News Forum - More Bangkok field hospital beds available as recovered patients outnumber new cases

Thaiger

The Public Health Ministry says the number of Covid-19 patients who’ve recovered has outnumbered new infections in Bangkok for the last 10 days. Dr Kiattibhoom Vongrachit says the reduction in new cases means more field hospital beds have become available in the capital and surrounding provinces. According to a Thai PBS World report, last week there were 3,526 patients undergoing treatment at Busarakham field hospital. That figure dropped to 1,905 as of Saturday, a 54% decrease. Meanwhile, Nimibutr pre-admission facility only has 94 Covid patients, who are categorised by the severity of their symptoms. There are 54 “green” patients, meaning […]

The post More Bangkok field hospital beds available as recovered patients outnumber new cases appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

There's an error in the title.

Recovered cases outnumber the number of new cases found by tests

And that's not really surprising as the available number of tests is never used by far and they are not giving us details.

Perhaps in Bangkok it's also helped by higher number of vaccinations. Let's not make the mistake of applying that to the other regions.

The number of deaths stays relatively stable and it will take 2-3 weeks to see if those numbers go down too. Now THAT would be a better indication of fewer cases of infection.

Anyway, I hope case numbers go down, but I'd be careful with only a couple of days data.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bob20 said:

And that's not really surprising as the available number of tests is never used by far and they are not giving us details.

Perhaps in Bangkok it's also helped by higher number of vaccinations. Let's not make the mistake of applying that to the other regions.

The number of deaths stays relatively stable and it will take 2-3 weeks to see if those numbers go down too. Now THAT would be a better indication of fewer cases of infection.

Anyway, I hope case numbers go down, but I'd be careful with only a couple of days data.

Even that's being over-generous, @Bob20.

Of course more field hospital beds are available, but it's got nothing to do with recovered patients outnumbering new cases.

More hospital beds are available because now instead of treating serious cases in a hospital, as before, they're treated in a field hospital, and instead of treating / quarantining mild / asymptomatic cases in a field hospital, as before, they stay at home.

The numbers haven't got better, the goalposts have simply been moved.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

hope they not dismantle those fields hospitals, cause we all will need it next month, thanks you for lifting restrictions. I walked on Sukhumvit today and many restaurants and massage places already opened. Flood gates are opened now

• Cool 1

Just now, AlexPTY said:

hope they not dismantle those fields hospitals, cause we all will need it next month, thanks you for lifting restrictions. I walked on Sukhumvit today and many restaurants and massage places already opened. Flood gates are opened now

Not so worried about Bangkok itself. If they really vaccinated most, then the numbers of infections will go up when restrictions are lifted, but very few severe cases and deaths will be the result.

I'm more worried that they will transport the virus all over the country again to areas where virtually nobody is vaccinated 

• Like 1

Lifting restrictions will simply add to the problem. The time lag is 14 days to see the real result of any action. I know people would be sick of lockdowns and restrictions, but that just what this virus is looking for. Some kind of let up. Anyone whose had the flu should know that you have to take the full 14 day course of antibiotics for it to work. If you stop taking antibiotics after 7 days.....the secondary infection comes and it's worse than the first. Stay the course! You will give this virus nowhere to run to. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jason said:

Lifting restrictions will simply add to the problem. The time lag is 14 days to see the real result of any action. I know people would be sick of lockdowns and restrictions, but that just what this virus is looking for. Some kind of let up. Anyone whose had the flu should know that you have to take the full 14 day course of antibiotics for it to work. If you stop taking antibiotics after 7 days.....the secondary infection comes and it's worse than the first. Stay the course! You will give this virus nowhere to run to. 

You're correct that the result is delayed. But you don't take antibiotics for a viral infection like the flu or covid 😉

2 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Not so worried about Bangkok itself. If they really vaccinated most, then the numbers of infections will go up when restrictions are lifted, but very few severe cases and deaths will be the result.

I'm more worried that they will transport the virus all over the country again to areas where virtually nobody is vaccinated 

We all get sick. Vaccine make it mild, but as government finally admitted, we have to learn to live with the virus. Denial it's just bring an illusion of cure. It will not happen. Vaccinate, protect and be aware

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexPTY said:

We all get sick. Vaccine make it mild, but as government finally admitted, we have to learn to live with the virus. Denial it's just bring an illusion of cure. It will not happen. Vaccinate, protect and be aware

But that's exactly what I'm saying 🙄

Only: we're not vaccinated yet outside of Bangkok!

7 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Looks like the Thai PM has been studying Charles Babbage.

Errors using inadequate data are much less than those using no data at all.
Charles Babbage

4 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

But that's exactly what I'm saying 🙄

Only: we're not vaccinated yet outside of Bangkok!

Niso life if you know what I mean