News Forum - PM Prayut Chan-o-cha says lifting the nightly curfew is under consideration

Thaiger

Ending the nightly curfew in “dark red” provinces is under consideration, PM Prayut Chan-o-cha announced today before Parliament during the second day of the censure debate against his government. 29 provinces, including Bangkok, are classified as “dark red” zones under maximum control to prevent the spread of Covid-19. The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, following a meeting chaired by prime minister, decided to lift restrictions in the “dark red” zones starting today, allowing restaurants to offer dine-in services and interprovincial public transport to resume services. The 9pm to 4am stay-at-home order remains in effect. Prayut says the move to lift […]

The post PM Prayut Chan-o-cha says lifting the nightly curfew is under consideration appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

How does a curfew help in the first place ?

If the bars are shut surely the amount of people needing their crisps fix from 7-11 is insignificant and any home party is just going to start earlier. I never understood this one.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Benroon said:

If the bars are shut surely the amount of people needing their crisps fix from 7-11 is insignificant and any home party is just going to start earlier. I never understood this one.

The only thing curfew helps it to help the police and the government establish more power over the people. All an excuse under the guise of covid to bring in more tyranny.

• Like 2

Not getting into the argument, but this is why they (say) it's done (German study often referred to):

"The argument in favor of nighttime curfews is: Infections often happen in private. According to the theory, such contacts and thus the spread of the virus can be reduced by curfews. According to the study, nighttime curfews can lower this value by 13%. The authors point out, however, that this has to be seen as part of a wider set of measures such as the closure of restaurants and restrictions on private meetings."

3 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Not getting into the argument, but this is why they (say) it's done (German study often referred to):

"The argument in favor of nighttime curfews is: Infections often happen in private. According to the theory, such contacts and thus the spread of the virus can be reduced by curfews. According to the study, nighttime curfews can lower this value by 13%. The authors point out, however, that this has to be seen as part of a wider set of measures such as the closure of restaurants and restrictions on private meetings."

Sorry I couldn’t see a reason in there ? 

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

LoL, because there is not a reason in there...notice it said that a curfew "can" reduce spread, not that it *does*. EVERY single model or prediction the "experts" made since the start of this nonsense has been wildly wrong.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Benroon said:

They don't either. The ideals of said curfews are impractical in these situations. 

That's why I said "not getting into the argument", as I don't see the point either to reduce movement at times when there is very little already. Yet that is what is claimed it's for.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

LoL, because there is not a reason in there...notice it said that a curfew "can" reduce spread, not that it *does*. EVERY single model or prediction the "experts" made since the start of this nonsense has been wildly wrong.

Masks and distancing reduce spread. 

14 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Ending the nightly curfew in “dark red” provinces is under consideration, PM Prayut Chan-o-cha announced today before Parliament during the second day of the censure debate against his government. 29 provinces, including Bangkok, are classified as “dark red” zones under maximum control to prevent the spread of Covid-19. The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, following a meeting chaired by prime minister, decided to lift restrictions in the “dark red” zones starting today, allowing restaurants to offer dine-in services and interprovincial public transport to resume services. The 9pm to 4am stay-at-home order remains in effect. Prayut says the move to lift […]

The post PM Prayut Chan-o-cha says lifting the nightly curfew is under consideration appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The forever-lockdown-mandatory-vaxers usual suspects here go into apoplectic shock.

This must be breaking their hearts.

For the rest of us, its time to look back and think how we could have prevented this anti science lockdown idiocy ever happen, and to resist it when the next ''varient' arrives.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AdamX said:

For the rest of us, its time to look back and think how we could have prevented this anti science lockdown idiocy ever happen

Tin fiol hats and bleach.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rain said:

Masks and distancing reduce spread. 

Only if the masks are N95, and not the silly tissue paper ones that 99% of people wear.

Masks also need to be worn correctly which is impossible in real life. Mask compromise breathing and are a hothouse for bacteria, but wear one if you want,

In reality, masks are literally and figuratively. a fig leaf.

Distancing is completely impractical, but if you want to do it, cool. 

Just dont turn into a Karen if others choose not to

The least worst solution would have been to advise the most vulnerable to self isolate, and treat it like we do the flu.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Tin fiol hats and bleach.

Thats what they said about man made at Wuhan, natural immunity, ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine and Fluvir, which have now become accepted as facts, albeit in a muted manner

Seems the difference between disinformation and fact is about 6 months

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Benroon said:

I always assumed it was connected with supressing the protests, or demonstration of power

There is no other logical reason for curfew

• Like 1