News Forum - Officials say employees are to resume work, compensated accordingly following ease on restrictions

Thaiger

With restrictions easing in “dark red” zones tomorrow, the Department of Labour Protection and Welfare has declared that employees can go back to work with their normal compensation, according to Thai media sources.  The department has declared that employers are required to summon all employees back to work and pay them accordingly. If employees are not paid their wages, their contracts will be considered terminated, and employers will be required to give an advance payment for termination.  Employees are expected to return to work as usual, and if they fail to do so or take a vacation without permission, the […]

The post Officials say employees are to resume work, compensated accordingly following ease on restrictions appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Many businesses have been paying staff to stay at home at immense cost to themselves.

I hope the staff understand and appreciate this and help their employers to recover from their losses.

7 hours ago, AdamX said:

Many businesses have been paying staff to stay at home at immense cost to themselves.

I hope the staff understand and appreciate this and help their employers to recover from their losses.

Huh?

Shirley, you jest - 

11 hours ago, AdamX said:

care to elaborate on this? any businesses you know paying staff to stay home? most of my friends in restaurant industry worked on kitchen, making and packing online orders at half of wages. do you know any lucky ones?

• Cool 1

45 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

care to elaborate on this? any businesses you know paying staff to stay home? most of my friends in restaurant industry worked on kitchen, making and packing online orders at half of wages. do you know any lucky ones?

My staff have been at home on full pay for the last 8 weeks, and I've had to swallow the costs of this. Lay off were not an option as t would have meant paying redundancy and so on. We are a software house.

I know many others have not been anywhere so lucky, and my heart goes out to employers and staff—and my disgust at those who blindly supported shutdown and lockdowns without the slightest thought for the hardships that they cause