, do what you promise and start buying vaccines the PEOPLE want and feel more sure with

6 hours ago, stuhan said:

One important step i had to make was do i have the vaccine or not, this was due to all i read online for,against,health issues,side effects. deaths, pro's and cons. I decided to have the vaccine but not to mix vaccines until they have more time to show their safety with mixing them. So i had my 1st pfizer jab 11 days ago, 2nd is on the 14th and states pfizer for 2nd jab on my app card. I will not accept another vaccine only pfizer as my 2nd jab as it strongly states on pfizers web site 2nd dose must BE PFIZER ONLY. I go along with that statement, i won't mix my 2nd jab, no matter what they tell me at this time. If i see an independant report from pfizer saying another vaccine is safe to use for your 2nd dose then i will accept but only if said by pfizer themselves.

6 hours ago, SteveM said:

The article says "from October." So, those of us scheduled for 2nd dose of Pfizer this month should be OK, right? I'm not worried about it. Relax. I think it will mostly be Thais that will be getting this mix.

@Paco, you're suggesting a plan / possibility / proposal to change a second dose of Pfizer to something else, which others are rightly concerned about.

That is NOT the plan or what's proposed, nor what's reported here, which is the complete opposite - namely to change a second dose of something else (Sinovac or AZ) to Pfizer.

Your post is totally unwarranted scare-mongering and the reverse of what's planned / proposed.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Malc-Thai said:

not being funny but where did Thailand get enough amounts of AstraZeneca and Pfizer to perform trials for this research!  

The statistical results were said to have been carried out by the TAT, using same statistical analysis that the use to provide us with monthly and yearly tourism prognosis.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Stonker said:

It may come as a shock, but most getting vaccinated do so to avoid getting sick or dying.

If all you want is a bit of paper to give you "freedom to travel" you can probably buy one in Khaosan Road.

It clearly shows that you and I are living in separate worlds (boy am I glad for that), because the large majority of the people I know that took the jab only took it for the 'regained freedom' (broken) promise.  But thanks for the KhaoSan Road tip.  If I need the vax paper before going on my international Kill Granny spree, I will get it there. 😉

29 minutes ago, Guevara said:

These Bio Scientists are working their nuts off to develop what will enhance the quality of life for anyone and everyone.

So the female scientists are just kicking back and relaxing watching soap opera’s on the box. Maybe even a bit of YouTube.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Guevara said:

Have you checked just how many tests Germany have undertaken? Not exactly mass testing. 

People were scared when Germany carried out mass testing in the 40’s, especially the Israelies.

10 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

So the female scientists are just kicking back and relaxing watching soap opera’s on the box. Maybe even a bit of YouTube.

Ha ha, I wasn't talking literally, my terminology was a generic metaphorical term, nothing to do with gender or genitalia.

56 minutes ago, Stonker said:

@Paco, you're suggesting a plan / possibility / proposal to change a second dose of Pfizer to something else, which others are rightly concerned about.

That is NOT the plan or what's proposed, nor what's reported here, which is the complete opposite - namely to change a second dose of something else (Sinovac or AZ) to Pfizer.

Your post is totally unwarranted scare-mongering and the reverse of what's planned / proposed.

Maybe I wrote it wrong but in another post they already said people came for Pfizer and they did not had any, I only stated I will not accept any other vaccine then Pfizer, how people want to take that comment is their way of reading it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paco said:

Maybe I wrote it wrong but in another post they already said people came for Pfizer and they did not had any, I only stated I will not accept any other vaccine then Pfizer, how people want to take that comment is their way of reading it

No, that was from a different article based on an e-mail allegedly sent to Thaiger by "someone" who not only hadn't had an appointment but who just turned up, thought there were too many people so the vaccines would run out, then left without even waiting to find out if they could be vaccinated or not, and then whinged about it.

Fortunately a number of people who had been there and who waited a short time, who all got vaccinated with Pfizer, were able to trash the alleged "report" as untrue and  unwarranted and unjustified scare-mongering.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

3 hours ago, Guevara said:

Have you checked just how many tests Germany have undertaken? Not exactly mass testing. 

Well, I have, but apparently you haven't. 

See attachment for details.

Try to at least know what you're talking about. People who are interested in the topic can do without empty statements 

data.xlsx

Excuse me being thick but why mix these two vaccines. They are both accepted as fit for purpose unlike the Sinovac.

If you have 10 million astrazeneca and 10 million pfizer doses why mix?,,,, Do 5million people with double doses of each and end result is 10 million fully vaccinated.

Or being suspicious are they going to continue giving Sinovac and supporting it with 2nd jag of astrazeneca or pfizer.. Hmmmmm

they gonna rebrand this cocktail as the chula smoothie,l doubt they mix prifzer with az ? why would they ? most probably a disguise for the abundance supply of sinovac

3 hours ago, Jannot said:

Excuse me being thick but why mix these two vaccines. They are both accepted as fit for purpose unlike the Sinovac.

If you have 10 million astrazeneca and 10 million pfizer doses why mix?,,,, Do 5million people with double doses of each and end result is 10 million fully vaccinated.

Or being suspicious are they going to continue giving Sinovac and supporting it with 2nd jag of astrazeneca or pfizer.. Hmmmmm

The idea behind it is that these vaccines work differently as they have different pathways in the body. Thus that the combination may be more effective than a single type. 

But you don't dream this up on a Saturday afternoon because it seems like a good plan (or because you have shortage of one or the other).

You need to research it in depth first, and not already experiment on your population to see if the plan works!

(research has started. it looks promising, but not enough data are available yet to prove that it's better. the only thing we know already is that there are more light and medium side-effects)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jannot said:

One would think that if they mandate and force the mix then whomever is in Thailand will always be dependent on AZ Thailand when they clean up their export agreements. It may be a matter of protecting? 

Sinovac they will find a way to keep working that into the program as this lines pockets.

13 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

One would think that if they mandate and force the mix then whomever is in Thailand will always be dependent on AZ Thailand when they clean up their export agreements. It may be a matter of protecting? 

Sinovac they will find a way to keep working that into the program as this lines pockets.

Sinovac will no doubt be available "off the shelf" in all 7/11s, Lotusessss and Macros next year given who holds a 15% shareholding.

25 minutes ago, gummy said:

Sinovac will no doubt be available "off the shelf" in all 7/11s, Lotusessss and Macros next year given who holds a 15% shareholding.

I would not even bet against that one. I think it is Pfizer who is already looking into a pill form you would take daily or something like that, and the copy cats will come out of the wood works. Watch them come out with vitamin and Sinovac laced drinks.

• Cool 1

8 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I would not even bet against that one. I think it is Pfizer who is already looking into a pill form you would take daily or something like that, and the copy cats will come out of the wood works. Watch them come out with vitamin and Sinovac laced drinks.

And a free Sinovac pill with every McDonalds happy meal 

• Haha 1

On 9/3/2021 at 6:24 PM, DiggR said:

Nice catch Bob, I noted the herd immunity reference but the article referenced is 2 months old and things have evolved. Although there may still be a chance for elephant herd immunity in Thailand. 

No, there is more and more evidence, that there will be no herd immunity at whatever percentage of vaccinated people. But this is not such a bad news, as it sounds. After everyone is vaccinated or Had been already infected, this virus will be another ty of a cold - maybe a full year cold, maybe much more infectious. But even then people will have some kind of sterile immunity after infection for some weeks or months. I don't worry about that. The critical time is the time to achieve the point, when everyone had been infected or vaccinated. 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Bernhard said:

No, there is more and more evidence, that there will be no herd immunity at whatever percentage of vaccinated people. But this is not such a bad news, as it sounds. After everyone is vaccinated or Had been already infected, this virus will be another ty of a cold - maybe a full year cold, maybe much more infectious. But even then people will have some kind of sterile immunity after infection for some weeks or months. I don't worry about that. The critical time is the time to achieve the point, when everyone had been infected or vaccinated. 

None of the current vaccines can accomplish this, so that's not going to happen. Developments are underway, but that's way off.

For the foreseeable future there will be no herd immunity and vaccination will have temporary effectiveness. Same for natural immunity after infection.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

47 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

None of the current vaccines can accomplish this, so that's not going to happen. Developments are underway, but that's way off.

For the foreseeable future there will be no herd immunity and vaccination will have temporary effectiveness. Same for natural immunity after infection.

Maybe in the future there will be vaccines, that are used as throat or nose sprays. Thailand is working on them and Astrazeneca has one in phase 2 or 3 studies (i think). This could cause a sterile immunity for some month. But as i have said: I am not so much worried about that pandemy, as long countries get population, their risk groups and other people to avoid long covid  vaccinated.  

• Like 1

I don't want to start a new topic, but some might be interested in this.

It's not just a new vaccination regime from October, but also the end for Sinovac.

Just as they told us it was brilliant 🙄

IMG_20210905_221002.jpg

On 9/5/2021 at 4:37 PM, Bernhard said:

Maybe in the future there will be vaccines, that are used as throat or nose sprays. Thailand is working on them and Astrazeneca has one in phase 2 or 3 studies (i think). This could cause a sterile immunity for some month. But as i have said: I am not so much worried about that pandemy, as long countries get population, their risk groups and other people to avoid long covid  vaccinated.  

Sorry, i have to say, that this info was not totally correct. An Indian company has used conventional Astrazeneca vaccine for nasal spray or dropping in a phase 1 study with some success. But there are now other studies in phase 2 with nasal spray even from this company, but without any information, what carrier virus is used and if it is from Astrazeneca