A leading anti-mask protestor has died in Texas from Covid-19.

Andrew Reeve

23 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

There's millions more that aren't and have died... So do you have any valid points to make, or is this just another emotional anti masker rant? 

Not sure where you got emotional from there, flippant definitely, emotional, not at all.

My point is, it's rather "Schadenfreude".

If I wanted to be serious, I could probably point out that he died taking up a space that would have been better used by someone else sick.  Instead he got covid regardless, and took up space and doctors/nurses time that could have been better used to help others.

• Like 3

I'm stuck in USA and if it takes wearing a mask and getting the vaccine...well, as I want to get back to our home in Chiang Mai....I'll do it.  Am waiting for booster now with hopeful return Nov or Dec this year.

• Like 1

A lot of people think it’s a sign of strength, a badge of honor, to stick to your beliefs no matter what. In fact, “doubling down” is a natural human reaction when faced with contradicting evidence.

The reality is that is takes more strength to change your mind than be loyal to your beliefs. But there is still a stigma attached to doing so. 

I personally know two staunch conservatives who secretly got vaccinated while still claiming they’re not getting it. They don’t want to be vilified by their communities.

I wonder if it goes the other way in pro-vaxxer circles? Who knows. But it seems peer pressure and the pressure to not “flip flop” is extremely powerful.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, gummy said:

And let's hope a few million more go the same way rather than spreading the virus from their unmasked mouths.

Just like a typical leftist that wants people to die who don't follow their rules. Nothing is less liberal in thought than a liberal. 

What a joke. 

23 hours ago, Yinn said:

The “system” for control covid in USA is not good. 
millions people same him. Anti mask, anti vax, etc. 
650,000 death. 
Danger. Need more education/information about covid. They still not know/understand.

How do you make people understand when some of them still pray while playing with snakes. And think their god will save them. Well, hard brown stuff. They learn the hard way.

20 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

A lot of people think it’s a sign of strength, a badge of honor, to stick to your beliefs no matter what. In fact, “doubling down” is a natural human reaction when faced with contradicting evidence.

The reality is that is takes more strength to change your mind than be loyal to your beliefs. But there is still a stigma attached to doing so. 

I personally know two staunch conservatives who secretly got vaccinated while still claiming they’re not getting it. They don’t want to be vilified by their communities.

I wonder if it goes the other way in pro-vaxxer circles? Who knows. But it seems peer pressure and the pressure to not “flip flop” is extremely powerful.

This is blather. 

"conservatives" are not the least vaccinated demographic. You would know that if you weren't so blind to reality and biased. 

At risk groups should get it if your doctor agrees. 

The ridiculous notion that vaccines will stop covid19 is yet another ignorant approach from the leftists keyboard warriors who have granted themselves Supreme ability to make their opinions as the only ones that should be considered. 

21 hours ago, AdamX said:

I know you are not gloating, but...

So if he wore a mask, he would have lived?

And there have been no deaths with people who wore masks?

In the case of this unfortunate gentleman, it would be essential to read a coroners report,  before rushing to any judgement, as covid attributed deaths are misleading—as we have seen with the deliberate conflation of the died with and died of diagnosis

Being on your ignore list, I don't expect or desire a reply, but I do want to to educate the open minded reader. And most of your comments offer an excellent opportunity to do just that.

Thank You

If he had been vaccinated he might have lived. 

• Like 2

My condolences to wife and the children who he selfishly left behind to deal with death, disparity, hate, and persecution . Unfortunately the news here in the US is full of these " Covidiots " who procrastinate not vaccinate and not only spread their ignorance but also the virus itself ! A parasite is an organism which invades another organism to proliferate . Such we have here in the US both Covid 19 and stupidity ! The consequences of playing "Russian Roulette" with your family and your life is deadly and real . These people feel no responsibility , no compassion for the health and welfare of their families/communities but only for their so called" liberties/freedoms" and to hell with the rest if you don't represent their views !

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

This is blather. 

"conservatives" are not the least vaccinated demographic. You would know that if you weren't so blind to reality and biased. 

That’s not blather, I’m not biased (what?) and I’m not a keyboard leftist warrior either (now that’s a hot one, I don’t know whether to laugh or shake my head). And I’m blind to what? Re-read my post.

Most of my family and friends are of a conservative mindset and very few, virtually none are vaccinated. There’s a collective pressure to stick to the agenda, that’s what I’m observing. I don’t run in a lot of “liberal” circles, but I do wonder if it’s the same for them.

7 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

He would have at least had a fighting chance, and not been one of the ones crying about how they got it wrong and wished they had been vaccinated and listened, and then wanted my daughter (a Covid ICU Nurse practitioner) to do everything she could to save them, then when intubation came and was unsuccessful the family was left without a father, a wife, a daughter, a son, and even a grandparent when they passed. No lies, no rhetoric, just the truth.  Take it as you will, but vaccines have been around for a very long time and even the MRNA vaccines have been used for years, experimental is a frame of mind that people have decided to label these vaccines with because they were fast tracked for use.  But to each their own. People can choose to do what they want, but when the other shoe drops and the good lord calls, well then its time to say goodbye.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

That’s not blather, I’m not biased (what?) and I’m not a keyboard leftist warrior either (now that’s a hot one, I don’t know whether to laugh or shake my head). And I’m blind to what? Re-read my post.

Most of my family and friends are of a conservative mindset and very few, virtually none are vaccinated. There’s a collective pressure to stick to the agenda, that’s what I’m observing. I don’t run in a lot of “liberal” circles, but I do wonder if it’s the same for them.

You are making an anecdotal determination of your immediate circle as if it is a wide spread consistent reality. 

The least vaccinated demographic are blacks and Hispanics. 

20 hours ago, 9S_ said:

That’s what happens when you flood the country with unverified illegal immigrants. 

Really, nice tangent of whataboutism. Your opinion is just that, misguided and misinformed as it is.

1 minute ago, mcambl61 said:

You are making an anecdotal determination of your immediate circle as if it is a wide spread consistent reality. 

Who cares?? I never said conservatives were the least vaccinated group

My observations are unbiased and perfectly valid. 

So what’s your point?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MTa449 said:

My condolences to wife and the children who he selfishly left behind to deal with death, disparity, hate, and persecution . Unfortunately the news here in the US is full of these " Covidiots " who procrastinate not vaccinate and not only spread their ignorance but also the virus itself ! A parasite is an organism which invades another organism to proliferate . Such we have here in the US both Covid 19 and stupidity ! The consequences of playing "Russian Roulette" with your family and your life is deadly and real . These people feel no responsibility , no compassion for the health and welfare of their families/communities but only for their so called" liberties/freedoms" and to hell with the rest if you don't represent their views !

Another virtue signaling rant. 

Stop treating this virus like the black plague and get a hold of yourself. 

2 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Who cares?? I never said conservatives were the least vaccinated group

My observations are unbiased and perfectly valid. 

So what’s your point?

My point is that you don't have a point, just a anecdote. 

Just now, mcambl61 said:

My point is that you don't have a point, just a anecdote. 

So anecdotal evidence is not allowed or invalid?

27 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Not if he died from a heart attack or some other disease.

The point is, we don't know why he died

PS: Many people who were vaccinated have also died, so what is the point you are trying to make?

5 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

So anecdotal evidence is not allowed or invalid?

Apparently, I was told that by many leftists on several occasions. 

4 minutes ago, AdamX said:

Not if he died from a heart attack or some other disease.

The point is, we don't know why he died

PS: Many people who were vaccinated have also died, so what is the point you are trying to make?

The fact is this anti vaxer anti mask buffoon died, good enough surely.

1 hour ago, Busqueezo said:

I'm stuck in USA and if it takes wearing a mask and getting the vaccine...well, as I want to get back to our home in Chiang Mai....I'll do it.  Am waiting for booster now with hopeful return Nov or Dec this year.

Hang in there, could be a window of opportunity before the end of the year.  If it does, move fast as no guarantee it will remain open. Good luck

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Latest Data on COVID-19 Vaccinations by Race/Ethnicity
https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/latest-data-on-covid-19-vaccinations-race-ethnicity/

As of this week, 72% of the adult population in the United States have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. While this progress represents a marked achievement in vaccinations that has led to steep declines in COVID-19 cases and deaths, vaccination coverage—and the protections provided by it—remains uneven across the country. With the growing spread of the more transmissible Delta variant, cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are once again rising, largely among unvaccinated people. While White adults account for the largest share (57%) of unvaccinated adults, Black and Hispanic people remain less likely than their White counterparts to have received a vaccine, leaving them at increased risk, particularly as the variant spreads.

• Like 1

Just now, mcambl61 said:

Apparently, I was told that by many leftists on several occasions. 

And you’re taking this out on me? Why didn’t you say that in the first place instead of that drivel that you posted?

I have been at odds on this forum with some of the pro-vax crowd. But, credit to them, the likes of @Bob20post things that I mostly disagree with, but they’re civil and have a sense of humor. The pro-vaxxers must be loving this, two CCC squad members going at it.

I think something in my post triggered an emotional reaction in you somewhere. I can’t account for it, but good luck nonetheless.

49 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Just like a typical leftist that wants people to die who don't follow their rules. Nothing is less liberal in thought than a liberal. 

What a joke. 

Your political affiliation insecurity is blatantly obvious, shouting it from the rooftop won't fix that.

You must be a man without family, anyone who threatens my family's wellbeing by being sans mask near them is my enemy.

19 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

And you’re taking this out on me? Why didn’t you say that in the first place instead of that drivel that you posted?

I have been at odds on this forum with some of the pro-vax crowd. But, credit to them, the likes of @Bob20post things that I mostly disagree with, but they’re civil and have a sense of humor. The pro-vaxxers must be loving this, two CCC squad members going at it.

I think something in my post triggered an emotional reaction in you somewhere. I can’t account for it, but good luck nonetheless.

Hi BigHewer, I hadn't realised we were at odds? But just a slight correction. I'm not a pro- vaxxer. I leave everyone their own choice.

I just look at the science, because that's what I do. I'm also always prepared to listen, up to the point that an argument gets ridiculous and it becomes clear that the other party has no evidence to back up their claims. Then there's no point to continue either.

As I've said, if I have to choose, then I choose science and research over an anonymous opinion without solid evidence on the internet every time.

That's all.

https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/4416-news-forum-ccsa-covid-19-plan-domestic-vaccines-“learning-to-live-with-it”/?do=findComment&comment=48059

Edited by Bob20
Corrected link