News Forum - Vaccination not required for dining in at restaurants in dark red provinces

Thaiger

In a contradiction of earlier reports, patrons will not need to be fully vaccinated in order to dine in at restaurants in the dark red zones. The announcement by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration has been published in the Royal Gazette, making it official. The Bangkok Post reports that restaurant customers will not need to pass a Covid-19 test in order to eat in either. Last week, the Public Health Ministry had proposed easing the ban on dining-in at restaurants for vaccinated customers only, or those who tested negative through an antigen test kit prior to being admitted. The […]

The post Vaccination not required for dining in at restaurants in dark red provinces appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"From tomorrow, beauty salons and barber shops can re-open for bookings, but walk-in customers cannot be accepted."

For what it's worth, the gal who cuts my hair has a very small shop. I imagine I can walk in and make an appointment at the same time.

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

24 minutes ago, HappyExpat said:

"From tomorrow, beauty salons and barber shops can re-open for bookings, but walk-in customers cannot be accepted."

For what it's worth, the gal who cuts my hair has a very small shop. I imagine I can walk in and make an appointment at the same time.

by appointments only? This is so much red tape

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HappyExpat said:

. . . . barber shops can re-open for bookings, but walk-in customers cannot be accepted."

It's like you can book your haircut, but can't have it . . . not if that means walking-in to the salon, it seems. TiT!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

As this is Thailand then you can open the door and ask “can I book an appointment?”  The barber will say “Yes we have a slot available in 5 mins, take a seat”. Done! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HiuMak said:

It could be worse. I’m surprised they didn’t decide that if you don’t have a Thai ID card you need to do the following:

Complete an online registration form. 
Bring 2 signed copies of your passport. 
A paper copy of your haircut records endorsed by your embassy. 
Proof of address endorsed by landlord or local police station. 
Have a PCR test no more than 72 hours prior to your salon appointment.
An antigen test on arrival  
A further Antigen test prior to leaving the salon.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

40 minutes ago, Soidog said:

It could be worse. I’m surprised they didn’t decide that if you don’t have a Thai ID card you need to do the following:

You're on good form, today, Soidog . . . keep 'em comin' (:-)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

You're on good form, today, Soidog . . . keep 'em comin' (:-)

Thanks but I’ll do my best to hold back the cynicism 🤔. It’s just to silly for words sometimes. I’ve said it before and will say it again. Forget Tourism. Forget car manufacturing. Forget rice, rubber and seafood exports. Just make the Thai equivalent of “Yes Minister” and sell it to broadcasters and streaming services around the world. They would make a fortune…..

• Cool 1

3 hours ago, HappyExpat said:

3 hours ago, HiuMak said:

2 hours ago, King Cotton said:

It's like you can book your haircut, but can't have it . . . not if that means walking-in to the salon, it seems. TiT!

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

As this is Thailand then you can open the door and ask “can I book an appointment?”  The barber will say “Yes we have a slot available in 5 mins, take a seat”. Done! 

The appointment is supposed to be made by phone, to avoid getting crowds of people together especially at peak times.

It's what they did in European countries, not only for hairdressers and restaurants, but for shops as well. Initially you'd order by phone and get a slot to collect the ordered goods. Then later, they changed it so you could go into the shop in a given slot.

As most have already found a workaround here or don't see the point, it's clearly not going to be effective...

We've criticised the government for not looking at what other countries have done, and when for once they do it's no good either 🥴🤣

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

We've criticised the government for not looking at what other countries have done, and when for once they do it's no good either 🥴🤣

To be fair, the authorities are having to deal with Thais................the Thai factor needs to be factored in.. 😃

Just now, Chaimai said:

To be fair, the authorities are having to deal with Thais................the Thai factor needs to be factored in.. 😃

Sure, we've all had enough of the situation. So it would be good if, besides ramping up vaccination, everyone is sensible and cooperative to meanwhile keep the virus under control.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

The appointment is supposed to be made by phone, to avoid getting crowds of people together especially at peak times.

It's what they did in European countries, not only for hairdressers and restaurants, but for shops as well. Initially you'd order by phone and get a slot to collect the ordered goods. Then later, they changed it so you could go into the shop in a given slot.

As most have already found a workaround here or don't see the point, it's clearly not going to be effective...

12 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

We've criticised the government for not looking at what other countries have done, and when for once they do it's no good either

You are right @Bob20. With a bit of luck, they may find appointments are a good idea and start using them in other situations. 

7 minutes ago, Soidog said:

You are right @Bob20. With a bit of luck, they may find appointments are a good idea and start using them in other situations. 

And if not, we'll just do another partial (ineffective) lockdown 🤣

• Haha 1

Hmmm...ok hears what happens in my country. Have a mask on you at all times. Wear it when it's not possible to safely distance from others. Wear your mask when you enter a restaurant. Once you are seated, remove it so you can eat and drink. Restrict the total number of people in indoor environments to 1 person per 2 square meters (or 4 square meters in red zones). Restrict high risk places to take away only to reduce contact. 

Just now, Jason said:

Hmmm...ok hears what happens in my country. Have a mask on you at all times. Wear it when it's not possible to safely distance from others. Wear your mask when you enter a restaurant. Once you are seated, remove it so you can eat and drink. Restrict the total number of people in indoor environments to 1 person per 2 square meters (or 4 square meters in red zones). Restrict high risk places to take away only to reduce contact. 

Nice, can you also tell us whether most people are vaccinated or not? And weather it's a high efficacy vaccine?

Well whats the lesson learned here?

and this is why I love Thailand - as they have a Spock logic = for the good of the many - open up the dark red zone and move on as people are starving, no work, no money, 

You can add another cog in the wheel with Australia - the most locked down draconian BS in the World and now they tell everyone that the Senate (Government) passed many many Bills (laws) regarding privacy (lack of), internet spying on all your devices, phones, pads, TV, Google devices, games etc. , jail terms if you dont comply - yeah sure another conspiracy while you we looking the other way. 160 pages of it.        5555555 

Having said that, restricting people to go to these places unless they are vaccinated, in a country with such low rates of vaccination is like cutting of your nose to spite your face!!!! Once you're at 80% double dose, maybe that's another matter.

I'm not living in a country that had over 1 million Covid cases. So I guess these measures do work. We had a slow start to vaccination, but now it's a lack of Pfizer not a lack of desire. We have more AZ than we know what to do with. How's Thailand going on the vaccination front? I enjoy going to Thailand and yes I enjoy the freedom I felt there. BUt I'm glad I'm not there now.  

Make no mistake this is a gift to the restaurant industry at the expense to the whole of Thailand!

Even top restaurant execs met with government officials two weeks ago 

Just like the drive to vaccinate Phuket vigorously in order to support the tourist industry at the expense of the manufacturing industry. 

4 hours ago, Soidog said:

It's funny but sad at the same time, because nowadays it could actually be true! 

By the way, you forgot the translation of all these documents and the pictures of your haircut before, as proof you need a haircut. And a picture of your new haircut, as proof you have had it.

Also the receipt from the barber, which you have to bring along with all these original AND translated documents signed paper by paper. 

When you arrive, you have to take the queue number and wait an hour or 2, just like the first time you had to do this before your haircut. The first time you had to sit for an interview to explain why you needed the haircut and now you have to tell them your experience and if you came in close contact with someone. They will send you back to your seat for another hour. 

When you are finally called to pick up your passport and documents, they either will ask for the 1500 THB fee you have to pay for the 'I-have-just-got-a-new-haircut certificate', or they will send you back because you forgot to bring the police clearance and medical certificate. 

• Haha 2
  • Cool 1

4 hours ago, Chaimai said:

It's really the Thai authorities factor that should be questioned - heavily. 

1 hour ago, Rain said:

It's really the Thai authorities factor that should be questioned - heavily. 

Yes, they are an easy target.... In every country.

Or do you just mean that you want Thaksin back?

21 hours ago, Soidog said:

Open a door?

On 8/31/2021 at 9:02 AM, Thaiger said:

In a contradiction of earlier reports, patrons will not need to be fully vaccinated in order to dine in at restaurants in the dark red zones.

So will they start requiring full vaccination to enter government buildings, as once they hit a 70 percent threshold it maybe something they could copy off western countries to encourage more to vaccinate?

Something worth considering for those in Thailand, requiring a Visa/extension in the future. If they were considering it for restaurants it is not to much of a stretch to see this being thought about also.