News Forum - Bangkok ranked #1 best “workation” city in the world, Phuket #10

Thaiger

Bangkok has been ranked as the number one city in the world for a workation – a portmanteau combining work and vacation – with Phuket also ranking in the top 10.  The two Thai cities ranked among the top cities in the world where people can get a break from their office life and have a holiday while still actively working remotely. The Tourism Authority of Thailand announced the new survey conducted by Holidu, a German vacation search engine. The Workation Index rated 150 cities around the world using a broad variety of metrics. They consider the costs of renting […]

The post Bangkok ranked #1 best “workation” city in the world, Phuket #10 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

13 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Bangkok has been ranked as the number one city in the world for a workation

Survey carried out last week amongst tea totalers and those suffering agoraphobia and workaholics.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Well - I do not consider myself a workaholic nor agoraphobic. But that said, for the last 15 years I have lived in Thailand for a couple of month every year. Being away from work for a couple of month, would terminate next to every employment, but combining vacation and work makes it possible and I would welcome the discussed Visa for Digital Nomads, that would make it possible for me to spend even more time in Thailand, while working in my own country (and spend a lot of money in Thailand).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

Maybe I’ll have to put Phuket back on my Fhuket list.  I haven’t been to that crapbox in a long time. 

Strong post there, Craig.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The two Thai cities ranked among the top cities in the world where people can get a break from their office life and have a holiday while still actively working remotely. The Tourism Authority of Thailand announced the new survey conducted by Holidu

'have a holiday while still actively working' 🤣 🤣 🤣
I take it TAT haven't let immigration or the labour office in on their plans for tourists to work without a work permit?

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Quartz said:

Well - I do not consider myself a workaholic nor agoraphobic.

Tea Totaler? You may as well be, as the bars have been shut the last 2 months, and no alcohol in restaurants for last month. Strange that they call this work ie workation, but shy away from the work permit issue.

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

Announced by TAT...

Nuf said.

Actually........

https://www.holidu.co.uk/magazine/the-best-cities-for-a-workation

Thailand win again.

phuket number 10. And again. 
chiangmai number 11. And again. 

Thailand very popular. People love it!!!!

Many country have nice beach, warm, etc. 

what make thailand number one is the thai smile and lovely people. You will agree.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Actually........

https://www.holidu.co.uk/magazine/the-best-cities-for-a-workation

Thailand win again.

phuket number 10. And again. 
chiangmai number 11. And again. 

Thailand very popular. People love it!!!!

Many country have nice beach, warm, etc. 

what make thailand number one is the thai smile and lovely people. You will agree.

Yinn . . . you've just made my day . . . superb!

Thanks

KC

• Like 2

In a survey of TAT employees, TAT concluded that TAT is the best TAT 😜 While these "we are number one" surveys are humorous and entertaining, the lack of self awareness is astounding. Honestly and straight forwardness will never be Thailand's forte, but really, in a global pandemic these travel and leisure proclamatioms are getting tedious.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Faraday said:

Thank Fataday.  Yours is much “stronger”.

11 hours ago, Faraday said:

4 minutes ago, Cathat said:

The fact they consider Phuket to be a city tells you all you need to know about this survey.

Perhaps ranking in the survey is dependent upon inducements provided ?

Corrupt government, laws unfriendly towards foreigners, rampant fraud, and laws prohibiting anyone making negative comments about you-know-who/what, sounds like a perfect place for my next workation! Hint: I am not talking about China 🤪.

• Haha 1