News Forum - Digital vaccine certificates available on MorProm app… If you can figure it out

Thaiger

Digital vaccine certificates for domestic travel in Thailand can be obtained through a mobile application run by the Ministry of Public Health… That is, if you can figure it out. To register on the MorProm application, you need a 13-digit ID number. For foreign residents, the number can be found on a “pink ID card” issued by the Labour Ministry, according to Ministry of Foreign Affairs Department of Information News Division director, Pensom Lertsithichai, who gives the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration report in English. For those who don’t have a “pink card,” Pensom says the 13-digit number can also be found […]

The post Digital vaccine certificates available on MorProm app… If you can figure it out appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I have a paper and digital vaccine certificate, the digital is verified, but it is from the US.  I got vaccinated while in Hawai’i on personal business and am retired here.  Will these certificates be honored in Thailand?

• Cool 1

36 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Digital vaccine certificates for domestic travel in Thailand can be obtained through a mobile application run by the Ministry of Public Health… That is, if you can figure it out. To register on the MorProm application, you need a 13-digit ID number.

Some info for those that did it in Chiang Mai using Wall of Chiang Mai as the ID number on your registration form. I downloaded the app from the Apple istore, and only required to input this 13 digit number plus my cell number. It texts me a validation number, and once I enter that it asks me to input a 6 digit (maybe letter) password and veryfy it. Enter and done. 

Never know when this will be a requirement in the future. So did it whilst I still have the info fresh in the memory.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

I managed to register on Mor Phrom app using the 13 digit number located under the bar code at the bottom right of my appointment slip. I presume that the digital certificate will be available after my second jab in October

Something that this app did educate me on is that the dose I received was not  called Pfizer but under the brand name Comirnaty.  

Pfizer/BioNTech COMIRNATY®, COVID-19 vaccine
https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/qa-comirnaty-covid-19-vaccine-mrna

Of interest is that if this is what the Thai Government is going to be vaccinating the school age children with, the information in the above link raises the eye. Though I suppose they will manage that risk.

How safe and effective is Comirnaty  (COVID-19 Vaccine mRNA)? 

The observed risk is higher among males under 40 years of age compared to females and older males. The observed risk is highest in males 12 through 17 years of age. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

I have now received 2 Astra Zeneca from my local hospital. Very well organized. I have the pink ID card 13 digit number and have unsuccessfully tried to get the digital certificate despite Thai assistance. It just hangs when entering all the required data.  I took my international yellow vaccination book and they added 2 doses with Hospital stamp. I alao have a paper certificate feom the hospital. I will still try to make the online system work.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paco said:

i have no such number or slip mine was send to me and many by email and there is no code or anything just stating when i have to come..... so what now?

You should have QR or barcode on the paper after 1st shot. Another thing is to have your mobile number entered into the system as well. My number was missing, but I rung to MedPark and they fixed it right away 

16 hours ago, shanghailoz said:

For those who want better information - I posted about this already, complete with instructions.

Thanks for the translations 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lindsay said:

I will still try to make the online system work.

You could try to use someone else’s phone/ pad to input the data (try opposite operating system from what your using now) and see if it still hangs. 

16 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Something that this app did educate me on is that the dose I received was not  called Pfizer but under the brand name Comirnaty.

Cominarty is the name the Pfizer company chose when it got full US FDA approval.  It's the same shot.

@Lindsay, thanks for posting about your International Yellow Book.  I have one of those and want my shots to be included.  Good to know they'll do that.

Edited by MrStretch

10 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:
31 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

International Yellow Book

Just hope you don’t have to turn up in Bangkok to apply for it in person.

Our illustrious leader must be creaming his pants knowing that a Thai document for foreigners house registration has now gone international.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lindsay said:

I have now received 2 Astra Zeneca from my local hospital. Very well organized. I have the pink ID card 13 digit number and have unsuccessfully tried to get the digital certificate despite Thai assistance. It just hangs when entering all the required data.  I took my international yellow vaccination book and they added 2 doses with Hospital stamp. I alao have a paper certificate feom the hospital. I will still try to make the online system work.

Hi, if you are using a Android and GooglePlayServices are disabled or not present, the app will not work. I had the same issue

2 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

You should have QR or barcode on the paper after 1st shot. Another thing is to have your mobile number entered into the system as well. My number was missing, but I rung to MedPark and they fixed it right away 

I did not got a slip l, was so bad organized they said leave leave leave, I am in the system I will ask after my second shot, thanks for the response

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Paco said:

i have no such number or slip mine was send to me and many by email and there is no code or anything just stating when i have to come..... so what now?

I got the slip including QR code and 13 digit number and details of second appointment  when I was at the hospital for my first dose. My first appointment details were advised by sms after I registered online. So just show up at the appointed time and it should all happen. I believe that you can’t register with Mor Phrom App until after your first appointment.

2 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

Our illustrious leader must be creaming his pants knowing that a Thai document for foreigners house registration has now gone international.

I think he is referring to the yellow vaccination certificate not the house book😄

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

I got the slip including QR code and 13 digit number and details of second appointment  when I was at the hospital for my first dose. My first appointment details were advised by sms after I registered online. So just show up at the appointed time and it should all happen. I believe that you can’t register with Mor Phrom App until after your first appointment.

You can register after the first appointment, basically once you get the 13 digit code/qr you're good.

• Cool 1

5 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

Same for me, I emailed them with my phone number to enter into their records and they sorted it within the hour allowing me to enter the MohPromt app.

The 2nd jab certificate from MedPark has a QR which gives you the green vaccine certificate anyway.

1 hour ago, Stevejm said:
3 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

I think he is referring to the yellow vaccination certificate not the house book

I can't believe it!

Our illustrious leader said only a couple of years ago that "he was going to make Thai an international language".
Usually that's the sort of sarcastic comment I might invent, but he really did say that. Needless to say everyone laughed at him then, as he was the only one who was serious.

5 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

THIS little yellow book...

vaccine_cert.jpg

Yes, I did realise that.
Hey, that's English and French. Where's the Thai? The PM won't be best pleased.
I forgot to put this footnote in my previous post:

<For the hard-of-learning: The text above may contain traces of sarcasm>

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stevejm said:

When we arrived we had to scan some code I did see i am registered in that hospital but I will ask them for the code, thank you for your help 

It's been around since March 2020 and even in the age of digital reality, we can't come up with a universal way of recognising vaccination in the world. We managed to come up with a thing called a passport to facilitate international travel, but for some reason, Covid vaccination certificates seem to have alluded our grasp....