News Forum - Khon Kaen pleads for more blood donations as demand surpasses supply

Thaiger

Khon Kaen, a northeastern Thai province, is in desperate need of blood donations as demand for blood transfusions is surpassing the blood supply, says the Thai Red Cross Society. The TRCS requested more blood donations at the society’s 6th regional national blood service that spans Kohn Kaen, Udon Thani, Nong Khai, Nong Bua Lamphu, Bung Kan, Sakhon Nakhon, Loei, Kalasin, Roi-et, Maha Sarakham, and Chaiyaphum in the region. Virasinee Chaimanee, chief of the Khon Kaen blood service centre, says the blood shortage is nothing new as it has been going on for several months. Hospitals in the northeast of Thailand […]

The post Khon Kaen pleads for more blood donations as demand surpasses supply appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

People who wish to donate blood in the region can do so at the 6th Regional National Blood Service in Khon Kaen on Mitrapap road

There's the problem, rather obviously - the "region" covers eleven provinces.

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Khon Kaen, a northeastern Thai province, is in desperate need of blood donations as demand for blood transfusions is surpassing the blood supply, says the Thai Red Cross Society. The TRCS requested more blood donations at the society’s 6th regional national blood service that spans Kohn Kaen, Udon Thani, Nong Khai, Nong Bua Lamphu, Bung Kan, Sakhon Nakhon, Loei, Kalasin, Roi-et, Maha Sarakham, and Chaiyaphum in the region. Virasinee Chaimanee, chief of the Khon Kaen blood service centre, says the blood shortage is nothing new as it has been going on for several months. Hospitals in the northeast of Thailand […]

The post Khon Kaen pleads for more blood donations as demand surpasses supply appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Bleeding heck,

30 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

They don't want my filthy UK blood with all its BSE

They ask if you've lived in the UK between 1980 and 1996.

I did and filled it out on the form. And they happily took my blood.

It apparently is not prohibitive.

If you're serious about helping out, just go to the Red Cross.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bob20 said:

They ask if you've lived in the UK between 1980 and 1996.

I did and filled it out on the form. And they happily took my blood.

It apparently is not prohibitive.

If you're serious about helping out, just go to the Red Cross.

I tried in Bangkok and they flatly refused to even let me look at the forms

8 minutes ago, PompeyLlama said:

I tried in Bangkok and they flatly refused to even let me look at the forms

Well, you can't stab yourself and leave a puddle, so you've done what you can 🤣