News Forum - Ho Chi Minh City lockdown impacts global coffee supplies

Thaiger

Vietnam’s lockdown of its largest city, Ho Chi Minh City, has resulted in global concerns about coffee supplies. The southern city represents an exporting hub and has been under strict travel restrictions after Covid cases of the Delta variant spiked. The country is a major manufacturer of robusta, a bitter tasting bean, whereas, according to “The Roasterie” arabica beans tend to have an “extensive taste range”. Robusta beans have already faced issues this year as the price of wholesale robusta beans has increased by about 50% so far. Now, Ho Hi Minh’s lockdown has made problems for Vietnam exporters as […]

The post Ho Chi Minh City lockdown impacts global coffee supplies appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Wow.  I switched to this instant espresso from HCMC and love it.  It’s strong.  The best coffee I’ve had was Turkish.  Not sure it’s even here.  But most surprising was the info I got on the shelf life of instant coffee: 20 years!!!!  I’ve got enough of these sticks to last 2 months…hopefully outlasting any shortages.  
Cheap, easy and strong.  I’m talking about the coffee.  

Edited by Craig
Auto correct again