News Forum - Daily protests around the country to continue indefinitely until PM resigns

Thaiger

Anti-government activists have vowed that protests will take place around the country every day and go on indefinitely until the Thai PM resigns. Protest leaders Sombat Boonngamanong and Nattawut Saikuar were speaking following the conclusion of a peaceful “car mob” rally, which ended in the central province of Pathum Thani. The rally had begun at the Kasetsart intersection near Kasetsart University. According to a Bangkok Post report, thousands of cars took part in the final convoy, travelling for 5 hours from the capital to Pathum Thani. Prior to the convoy getting underway, Sombat announced the plan for daily protests around […]

The post Daily protests around the country to continue indefinitely until PM resigns appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

59 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Anti-government activists have vowed that protests will take place around the country every day and go on indefinitely until the Thai PM resigns. Protest leaders Sombat Boonngamanong and Nattawut Saikuar were speaking following the conclusion of a peaceful “car mob” rally, which ended in the central province of Pathum Thani. The rally had begun at the Kasetsart intersection near Kasetsart University. According to a Bangkok Post report, thousands of cars took part in the final convoy, travelling for 5 hours from the capital to Pathum Thani. Prior to the convoy getting underway, Sombat announced the plan for daily protests around […]

The post Daily protests around the country to continue indefinitely until PM resigns appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well they are dogged give them that but given the PM's support by the puppet master the only way he will leave his a position will be in a box.

The Chinese virus

Unemployment 

flooding

restrictions 

and most importantly the real  contributor …

I see no hope for change 

This week will be the parliamentary debates of no confidence on Prayut and his cronies.  An article I read indicates that this cabinet will escape wounded deeply but will not be removed from power.  The additional issue the protestors are now gleaning onto is the deep rooted corruption in the RTP.  Nothing will change in my view.  If the Prayut cabinet did not have all of the senators in its pocket and they were not military then they would have been removed by another coup long ago.  Of course thats just my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

17 minutes ago, yetanother said:

"Nattawut has echoed the call for the PM to resign, adding that a replacement would have to be fairly elected."

==> estimates have it that it would take about 15 months to organize and complete a snap election; what happens in the meantime ? 

what if the election isnt cleanly completed and there are ongoing squabbles that drag on ?

coup ?

as i understand it, if the PM resigns, then the cabinet is disbanded; what then ?

A caretaker Government is put in place, much like Yinglucks demise, but the caretaker cabinet was then removed when Prayut staged his Coup.

27 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

If there was no covid this would be a lot worse

Thats true but wait for the debate and after the debate . The wole country will go out on the streets. Because many leaks also happining about the corruption of the government and the Thais are voting them already out on their polls. They expect the government can survive the debate but not in the public because to much is known and further will follow on the debate. All the Thai news were full yesterday and days before including the speeches about on the protests yesterday. There was nothing about in the Thaiger news this gives them really not good notes for journalism especially when all other newsoutlets and tv were talking or writing about it.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Thats true but wait for the debate and after the debate . The wole country will go out on the streets. Because many leaks also happining about the corruption of the government and the Thais are voting them already out on their polls. They expect the government can survive the debate but not in the public because to much is known and further will follow on the debate. All the Thai news were full yesterday and days before including the speeches about on the protests yesterday. There was nothing about in the Thaiger news this gives them really not good notes for journalism especially when all other newsoutlets and tv were talking or writing about it.

That the whole country will be on the streets maybe this show it better to look just today in the north . After the debate they will be out daily in all provinces.

There are many streams and news out there but in Thai languages from today or yesterday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

A caretaker Government is put in place, much like Yinglucks demise, but the caretaker cabinet was then removed when Prayut staged his Coup.

Yingluck the most popular. Win “majority”. First time.

But some minority angry old men make her leave. Terrible.

The majority people love her. Democracy. 

Now the people really not like them. Not have any skill to help the people. Angry if not think same way them.

I understand how she feeling. 

love you 

Yinnluck.

• Like 1

Thailand is basically a military junta. While I am impressed by those who hope to build a better country, two things come to mind. One, protesting in the middle of a pandemic is not a good idea. Two, social media is more powerful than you think. 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Thailand is basically a military junta. While I am impressed by those who hope to build a better country, two things come to mind. One, protesting in the middle of a pandemic is not a good idea. Two, social media is more powerful than you think. 

Only as long it is made available and I suspect this crowd wish for the opportunity to behave like the Burmese military and restrict access to the internet.

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

As a whitness of the fall of the wall I give you a comment of Gorbatchow he told to Erich Honecker just before the revolution and wall fall

"Who not understand the signs of the time will be punished by the life"

Exactly that happened weeks after he flew to Chile and died there shortly after. 

And by the way they had also an army who was already prepared. But the time was against them because they would loose anyway even if they used guns. To tell a army to shoot on your own people, neighbours or family is something they will not win.

But you remind me to Honnecker and the people they talked the same way like just weeks before the wall fall and they say it will never happen the wall will fall and the army will come out.

They were all wrong and the life showed them and Gorbatchow explained it before. People who cannot understand the signs will get punished always by the life.

• Like 1

If and when an election is called to "transparently" elect a new Government. I certainly advocate an independent monitor (UN) to verify the results. 

Edited by King Cotton
Minor typo fixed
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, gummy said:

Well they are dogged give them that but given the PM's support by the puppet master the only way he will leave his a position will be in a box.

Even then, a few less criminal elite won't make a dent. 

The extended tradition needs to be eradicated.