News Forum - Last US troops leave Afghanistan, ending 20-year war

Thaiger

3 hours ago, 9S_ said:

This wouldn’t have to happen if Joe Biden caused a total disaster in Afghanistan! Thanks to his reckless decision in order for his 9/11 photo op, no allies will support the US in future operations. The freedoms of Afghans that were hard fought by our allies: the northern alliance, NATO, coalition forces and our soldiers were completely and totally destroyed by the inept Resident. 

13 soldiers have died because of Joe Biden

The Taliban are now fielding American equipment, controlling more land because of Joe Biden

We will face these consequences in the decades to come because of Joe Biden 

Only in Afghanistan. They dont pose a threat on an international stage so why worry? What consequences will the Americans face apart from being embarrassed about being unable to defeat a load of goat herders and re-equipping them on the way out?

15 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Bet it took alot of Talibanter to sort who was going to do what

Nah it’s pretty easy since the Taliban are in complete control of the country. 

So much so they’ve begun door-to-door looking for allies, in the kill list that Biden handed over, to execute 

The Taliban have started cutting out the tongues of the interpreters who helped us and Biden left behind

The Taliban started hunting down comedians, executing one who got famous on tiktok for joking about the Taliban. Even on camera in the hands of the Taliban he still made jokes about them. 

They’ve already captured and executed one of Afghanistan’s female Governor

Hanging people out of helicopters

Kidnapping girls as young as 14 to be used as sex slaves

Barring girls from working

Burning women alive because of their cooking

But for Joe Biden? Easy barely an inconvenience, so much so, he can order a drone strike obliterating a family of 10 civilians, 7 of which were children aged 2-13 years old. He’s back on vacation now

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Only in Afghanistan. They dont pose a threat on an international stage so why worry?

In 1993, Al-Qaeda killed 6 people in the WTC bombing

In 1996, 19 US soldiers were killed in a bomb truck attack in Saudis Arabia. Injuring nearly 300 people

In 1998, they used the same tactic against 2 US embassies in Nairobi and Dares Salam, killing over 200, 12 were Americans

In 2000, they used a boat attack on the USS Cole killing 17 sailors

and on September 11 2001, they hijacked passenger planes slamming them into the World Trade Center and Pentagon, killing nearly 3,000 Americans. 

Now Joe Biden just handed them a country and upgraded their weaponry from Cold War soviet weapons to modern US military equipment, 5 decades military advancement in less than a year. 

14 minutes ago, Poolie said:

What consequences will the Americans face apart from being embarrassed about

In the even US needs allies, who will help us? They’ll point to Joe Biden for leaving behind our allies on the ground and his total unconditional surrender to the Taliban

This not only energizes the Taliban but nearly all Jihadi Islamic Extremist groups operating around the world. We are less safer now than we were a year ago. 

16 minutes ago, Poolie said:

being unable to defeat a load of goat herders and re-equipping them on the way out?

And Al-Qaeda is returning to Afghanistan with more land and weapons than they had in 2001 all thanks to Joe. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, 9S_ said:

Nah it’s pretty easy since the Taliban are in complete control of the country. 

So much so they’ve begun door-to-door looking for allies, in the kill list that Biden handed over, to execute 

The Taliban have started cutting out the tongues of the interpreters who helped us and Biden left behind

The Taliban started hunting down comedians, executing one who got famous on tiktok for joking about the Taliban. Even on camera in the hands of the Taliban he still made jokes about them. 

They’ve already captured and executed one of Afghanistan’s female Governor

Hanging people out of helicopters

Kidnapping girls as young as 14 to be used as sex slaves

Barring girls from working

Burning women alive because of their cooking

But for Joe Biden? Easy barely an inconvenience, so much so, he can order a drone strike obliterating a family of 10 civilians, 7 of which were children aged 2-13 years old. He’s back on vacation now

Would be nice if you could post any links to prove your multitude of claims

5 minutes ago, gummy said:

Doubtful but see what he has. Give him a chance.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, gummy said:

There’s a limit on YouTube video links, Twitter links for each user per thread. 

A lot of my prior posts on this thread were deleted because I overloaded on the video embeds/links and Twitter embeds/links and photos. I was served with a warning not to do it again.

You can easily search for these. You can look it up if you want to. It’s not that hard. 

Not hard to find the video of the Taliban, with guns drawn chasing down a crying little girl and prying her away from her mothers arms to be used as a sex slave or new wife. 

Edited by 9S_
Context
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Doubtful but see what he has. Give him a chance.

Doesn’t matter if you believe me. The fact remains that millions of Afghans will suffer into “hell”. The vast majority of young people, girls especially do not know what’s coming since they weren’t born into the terror of the Taliban. 

Even a refugee commented a week before she fled she attended a film festival celebrating Afghan culture. She fears no one in Afghanistan will experience what she did for the past 20 years because of the Taliban 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 9S_ said:

Doesn’t matter if you believe me. The fact remains that millions of Afghans will suffer into “hell”. The vast majority of young people, girls especially do not know what’s coming since they weren’t born into the terror of the Taliban. 

Even a refugee commented a week before she fled she attended a film festival celebrating Afghan culture. She fears no one in Afghanistan will experience what she did for the past 20 years because of the Taliban 

Of course life was so serene under an occupation. No argument sought. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dancbmac said:

The general US population does not need war.  It is the US military industrial complex that needs war, because wars = big money!  Former President Eisenhower prediction was fairly accurate after as he was leaving office.  https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/eisenhower-warns-of-military-industrial-complex

It isn’t just a US thing either selling arms and weapons around the world.  Every year there are air shows and I think in Paris they have an trade air shows spotlighting aircraft that different countries bring their latest and greatest and take orders to sell to other countries.  One of the oldest is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Air_Show

The military industrial complex is seriously big business and young people recruited into these wars come and go and some become collateral damage.  In the big picture the complex doesn’t care, as long as they are making big money.

Lots of their money is used to lobby, “influence legally”, politicians to get the US into these conflicts and wars.  It is a vicious cycle.  A large percentage of the general US population don’t know much about the rest of the world, as many never travel outside.  Many don’t find out about certain countries until the politicians get the military involved in conflict and it is in the news.

Just my experience from what I learned after a career in the US military and later years as a civilian contractor working in the Middle East for a few of the big companies in the industrial military complex.

In the UK we have BAE Systems. They developed the Typhoon jet fighter our main customer is Saudi where there using it against the Yemen dancbmac.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Poolie said:

Of course life was so serene under an occupation. No argument sought. 

Definitely. Afghans elected 2 of their presidents. Elected female politicians to represent them in the legislature and serve them as governors. Prior to 2001, this was unheard of and downright illegal under Taliban rule. 

Afghans enjoyed watching soccer in the very same stadiums they were forced to watch executions by the Taliban 

Afghans could listen to music in the streets, where as if you were caught under Taliban rule they would cut off your hands for playing folk music

Just last month girls, even if they were 14, could still go to school up to university. Now under Taliban rule well they’ll be used as sex slaves and “spoils of war” for the Taliban 

Life sure seemed better than Joe Bidens unconditional surrender to the Taliban. I mean they were desperate enough to hold onto planes as they flew off. 

When confronted about civilians holding onto planes and dropping off sky Joe Biden said “That was 4 days…5 days ago” it was 2 and he was on vacation when it happened. 

That serene life of last month gone because of Joe Biden

35 minutes ago, Tatau1 said:

Which had an escape clause. Which they Taliban broke and Joe Biden ignored. 

How could Joe Biden be bound by a deal:

1) that wasn’t a treaty and wasn’t ratified by the Senate. He already reneged on Trumps Paris Climate Accord by putting us back in. Biden ended Trumps sanctions on the Nord Stream Pipeline, enriching Putin in the process. He eliminated those deals but kept the one with the Taliban?

2) When Biden unilaterally changed the withdrawal date and didn’t even tell our allies

3) When Biden ignored Taliban attacks, especially when they launched a massive attack in mid-April with their ISIS and Al-Qaida allies? Nearly 5,500 attacks?

4) If Trumps deal was so bad as Biden keeps claiming, why did he keep it?

5) Why did the violence erupt under Biden’s watch and not Donald Trumps? The suicide attack that killed 13 soldiers is the worst attack on US forces since 2010-11. 

Well you can ask the mother of a slain US Marine who stated: Joe did it for his 9/11 photo op. Now because of Joe Biden in 2 weeks you’ll see Taliban parading and flying Taliban flags on top of the American embassy in Kabul

Also Kabul fell while Joe was on vacation. It happened under his watch. Under his decision. 

Edited by 9S_
Context
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, 9S_ said:

Definitely. Afghans elected 2 of their presidents. Elected female politicians to represent them in the legislature and serve them as governors. Prior to 2001, this was unheard of and downright illegal under Taliban rule. 

Afghans enjoyed watching soccer in the very same stadiums they were forced to watch executions by the Taliban 

Afghans could listen to music in the streets, where as if you were caught under Taliban rule they would cut off your hands for playing folk music

Just last month girls, even if they were 14, could still go to school up to university. Now under Taliban rule well they’ll be used as sex slaves and “spoils of war” for the Taliban 

Life sure seemed better than Joe Bidens unconditional surrender to the Taliban. I mean they were desperate enough to hold onto planes as they flew off. 

When confronted about civilians holding onto planes and dropping off sky Joe Biden said “That was 4 days…5 days ago” it was 2 and he was on vacation when it happened. 

That serene life of last month gone because of Joe Biden

Pure romance. But hey, the sun came up during occupation, right? I'm sure it was just as you said.

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

Pure romance. But hey, the sun came up during occupation, right? I'm sure it was just as you said.

A lot better than the hell hole that’s coming all thanks to Joe Biden that’s for sure. 

People we’re so desperate they would risk their lives hanging onto a plane.

So desperate they would waddle in knee deep sewage for a chance to get into Kabul airport and flee the country before the Taliban took full control

Mothers would hand their infants to unknown US soldiers, knowing full well they would receive a better life wherever other than Taliban controlled Afghanistan

Girls crying to US forces yelling that the Taliban were coming as if they knew their fates at the hand of the Taliban. 

If things were getting better then the hundreds of Americans now stranded in Afghanistan shouldn’t have anything to fear right? They can go out in the open, go to school, listen to music, eat foreign food, watch TV or even go see a movie. But in truth, they can no longer do any of those things. Things that were considered normal last year. 

If things were getting better then the thousands of Afghan allies left behind by Joe Biden should be able to find work in the new Taliban government. But no, it is in truth that they are going door to door executing people who helped the western backed government, searing their DOD ID cards into their chest and hanging their dead and mutilated bodies on the streets.

Im sure the Taliban will allow the Voice of Afghanistan (Afghanistan’s most popular TV show) to continue airing, and not bomb their TV station in suicide attacks like the Taliban have done in the past. 

Im sure the Taliban will allow the Afghan women’s soccer team to play in the upcoming Olympics. Who am I kidding, their captain who was abroad told her teammates to burn their jerseys, delete their facebooks and Twitter to save themselves from being identified by the Taliban. 

Maybe Afghans female film directors will return to Taliban controlled Afghanistan? If they do they’ll be murdered, not the first time female in certain positions to be killed, just like journalists, mayors, policewomen, legislators and entertainers. 

Compared to what they will face, “OcCuPaTiOn” seems way better in every aspect 

Can I just say, I don't care about Joe Biden as long as his 'policies' dont impinge on my life. I wish he'd just run America and leave everyone alone.

• Cool 1

3 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Can I just say, I don't care about Joe Biden as long as his 'policies' dont impinge on my life. I wish he'd just run America and leave everyone alone.

Such a rosy picture and pure romance.

Monsters Inc Reaction GIF by filmeditor

12 hours ago, 9S_ said:

Such a rosy picture and pure romance.

Monsters Inc Reaction GIF by filmeditor

By all means beat yourself up about your President, but don't expect me to participate. I have no argument.  Have a lovely day.

• Thanks 1

Whats sad about <X X X X X> the Americans voted for Biden that's who they wanted as there president. There previous president made a deal for all US Military personnel  to leave afghan. They had enough time to pull them out its there fault it ended the way it did. If that wasn't bad enough the launched a drone attack in kabul killing kids. That's sad <X X X X X> not my post.

Edited by King Cotton
Removal of reference to Moderator action, according to Rule 15. Member PM'd with friendly warning.