News Forum - Pattaya man dies after receiving beating, attacker says he didn’t mean to kill him

Thaiger

A man has been arrested for allegedly beating a drunk man, who later died, at a house in Pattaya. The suspect claims he didn’t intend to kill the victim. When Nongprue police and local media got to the scene they discovered the body of 44 year old Run Thongnak. They add that they found bruises all over the victim’s face and body. Run’s girlfriend, identified only as Namtip, told the police that her boyfriend was incredibly drunk and they were arguing. She claims Run was jealous of her ex-boyfriend. She says out of the blue, 25 year old Eakkasit Chinklang, […]

The post Pattaya man dies after receiving beating, attacker says he didn’t mean to kill him appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

14 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

A man has been arrested for allegedly beating a drunk man, who later died, at a house in Pattaya. The suspect claims he didn’t intend to kill the victim.

The man has asked for “Joe Ferraris” lawyer. 

• Haha 4

Are you kidding m? I didnt intend to kill, what a defense but only in Thailand he may get away with it. And, how in their right mind would beat-up a drunk, how much a coward the attacker is.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

A man has been arrested for allegedly beating a drunk man, who later died, at a house in Pattaya. The suspect claims he didn’t intend to kill the victim.

Won't that be manslaughter?

Your honor, I did not mean to kill him. Ok, is that your defense? Yes, I did not mean it. Actually, I did not realize he would die, when I took him to the hospital, or I would have run away. Maybe I shouldn't have beaten him so badly? 

Ok, straight to prison. Since we are very lenient here, how does five years sound? Ok? Done. 

2 hours ago, Inlandchris said:

how in their right mind would beat-up a drunk

He annoying everyone. Argue. Impolite. Refuse to leave. 
some drunk people not listen, what can you do? 
He not want to kill him. He help take the idiot to hospital.

39 minutes ago, Yinn said:

He annoying everyone. Argue. Impolite. Refuse to leave. 
some drunk people not listen, what can you do? 
He not want to kill him. He help take the idiot to hospital.

So you think it is ok to beat up a drunk who is annoying you do you rather than just ignoring him or moving away from him ? Well by extension then half the world deserves to beaten up by the other half because they annoy each other.

3 hours ago, gummy said:

So you think it is ok to beat up a drunk who is annoying you do you rather than just ignoring him or moving away from him ? Well by extension then half the world deserves to beaten up by the other half because they annoy each other.

The police say they will continue to investigate the matter and add that Eakkasit has been fully cooperative. They concluded their statement by saying they haven’t decided if Eakkasit will be charged or what he would be charged with.

6 hours ago, gummy said:

Not if the accused has enough money

Or influential connections. Even more beneficial than the perceived wealth.

In Thailand - who ya know.

btw: "Run later left the hospital, saying he was “fine” and that the doctors gave him paracetamol before sending him home, "

Is anyone looking into the responsibilty of the hospital, here? Or is examinating the body/cause of death not part of the investigation?

15 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Oh, he didn't mean it? That's alright then..

Yes. Oh ok mate, a mistake then. Can happen to anyone when you engage in beating up a defenceless drunk. Would you like a ride home. Fu*ks Sake. Lock him up for life and forget about him. 

8 hours ago, Yinn said:

The police say they will continue to investigate the matter and add that Eakkasit has been fully cooperative. They concluded their statement by saying they haven’t decided if Eakkasit will be charged or what he would be charged with.

Try manslaughter or murder. Either way,  lock him up and throw away the key. They guy is a violent psychopath that will do it again if he’s not imprisoned.