News Forum - Man allegedly shoots and kills co-worker because he wouldn’t turn down the radio

Thaiger

A man at a golf cart repair shop allegedly shot and killed his co-worker who had told him to turn down his radio. 46 year old Pongthep Phloiprasong was listening to his radio at the shop run by the Thai police in Phitsanulok’s Phrom Phiram district Sunday night. Witnesses say 37 year old Te Aw, a Burmese national, told him to turn it down because it was loud and annoying. Te allegedly grabbed a shotgun from under a lawn mower at the shop and shot Pongthep. No details were reported other than he was seriously wounded by the gunshot and later […]

The post Man allegedly shoots and kills co-worker because he wouldn’t turn down the radio appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

7 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

I totally understand that 

I do too. I'm not condoning the murder at all.
However, there's too much noise pollution in Thailand. When people have talked about coming to visit Thailand, I always tell them that it they want a quiet holiday, they should go somewhere else.

I remember visiting Vientiane a few times in the past. The thing I really liked about it was at night, there was no noise whatsoever. No noisy cars or motorbikes, no karaoke or other noise blaring out.
Pure silence, and that was in the capital city.

53 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Te was arrested on murder charges

He was probably quiet then too.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

I do too. I'm not condoning the murder at all.
However, there's too much noise pollution in Thailand. When people have talked about coming to visit Thailand, I always tell them that it they want a quiet holiday, they should go somewhere else.

I remember visiting Vientiane a few times in the past. The thing I really liked about it was at night, there was no noise whatsoever. No noisy cars or motorbikes, no karaoke or other noise blaring out.
Pure silence, and that was in the capital city.

He was probably quiet then too.

It was the guy who requested quiet that got shot 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Fluke said:

It was the guy who requested quiet that got shot 

I realised that. I just thought he'd appreciate some more silence.
Although if he's under arrest, it probably isn't that quiet in a police station.

• Haha 1

So it was at an RTP facility, just like the 300+  RTP students who got Covid in Prachuap Kiri Kan, just like the car dealer come muderer in Nakhon Sawan, just like the police who did not investigate child rape in Nakhon Sawan! Would I be wrong in thinking the RTP are a terminally corrupt and useless band of thugs?

• Cool 1

A shotgun kept under a lawnmower, sounds about right for an RTP run establishment, hand guns must be in the golf carts, unsure as to where the semi-automatics are kept but am sure they won't be under lock and key. 555

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Graham said:

A shotgun kept under a lawnmower, sounds about right for an RTP run establishment, hand guns must be in the golf carts, unsure as to where the semi-automatics are kept but am sure they won't be under lock and key. 555

Will someone grass them up for not keeping it in a secure location?
Perhaps the women's toilets, there won't be too many guys wandering about in there - or will there?

• Haha 1

I am rewriting my response after reading this article again.  If you’re a farang and hurt a Thai, you’re outta luck.  If you’re a farang and hurt another farang, the court will get involved and it will come down to who has more resources.  My thinking is this person, a farang, is outta luck. AND, noise is natural here.  It doesn’t matter if you prefer things to be quiet.  

Edited by Craig
Read article again
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Craig said:

This will be interesting.  The dead person is a foreigner.  Maybe a reason he was more easily shot, maybe.

You mean physically a larger target.

12 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

You mean physically a larger target.

I rewrote my response after reading the article again.  Just my opinion he’s outta luck even if he’s got plenty of change.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Craig said:

I rewrote my response after reading the article again.  Just my opinion he’s outta luck even if he’s got plenty of change.  

OK, no problem. I was just making a witty comment.

2 hours ago, Pompies said:

So it was at an RTP facility, just like the 300+  RTP students who got Covid in Prachuap Kiri Kan, just like the car dealer come muderer in Nakhon Sawan, just like the police who did not investigate child rape in Nakhon Sawan! Would I be wrong in thinking the RTP are a terminally corrupt and useless band of thugs?

When they are led and answer to the depraved and corrupt they too must be depraved and corrupt.

3 hours ago, Graham said:

I was told that if a golf game is tied it is settled by sudden death. that would explain hand guns in the carts looks like a fair weapon of choice. the shotgun under the lawnmower is just for protection of the green maintenance people. the semi- auto would only be used during team competition. i guess if you make a hole in one in the sudden death you win. 

What does a rabbi yell off the tee if he hits a wayward shot, 3.99 

• Like 1

Golf cart repair shop run by police? The reach of police influence and the commingling of business and police influence is astounding. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a police officer making money from a side hustle 🙄 

• Like 1