News Forum - “Dark red” interprovincial transport ban lifted, flights and bus services resume Wednesday

Thaiger

10 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

C is the control area

T is test area

Yes I found that out after my heart had skipped a few beats the first time I used the tests 😂

45 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I don’t understand your point. Home testing is something that has been available for a long time here. It’s something I have to do twice a week for the work I do? It’s free also. 

home testing is not valid for government interaction. 

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

You nearly got the answer already. It needs to be from a hospital, not a home test.

The US is (trying) to get around this by coupling the home test with a video chat with a moderator walking you through the process.

40 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

home testing is not valid for government interaction. 

Ok, that’s what I was asking initially in regards to flying internally. How much is an Antigen test in a hospital in Thailand? I think someone has already suggested two Antigen tests for a return trip is probably more than the cost of the ticket? 

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

Ok, that’s what I was asking initially in regards to flying internally. How much is an Antigen test in a hospital in Thailand? I think someone has already suggested two Antigen tests for a return trip is probably more than the cost of the ticket? 

I've seen them at ฿1,800 from MedConsult Asia.

17 minutes ago, JamesE said:

I've seen them at ฿1,800 from MedConsult Asia.

Jes! £40 for something you can but for £3. That’s just crazy. 3,600 for a return flight then? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Does said:

Most arrival airports require full vaccination of both dosages of Covid vaccine.  Since over 90% of Thailand only have been administered only 1 dose, these flights will be empty.  By the middle of September, the airlines will cry and attempt to change entry requirements to 1 dose of vaccine and a negative test.  Otherwise the airlines will lose more money than not flying at all.  Why would anyone want to fly if the have to get a negative before their outbound flight and then be tested before their return flight.  The costs of the 2 tests will be more expensive than the fights themselves.  

Correction:  Since over 90% of Thailand will not be qualified to fly as they have not been administered the required 2 doseages, these flights will be empty.   Less than 10% of ThaIand has been administered the required two dosages.  

• Like 1

As long as they're feeling frisky about opening up left and right, partially lifting restrictions and other matters - why not do away with the mandated entry quarantine for everyone as well, making it easier for all to access this infected country, where one-n-all can come and go, prancing and spreading the cooties as they wish. 

It's a free for all.

Let the chips fall where they may.

😘🥰

13 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The ban on public transportation out of “dark red” zones has been lifted. Following the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration’s decision to ease the restrictions, both the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand and the state-run Transport Company announced domestic flights and interprovincial bus services will resume on Wednesday. While domestic travel from the “high risk” provinces, like Bangkok, there are some restrictions, according to Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesperson, Natapanu Nopakun, who gives the CCSA report in English. Transportation services will need to operate at 75% of its maximum capacity. Passengers are required to wear masks at all times and […]

The post “Dark red” interprovincial transport ban lifted, flights and bus services resume Wednesday appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This is a step in the right direction, but we have to ask

"What measurable good came from the last 6 weeks of lockdown", and if there is nothing we can measure, we then have to ask,

"Whats the point continuing these restrictions"

On the requirement for vax-to-fly, we have to ask,

"Why are  antibody tests not acceptable."

Without adequate reflection we are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past

Its time to end blanket lockdowns now.

If you believe in lockdowns, lock yourself down and you will be fine according to your own belief, but you don't have the right to force it on others

• Like 1

The only reasonable requirements for air travel should be:

1) Fully vaccinated with effective vaccine (that means if you have Sinovac, you must have the 3rd shot booster)

2) Fully masked throughout the flight journey

Period! End of story!

As @Does points out, Thais won't be flying because less than 10% are fully vaccinated and a large number of those only with Sinovac.

Idiotic and timely expenses of PCR tests to fly domestically are ridiculous.  I can see having a negative PCR required to enter the country, but then - because those people are vaccinated, and tested negative prior to entry, let them go, spend and do what you want them to do, stimulate the economy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JamesE said:

The US is (trying) to get around this by coupling the home test with a video chat with a moderator walking you through the process.

There are a few moderators on some others forums I am sure who will keenly like to interact to ensure nothing positive moves forward

24 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

1) Fully vaccinated with effective vaccine (that means if you have Sinovac, you must have the 3rd shot booster)

Period! End of story!

As @Does points out, Thais won't be flying because less than 10% are fully vaccinated and a large number of those only with Sinovac.

Idiotic and timely expenses of PCR tests to fly domestically are ridiculous.  I can see having a negative PCR required to enter the country, but then - because those people are vaccinated, and tested negative prior to entry, let them go, spend and do what you want them to do, stimulate the economy.

#1 - You STILL seem to believe that fully vaccinated equals not being able to transmit the virus.  Do read up to learn that the fully vaccinated cannot only be infected, but because of the suppression of their symptoms they will be unwitting of their infection and thus much more prone to spread it than the unvaccinated who will isolate at first symptoms.  The vaccinated super-spreader is the new reality...

#2 - I have decided not to debate the mask-issue anymore, because in spite of all the evidence that mask-wearing does absolutely nothing to prevent spreading the virus, it has become the Ignorant's Badge of Honor and no amount of facts/evidence/studies will convince them to 'face' the facts.

1 hour ago, MrStretch said:

[...]

[...]

I think, there will be a way around that. Perhaps it will become an "either full vaccinated or tested"?

Everything else would not really be an opening, right? Let us check the seat reservations in some days, and see, how booking goes.

Since it is about the money, the health in arrival destinations cant be a big counterargument.

1 hour ago, MrStretch said:

Period! End of story!

Yep.

Quite reasonable. 

Edited by Rain

8 hours ago, Soidog said:

1000thb at the clinic I normally use

Edited by Ted
  • Like 1