A leading anti-mask protestor has died in Texas from Covid-19.

Andrew Reeve

1 hour ago, BlueSphinx said:

Guess I am not intelligent nor sane then, as I will NOT take the vax.  I have my reasons for that decision after having done extensive research on the subject.  And my choice is not poltically influenced (the virus doesn't have a leftist-rightist or middle-of-the-road preference).  Also I do not deny anybody's right to 'go for it' > your body your choice.  But I do get pissed off when being coerced to take the jab with non-arguments like 'killing Granny', 'selfish behavior', 'do your civic duty' or that totally twisted 'follow the science'.  

Very few vaccine bullies are acting in an altruistic fashion but rather out of fear or selfishess.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, billywillyjones said:

Very few vaccine bullies are acting in an altruistic fashion but rather out of fear or selfishness.  

Very true, and I suspect that quite a lot of these bullies that already took the vaccine, are simply in denial and  'over-shouting' their gnawing insecurity and fear that they screwed their health by getting vaxxed.  The mounting evidence that the vax is NOT the solution it promised to be and the ever growing adverse-effects reports and studies, would be terrifying for them and they need to vent their anger/frustration on this turn of events.  

I read a post on Twitter which nailed it perfectly > The vaxxed are very angry at the unvaxxed because the vaccines don't work...

4 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

Very true, and I suspect that quite a lot of these bullies that already took the vaccine, are simply in denial and  'over-shouting' their gnawing insecurity and fear that they screwed their health by getting vaxxed.  The mounting evidence that the vax is NOT the solution it promised to be and the ever growing adverse-effects reports and studies, would be terrifying for them and they need to vent their anger/frustration on this turn of events.  

I read a post on Twitter which nailed it perfectly > The vaxxed are very angry at the unvaxxed because the vaccines don't work...

Ppfffft. 

I very happy I vaccinate already. 

The anti vaxxer is scared to take it, angry and frustrated. Protest the street, fight the police, etc. 

I not see the vaccinated people angry.

Strange people.

4F701649-B37A-4B2B-A8DF-4F91353F5AD7.jpeg

C9D565F0-590F-4D23-AC04-08B2E367B1B8.jpeg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Ppfffft.  I very happy I vaccinate already.  The anti vaxxer is scared to take it, angry and frustrated. Protest the street, fight the police, etc.  I not see the vaccinated people angry. Strange people.

As usual you seem to live in a totally different universe with its own logic, reason and facts.  I will leave it at that...

3 hours ago, MrStretch said:

@AdamXComparing the unfortunate few who have a negative reaction to the vaccine or those that catch the virus, though they wear masks, to those that openly and willingly fly in the face of the best advice medical officials can give is like comparing apples and oranges.  

It's not logical, though I am thoroughly convinced you think it is.

Im not comparing these two groups.

Im asking the cheerleader's of the mask=skeptic  death, who justify their glee on the basis that the deceased should have know better, to apply the same logic to the victims of the vax which they believe in. After all, according to them, these people should have known that there would be side effects

I take no joy in anyones death

• Like 2

On 8/31/2021 at 2:39 AM, Benroon said:

Adam it’s all about tipping the odds in your favour. 

I now just inadvertently see blocked content, but explain to him why we wear seatbelts.

It's not so accidents don't happen anymore. It's so that you have a better chance of surviving them.

Same with masks, even if they only  prevent some aerosols from others coughing and sneezing getting into your lungs (because you need to inhale a considerable viral load, not just a few virus particles). Same with the vaccine, that prepares your body for if you are attacked, even though you try to be careful. Etc. Etc.

It's not so difficult. With some here I think they understand but deliberately go against the grain whatever the topic. They're always so angry as well instead of just having a discussion.

And what they don't understand is that I'm not saying this for my own benefit. I don't get hurt if he crashes his car into a wall without seatbelt or breathes his lungs full of virus.

Though I would like him not to crash into me with his car, and wear a mask and not directly breathe, cough or sneeze on me either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Get over yourself... In my post I said people die no matter whether you're wearing the mask or not. The point was and is... another disingenuous article trying to make a political point out of a single activist that died of covid. Go ahead and go there if you want... Lol.

Me get over myself ? haha

Of course some mask wearers have died, some vaccinned people have died too, has anyone said they haven't ? but the conspiracy theorists just don't seem to be able to comprehend it's all about tipping the odds in your favour. That's it! Instead of worrying about something that probably won't happen, and in opposition to overwhelming scientific evidence, its the sensible thing to do. If you still don't want to that's fine, I am pro choice, but you'll have to accept if you go against the evidence you'll have an increased risk of dying.

You also clearly indicated it was a one off event whereas we are bombarded with anti vaxxers bleating on their death beds that they wished they had had the vaccine! 

Absolutely nothing disingenuous about it at all, as its not confined to a 'single activist' is it (unless you're a conspiracy theorist of course)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

Guess I am not intelligent nor sane then, as I will NOT take the vax.  I have my reasons for that decision after having done extensive research on the subject.  And my choice is not poltically influenced (the virus doesn't have a leftist-rightist or middle-of-the-road preference).  Also I do not deny anybody's right to 'go for it' > your body your choice.  But I do get pissed off when being coerced to take the jab with non-arguments like 'killing Granny', 'selfish behavior', 'do your civic duty' or that totally twisted 'follow the science'.  

OK thats cool - but seriously weigh up your 'extensive research' to thousands of eminently qualified scientists, virologists, doctors 'extensive research'

With not a single hint of sarcasm, seriously, whose research do you think is likely to be more robust ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

OK thats cool - but seriously weigh up your 'extensive research' to thousands of eminently qualified scientists, virologists, doctors 'extensive research'

With not a single hint of sarcasm, seriously, whose research do you think is likely to be more robust ?

I beg to differ and here's why. I will purposely attempt to keep this short.

As a U.S. licensed Critical Care Paramedic living in Thailand for the last eight years and working internationally, that is... was working internationally, until Covid hit. I was forced, against my better judgement to get the vaccine or my career was finished. I elected to go with the Johnson and Johnson shot. My employer enrolled me where I had been working, Alaska. There was no discussion whatsoever about the product, the efficacy, the risks... etc., absolutely no informed consent. A date was set, I showed up, they asked my name, no I.D., no discussion, nothing, there's the nurse. Literally within 3-5 minutes of my arrival that needle was in my arm. A fifteen minute recovery wait time and I was gone. 

The 'extensive' unsupported research you cite here is not really true (link below). The usual up to 10 years of clinical research and trials has been shortened to just about 2 years, and again in interests of brevity here, you need to understand you are the experiment, yet when you get the jab they don't tell you this, they offer no means or mechanism of following up with you, no means to take your information if you have an deleterious effects etc. Off you go with no follow-up. The claim is that you will be entered into the U.S. VAERS reporting system, but almost no one even knows about the reporting system, and even less use it. If 30 minutes after leaving that place, and I developed some sort of reaction, like anaphylaxis, no one would even know unless I were able to tell them. And even if I did tell them, the doctor would not be inclined to report is as a covid vaccine adverse event. 

https://www.jnj.com/innovation/the-5-stages-of-covid-19-vaccine-development-what-you-need-to-know-about-how-a-clinical-trial-works

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

I beg to differ and here's why. I will purposely attempt to keep this short.

As a U.S. licensed Critical Care Paramedic living in Thailand for the last eight years and working internationally, that is... was working internationally, until Covid hit. I was forced, against my better judgement to get the vaccine or my career was finished. I elected to go with the Johnson and Johnson shot. My employer enrolled me where I had been working, Alaska. There was no discussion whatsoever about the product, the efficacy, the risks... etc., absolutely no informed consent. A date was set, I showed up, they asked my name, no I.D., no discussion, nothing, there's the nurse. Literally within 3-5 minutes of my arrival that needle was in my arm. A fifteen minute recovery wait time and I was gone. 

The 'extensive' unsupported research you cite here is not really true (link below). The usual up to 10 years of clinical research and trials has been shortened to just about 2 years, and again in interests of brevity here, you need to understand you are the experiment, yet when you get the jab they don't tell you this, they offer no means or mechanism of following up with you, no means to take your information if you have an deleterious effects etc. Off you go with no follow-up. The claim is that you will be entered into the U.S. VAERS reporting system, but almost no one even knows about the reporting system, and even less use it. If 30 minutes after leaving that place, and I developed some sort of reaction, like anaphylaxis, no one would even know unless I were able to tell them. And even if I did tell them, the doctor would not be inclined to report is as a covid vaccine adverse event. 

https://www.jnj.com/innovation/the-5-stages-of-covid-19-vaccine-development-what-you-need-to-know-about-how-a-clinical-trial-works

Just endless waffle - 4.5 million dead. <abuse removed>

You call it experiment, I call it expertise 

Edited by KaptainRob
Refer Forum Guidelines re abuse of others

Sorry to see him pass - for his family especially. He had the right to not take the vaccine and that is his right.

But I dont agree with his public campaign trying to convince others to agree with his decision. From what I have seen his 'campaign' was very much biased, and was based on fear - IMO he went too far with those claims - and then he got 'lost' in all the media attention that built up around him. 

What I think is reasonable for the anti-vaxxers to do, is 1 of 2 things.  Keep quiet and leave others to make their own decisions OR when speaking publicly state it is their right to make their decision, and that each person also should make their own decision and not blindly follow others (either for or against).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Benroon said:

I agree with you Benroon.

As to the poster you replied to:

My neighbours friend had an uncle in Australia, whose daughters cat got stuck in a catflap. They're now campaigning to ban catflaps. Care to sign up?

In the end Bob the World's top Science people in there specific field formulated a vaccine to fight Covid In a record time to save Millions around the globe. People ignored the threat and thought they knew more than the worlds to Scientist's did. Now there paying the price of there ignorance by refusing a vaccine that could save there life. I don't care what Captain Covid and his close circle members on here say, but one thing they will not admit to is I'll bet the idiot who spouted all the Anti mask bs and all the Covid conspiracies in Texas would have survived if he was inoculated against the only vaccine that could have saved his life had he not been so ignorant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, vlad said:

In the end Bob the World's top Science people in there specific field formulated a vaccine to fight Covid In a record time to save Millions around the globe. People ignored the threat and thought they knew more than the worlds to Scientist's did. Now there paying the price of there ignorance by refusing a vaccine that could save there life. I don't care what Captain Covid and his close circle members on here say, but one thing they will not admit to is I'll bet the idiot who spouted all the Anti mask bs and all the Covid conspiracies in Texas would have survived if he was inoculated against the only vaccine that could have saved his life had he not been so ignorant.

100% agree

5 minutes ago, vlad said:

Thanks. That's the point of my post just above yours.

One example does not stand a chance against unbiased double blind randomised trials.

And as I've said plenty of times, I fully agree with freedom of speech and freedom of choice.

But I disagree that there is freedom to spread disinformation, putting vulnerable or gullible people at risk.

It's not an option for us to be biased, but I so wish these people were at least consistent and when in breathing difficulty not call their hospital and change their mind.

It's too easy to have firm principles and shout from the rooftops, until their principles are "a bit inconvenient" 

I'm making this post as the last 1 for me on this thread, but i will leave you a few question to debate. If this guy listened to the advice and have the vaccine, would he be alive today ? If he realized his actions could cause his death would he try and prevent it ? and lastly will his death serve as a warning to others in Denial.