News Forum - Anti-government protesters arrested after police officer injured at weekend rally

Thaiger

Following Sunday’s anti-government protest in Bangkok, 2 activists have been arrested after video footage allegedly showed them injuring a police officer. The Bangkok Post reports that the pair are among a total of 27 protesters arrested, according to Pakapong Pongpetra from the Metropolitan Police Bureau. He says 13 of the detainees are minors and 2 are women. Sunday’s rally began at the Din Daeng intersection in the capital at 2pm, finishing at around 9pm. Piya Tawichai from the MPB says officers have also confiscated a number of weapons and missiles, including more than 100 ping-pong bombs, 30 home-made bombs, 56 […]

The post Anti-government protesters arrested after police officer injured at weekend rally appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

There was a huge peacefull protest in Bangkok from the UDD / Pheu Thai and Thaiger doesn' t mention this one but the other ones. I often really wondering about the style of journalism and information in Thaiger news, because it was the biggest yesterday including a huge convoi. Same I wondering ,too, some news in Thaiger are coming a few days after it was in the Thai news.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Stardust said:

There was a huge peacefull protest in Bangkok from the UDD / Pheu Thai and Thaiger doesn' t mention this one but the other ones. I often really wondering about the style of journalism and information in Thaiger news, because it was the biggest yesterday including a huge convoi. Same I wondering ,too, some news in Thaiger are coming a few days after it was in the Thai news.

Same day and the biggest and main protest and not even mentioned from Thaiger

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/politics/2173027/final-car-mob-rally-underway-with-new-daily-protests-ahead

I'm waiting to see moltaves thrown into the police forces. I mean if a person is being arrested for supposedly having one then might as well use it same as the alleged guns 

8 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Following Sunday’s anti-government protest in Bangkok, 2 activists have been arrested after video footage allegedly showed them injuring a police officer.

I wouldn't be surprised if the activists are charged with 'damaging a policeman's baton using their head'.

8 hours ago, Stardust said:

I find Thaiger's style of news coverage to be typical of a tabloid Farang-inspired stimulation. Keeping in mind the market in which it serves. 

8 hours ago, Stardust said:

All this aside, this current wave of demonstrations are part and parcel of an extended and continuous period of the last few years. If one takes into account the contemporary history of protests, riots, etc this era is steadfast and not interrupted by a coup-of-the-month, massacre or another major political event. 

It appears that stoppage is not an option and will continue until they find some satisfactory change. 

Maybe.

1 hour ago, Rain said:

I find Thaiger's style of news coverage to be typical of a tabloid Farang-inspired stimulation. Keeping in mind the market in which it serves. 

Tomorrow are 3 protests on different ares in Bangkok. One democracy group and 2 more hardcore protest groups. What I see most of the readers or commentators didn't realize that even former supporter of Prayut are with groups on the streets against him and former pdrc members. There are so much different groups there that shows that from all parts of the society and political spectrum are against him. But the main groups/movements are the UDD/ Pheu Thai and the progressive and democracy movements from the move forward and from the big Universities. Anyway when I read comments I see the most don't know what is happening at the moment and what the majority of Thais are thinking and feeling at the moment or have any overview who is on the streets and that are many protests sides and not one and many different groups. Many former salim are apologizing that they supportet before the protests against Yinluck and are on the street with groups against Prayut. So from left to right all support that Prayut has to resign or in other words all spectrums of the society.

• Like 3