News Forum - “Dark red” interprovincial transport ban lifted, flights and bus services resume Wednesday

Thaiger

The ban on public transportation out of “dark red” zones has been lifted. Following the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration’s decision to ease the restrictions, both the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand and the state-run Transport Company announced domestic flights and interprovincial bus services will resume on Wednesday. While domestic travel from the “high risk” provinces, like Bangkok, there are some restrictions, according to Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesperson, Natapanu Nopakun, who gives the CCSA report in English. Transportation services will need to operate at 75% of its maximum capacity. Passengers are required to wear masks at all times and […]

The post “Dark red” interprovincial transport ban lifted, flights and bus services resume Wednesday appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I don’t know about this one! It reminds me of when they announced the closers of the Bangkok and surrounding provinces construction sites! How many deaths resulted in that blunder !

Anyways ,there should be  two more weeks of restrictions 

• Like 1

"Thai Vietjet said passengers will need to show proof of either a negative result from a RT-PCR test or an antigen test.

Passengers need to have negative Covid-19 RT-PCR Test or Antigen Test result valid no more than 72 hours before flight departure time and to strictly comply with regulation of arrival destinations."

still too much uncertainty for me with regulations even to fly domestic. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

The ban on public transportation out of “dark red” zones has been lifted.

But they all left in private transport.

"...strictly comply with regulation of arrival destinations."

Does anyone here have some kind of list of the rules in different provinces?

11 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Rules  ? what are they ? just make them up as you go along

Most arrival airports require full vaccination of both dosages of Covid vaccine.  Since over 90% of Thailand only have been administered only 1 dose, these flights will be empty.  By the middle of September, the airlines will cry and attempt to change entry requirements to 1 dose of vaccine and a negative test.  Otherwise the airlines will lose more money than not flying at all.  Why would anyone want to fly if the have to get a negative before their outbound flight and then be tested before their return flight.  The costs of the 2 tests will be more expensive than the fights themselves.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Does said:

Most arrival airports require full vaccination of both dosages of Covid vaccine.  Since over 90% of Thailand only have been administered only 1 dose, these flights will be empty.  By the middle of September, the airlines will cry and attempt to change entry requirements to 1 dose of vaccine and a negative test.  Otherwise the airlines will lose more money than not flying at all.  Why would anyone want to fly if the have to get a negative before their outbound flight and then be tested before their return flight.  The costs of the 2 tests will be more expensive than the fights themselves.  

Where on earth did you get the figures  that you quote "Since over 90% of Thailand only have been administered only 1 dose" ? Suggest you do some research first to get your numbers right  or else post the reference indicating that over 90% has had 1 dose. Frankly your figures are absurd and misleading and I thought fake news was banned here.

29 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

What province you want to know about? 

I not think have “list” every province together. 

But easy to find the rules for one province.

2 hours ago, Does said:

90%, are you serious? Divide your figure by 10 and you are nearer the mark.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

No such beast exist.

Just do as you wish and take your chances.

9 minutes ago, DollhinSpirit said:

As of Aug 23 - Thailand official

8.9 % - 2 vaccinations

31% - 1 vaccination 

Were these vaccines with adequate efficacy or the Chinese placebo?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Does said:

Which airports can’t you fly into if you haven’t been double jabbed ? 

Not in U.K. and they’re quite busy 

14 minutes ago, Guevara said:

Were these vaccines with adequate efficacy or the Chinese placebo?

Even if it was all Pfizer or Moderna, it's not enough protection to justify opening up and letting the virus rip...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Even if it was all Pfizer or Moderna, it's not enough protection to justify opening up and letting the virus rip...

They probably could give it a go with a 50 percentile vaccination rate, but not 9 percent.

Risky. I could see all this shite coming back to explode in their faces. It's the society that suffers in the end. 

What is it with this mindset - rushing to open up, lift restrictions, etc when we certainly aren't ready for it....and ill-prepared as well.

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"Thai Vietjet said passengers will need to show proof of either a negative result from a RT-PCR test or an antigen test.

Passengers need to have negative Covid-19 RT-PCR Test or Antigen Test result valid no more than 72 hours before flight departure time and to strictly comply with regulation of arrival destinations."

still too much uncertainty for me with regulations even to fly domestic. 

Does anyone know what they mean by proof of an Antigen test?  I’ve done one of those today at home (result attached). How would they know it was from you unless it’s done at a hospital with the usual paper document and official stamp? Makes no sense to me? Anyone know what I’m missing ?

AC1C36DA-AD67-416D-B57A-EFE1963A5630.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Does anyone know what they mean by proof of an Antigen test?  I’ve done one of those today at home (result attached). How would they know it was from you unless it’s done at a hospital with the usual paper document and official stamp? Makes no sense to me? Anyone know what I’m missing ?

You nearly got the answer already. It needs to be from a hospital, not a home test.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Phew😅, fortunately no double line, or you'd be pregnant 🤣

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Phew😅, fortunately no double line, or you'd be pregnant 🤣

😂😂. Well when I first used it I thought it was odd that the “C” line is shown for negative test. Does it mean “Clear” or “Covid”? 😂😂

14 minutes ago, Soidog said:

😂😂. Well when I first used it I thought it was odd that the “C” line is shown for negative test. Does it mean “Clear” or “Covid”? 😂😂

C is the control area

T is test area

9 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

DIY you did not spend enough money.  

I don’t understand your point. Home testing is something that has been available for a long time here. It’s something I have to do twice a week for the work I do? It’s free also.