News Forum - Stay in Thailand long-term with the Thailand Elite Visa

Thaiger

Are you looking to attain a Thailand Elite Visa? Well, look no further as The Thaiger’s partner, Tadoo has a network of experienced providers to make the process easy as possible. Helping you save time and money. The Elite Visa is for anyone in Bangkok who wants to reside in Thailand long-term and have access to certain privileges. The Elite Visa allows residency in Thailand for a period of 5, 10, or 20 years, depending on the package selected. Each person who is authorized to receive an Elite Visa can stay for 1 year inside the country before needing to […]

The post Stay in Thailand long-term with the Thailand Elite Visa appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Many Elite visa holders got blacklisted and banned from Thailand because they overstayed thinking that they didn't have to extend their visas during the visa amnesty

• Like 2

Never pay upfront for anything anywhere.

Paying for a visa (non refundable) 20 years in advance sounds pretty risky to me.

They could cancel or null a void them with one stroke of a pen.

I don't even know what il be doing next week!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cathat said:

Never pay upfront for anything anywhere.

Paying for a visa (non refundable) 20 years in advance sounds pretty risky to me.

They could cancel or null a void them with one stroke of a pen.

I don't even know what il be doing next week!

At my age I can't even remember what I did last week 😂

This program proved itself to be utterly useless last year, when even 'Elite' Visa holders couldn't make it into Thailand. 

Anyone who pre-pays for a Visa in a country where the rules change daily has more money than sense as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SSimpson said:

Can you explain "membership fee (is) excluded"?

No! . . . and neither can most members who've commented on what appears to be a largely nonsensical programme. There may be a better side to the coin, though, so make a few further enquiries to get the full picture.

Just now, TheDirtyDurian said:

How do you pay for plane tickets then?

Guess if you pay with a credit card shortly before flying then in theory you have not paid for it, but I see your point which was a good one.

1 hour ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

How do you pay for plane tickets then?

I pay with credit card and that way I have insurance protection for if the airline fails.

The airline are paid in arrears that way and my money is 100 percent safe.

• Like 1

Just now, Cathat said:

I pay with credit card and that way I have insurance protection for if the airline fails.

The airline are paid in arrears that way and my money is 100 percent safe.

Sounds like you can pay for all the plane tickets you want in 20 years from only the joining and annual fees and the privileges don't seem that appealing either. 

I spend an hour at immigration each year for an extension for 1900 baht.

Don't really see the point. Did anyone on the forum join? And would they be prepared to elaborate on this?

10 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Sounds like you can pay for all the plane tickets you want in 20 years from only the joining and annual fees and the privileges don't seem that appealing either. 

I spend an hour at immigration each year for an extension for 1900 baht.

Don't really see the point. Did anyone on the forum join? And would they be prepared to elaborate on this?

I have never joined but several friends have and are satisfied with it. 

They all however have very good reasons to have joined.

All are high net worth individuals who travel frequently for business.

The thailand elite system satisfys each of their home countries taxation systems that they are non resident for tax purposes.

They are all semi resident in thailand at best but it is enough.

These are the type of person I think the system is really aimed at.all simply view it as a cost of doing business and it represents good value to each of them for that reason alone.

12 minutes ago, Cathat said:

I have never joined but several friends have and are satisfied with it. 

They all however have very good reasons to have joined.

All are high net worth individuals who travel frequently for business.

The thailand elite system satisfys each of their home countries taxation systems that they are non resident for tax purposes.

They are all semi resident in thailand at best but it is enough.

These are the type of person I think the system is really aimed at.all simply view it as a cost of doing business and it represents good value to each of them for that reason alone.

Thank you for your kind answer. That could make sense if you're doing business. But for a retiree, wealthy or not, a non-immigrant visa and not spending more than the legally allowed time in their home country, is sufficient to show residence here.