News Forum - Tourism Minister defends PM’s re-opening plan on day 3 of no-confidence debate

Thaiger

7 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

So maybe 55 and up will not have that many people going. Who knows. 

Today I turned up 1 hour early and was number 66. Who knew. But it wasn’t a crush, fairly orderly, and I was in and out in two hours. Fingers crossed for you and bob.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Thanks, that is the news I was waiting for after hearing nothing from the expatvac app since being approved 🙏

I'm not in CM but I got an SMS the evening before

15 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Today I turned up 1 hour early and was number 66. Who knew. But it wasn’t a crush, fairly orderly, and I was in and out in two hours. Fingers crossed for you and bob.

Well my wife and family told me to sign up and stop crying about all the info to submit, so I am signed up. CMU I really like as a University do hopefully good luck. 
BTW. How do you check the wall? All I see is registration sign up. Thank you in advance . 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

How do you check the wall? All I see is registration sign up

As I did not get a registration number, I’m unsure of what you will see once you have a registration number.

if you click the purple boxe (check new identification number) then on next page enter your passport number, click search should give you a registration number. I guess if you have a number and click on that you will see more information. Just a guess mind you, I’m not one to assume.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bob20 said:

We're in the same boat. They've now opened the floodgates and a month after registering I've not hear anything about a jab.

I think it's criminal. All you can do now is be sensible and protect yourself as best you can.

Why dont you just self-isolate till the vax arrives. Apparently that helps a lot.

We are doing this from 9pm to 4am, with a lot of sucess if some people are to be believed.

Why not extend that to 24 hours for people who are worried?

28 minutes ago, gummy said:

I'm not in CM but I got an SMS the evening before

I did not register on expatvac site. I was just keeping my ear to the ground to take advantage of the break in the traffic so to speak. I do realise those that have a distance to travel, that SMS before hand will be very useful for them.

4 minutes ago, AdamX said:

Why not extend that to 24 hours for people who are worried?

Well there are 7 policemen that are extending there isolation to that. Maybe that’s what we see that months of 24 hours self isolation is. 

Lot's of whiney people on here. Open the flood gates? Flood gates of what...foreign tourists who have been fully vaccinated and tested negative? They are the very least of your worries, no matter where you are in Thailand. It isn't fully vaccinated foreigners causing the spread of the virus, it's your fellow locals. Any vaccine is better than no vaccine as long as you follow the age guidelines for the vaccines. Refuse AZ? Up to you but AZ, at worst, will likely keep you out of the hospital, which is what the vaccines are supposed to do. None of them provide immunity. As with any medical procedure, there is a need for all your personal information including pertinent medical conditions/vitals.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

10 minutes ago, Blogosopher said:

Lot's of whiney people on here. Open the flood gates? Flood gates of what...foreign tourists who have been fully vaccinated and tested negative? They are the very least of your worries, no matter where you are in Thailand. It isn't fully vaccinated foreigners causing the spread of the virus, it's your fellow locals. Any vaccine is better than no vaccine as long as you follow the age guidelines for the vaccines. Refuse AZ? Up to you but AZ, at worst, will likely keep you out of the hospital, which is what the vaccines are supposed to do. None of them provide immunity. As with any medical procedure, there is a need for all your personal information including pertinent medical conditions/vitals.

You're responding to several different posters, I'll just answer my own whiney post.

Opening the floodgates isn't directed at foreigners, it's re: removing interprovincial restrictions for Thais traveling and spreading the virus while in CM vaccination numbers are virtually zero.

I'll leave the other points to their original posters.

8 hours ago, Blogosopher said:

My oh my. That is quite the rant in itself.

We are not vaccinated up here in CM. People even if vaccinated can easily get the virus again or carry it as a mule in their cavity. Let's say transporters. So let's not say only the domestic people, let's say everyone from abroad or domestic who wants to come here as they think no problem, I am vaccinated, but the bottom line is the majority of us up here for all people are not! It is a recipe for disaster. It is idiotic at this time to allow and push and publicize travel to go to CM under another bubble scheme. for CM city and the CM province areas they stated, this is no a bubble, it is virtually everywhere. So as far as I care it could be the fully vaccinated foreigner or the fully vaccinated Thai who by chance just have come into contact with someone and got the virus again either by being sick or it hitchhiking a ride. And if the floodgates are open like they are doing, it is a loser. Get it?

3. Why would I allow my family to get AZ. Keep me out of hospital? It could put me or my family smack dab into hospital or even worse. It doesn't have the best track record just the same as the one they are forcing it to be matched up with, Sinovac. The fact of the matter is most people prefer Moderna or Pfizer but this government doesn't care or give a rats patoot about people, but why would they care, I bet the CM governor is vaccinated just like the rest of them going all the way to the top, and with the vaccine of their choice. Lots of stories going around for how a certain vaccine was brought into this country some time back.

BTW. Are you vaccinated and if so with what vaccine? Where are you currently at?

• Cool 1