News Forum - Thai health officials warn against eating raw earthworms after video of “spicy worm salad” goes viral

Thaiger

Health officials in Thailand are warning people not to eat raw earthworms after a video of a man eating a spicy salad with raw earthworms went viral on YouTube. In a previous clip, the man told viewers that if his video received 10,000 likes, that he would film himself eating raw earthworms.  The man mixed the earthworms with fish sauce, chili powder, sugar and lime, and then filmed himself taking a large bite. The video was viewed more than 250,000 times since it was uploaded on August 24. A doctor recently made a post on Facebook, warning people not to […]

The post Thai health officials warn against eating raw earthworms after video of “spicy worm salad” goes viral appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

In Issan they eat a lot of bugs,ants,frogs,field crabs and the occasional dog or cat goes missing at times, i don't mind what they devour but i draw the line and politly say no when offered anything i am not sure of, i have suffered the effects of food my stomach is not used to in the past (not very pleasant) so i'll pass on spicy worms.🤣 and stick to normal spicy Thai foods which i like a lot.

chicken nuggets toilet GIF

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, stuhan said:

In Issan they eat a lot of bugs,ants,frogs,field crabs and the occasional dog or cat goes missing at times, i don't mind what they devour but i draw the line and politly say no when offered anything i am not sure of, i have suffered the effects of food my stomach is not used to in the past (not very pleasant) so i'll pass on spicy worms.🤣 and stick to normal spicy Thai foods which i like a lot.

chicken nuggets toilet GIF

'so i'll pass on spicy worms' Quite an appropriate phrase given the fecal subject matter.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

'so i'll pass on spicy worms' Quite an appropriate phrase given the fecal subject matter.

Dont knock it till you tried it, sounds yummy.🤣

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I will send you free. All you want. 

Thank you, no need, my wife has thousands of them, feeds them on the manure from our cows.

just wondering if the government classes these people collecting earth worms as a job? Trying to work out how they still say that Thailand has 2% unemployment still??

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

12 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

just wondering if the government classes these people collecting earth worms as a job? Trying to work out how they still say that Thailand has 2% unemployment still??

Are there PYO farms around selling earthworms, like you do with strawberries?
(PYO - Pick Your Own)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bluesofa said:

Are there PYO farms around selling earthworms, like you do with strawberries?
(PYO - Pick Your Own)

Come on you have been here long enough to know that the only PYO there is are Thais picking their own noses.

I think it's what they call and "acquired" taste. Personally, I am more than happy to let the earth worms do their thing underground....not in my stomach. Think about it...if we eat all the earthworms, there won't be any to fertilise the soil. ;)

• Cool 1

8 hours ago, Bernhard said:

Sometimes the thai way of interpreting the compassion in Buddhism is hard to understand.

Very true.

There again Bhudda described his ideas more as a philosophy, not a religion. He specifically told people he wasn't a deity and not to worship him like one. That bit's so often missed out here.

• Like 1