Above Eleven - Sukhumvit 11 [Fraser suites building]

KaptainRob

This is a rooftop venue for locals and tourists alike although you should book and arrive early to gain a table with a good view, the best ones seat 2 to 4 persons on the extreme outside of the roof's glass balustrade. Best time to arrive is at least 30 mins before sunset.

The same owner as Havana Social and 2 other Suk 11 restaurants, Above 11 is a fabulous venue for special occasions or simply to enjoy a cold drink while taking in Bangkok's skyline, see pic below.

Whilst not the most expensive rooftop venue in Bangkok, IMHO it is perhaps the best, especially if one is staying nearby. Peruvian Japanese fusion food and service is excellent ... our waiter remembered us from a previous visit almost 12 months earlier. Must've tipped too much. 55

spacer.png

• Cool 1

My husband and I celebrated a wedding anniversary at Above 11, and the food and ambiance was excellent.

Edited by Alice
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, DPat said:

so many amazing rooftop bars/restaurants in Bangkok. Not been to this one, but it looks amazing!

... just wait 'till you see the loo!  

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 5/20/2021 at 12:10 AM, KaptainRob said:

This is a rooftop venue for locals and tourists alike although you should book and arrive early to gain a table with a good view, the best ones seat 2 to 4 persons on the extreme outside of the roof's glass balustrade. Best time to arrive is at least 30 mins before sunset.

The same owner as Havana Social and 2 other Suk 11 restaurants, Above 11 is a fabulous venue for special occasions or simply to enjoy a cold drink while taking in Bangkok's skyline, see pic below.

Whilst not the most expensive rooftop venue in Bangkok, IMHO it is perhaps the best, especially if one is staying nearby. Peruvian Japanese fusion food and service is excellent ... our waiter remembered us from a previous visit almost 12 months earlier. Must've tipped too much. 55

https://sethlui.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/above-11-bangkok-bar-restaurant-7524.jpg

How much?

Maybe they use Salesforce to track customers so they can add a personal touch when you come back, e.g. ("customer said he owned water buffalo named Alice, Alice was sick, make sure to ask if Alice is feeling better next time.") 

I find waiters remember me better when I don't tip :-p