News Forum - Phuket daily Covid-19: 235 infections, no death, no Sandboxers

Thaiger

As Phuket prepares to carefully allow domestic tourists back onto the island, Covid-19 numbers remain relatively stable. Daily infections were 235 today, with 6 of the last 7 days reaching above 200. No new deaths were reported and no new Sandbox infections were identified. With the influx of new hospital beds yesterday, the bed occupancy rate remained around 70% though it ticked up half a percent. Breakdowns of Phuket data from the Phuket Provincial Public Health Office report late last night, all collected since the start of the third wave of Covid-19 on April 3, are included below by the […]

The post Phuket daily Covid-19: 235 infections, no death, no Sandboxers appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I guess that upper limit of 90 or something before the government seriously considering revising the Sandbox was out of the window long time ago huh? What ingenious plans do they wanna come up with next? I simply can’t wait. 

• Like 1

Well chap my hide, call me a half brain and tickle me with a peacock feather. And they are mostly vaccinated from what they have stated. CM will be an utter virus explosion bubble failure. Charming Chiang Mai will become Chilling Chiang Mai.

• Cool 1

8 hours ago, Dr.Sivada said:

I guess that upper limit of 90 or something before the government seriously considering revising the Sandbox was out of the window long time ago huh? What ingenious plans do they wanna come up with next? I simply can’t wait. 

Oh no, they revised it:

Soon they let domestic tourists easier in , just one jab of "real vaccines" needed (ok, one of AZ is doing, too) with up2-72testresult, but no on-arrival-testing and only a test on Phuket, if they wanna stay longer as 9 days.  Also no SHA Hotel needed, just advanced booking/paying of any accomodation.

So it is showing that either these people tested positive with an antigen test then put into a quarantine hotel are either being released after 14 days without being added to the infected numbers or the pcr tests they are waiting for come back as negative! .. if 177 today were released from these holding centres because the pcr test was negative then it doesn't look like the antigen tests are very accurate