HEALTH INSURANCE

stuhan

Sorry could not find a category for health ins.

Has anybody found a really good health ins provider with reasonable monthly or yearly payments to cover:

Myself, wife  for 4,000,000B inpatient cover,inc cancer cover and outpatient. 

Max 40,000B yearly

Age myself 66

Wife 38

Preferably with no pestering phone calls for quotes and online applications. 

Maybe a long shot but if you don't ask!!!

Posted (edited)

Really?

For YOU, 66 years already?

4.000.000 coverage? Cancer AND outpatient?

For just 40k/year?

I would be interested, too.

Lets see, ah there, found the popcorn!

Edited by Guest1
  • Haha 2

No matter where you find your insurance, highly recommended that you establish a baseline for pre-existing conditions. There are insurance companies that will have you jump through hoop after hoop on your dime recovering your old med records  trying to deny a claim. 

Also make sure claims are direct payments and not a reimbursement of your money.

Optimistic with reservations  regarding response to your OP.

• Like 1

I have found Pacific Cross very reasonable and helpful, even for us old todgers, they can give standard insurance together with the outpatient component needed now for O-A , I know Thais who rate them as well,I pay 72k for me and farang missus, and we have been with them for 3 years now......

• Like 1

I just purchased a new plan from AIA (through Bangkok Bank). They have a number of options but basically, you can get the cheapest plan (about a million baht/year coverage) for 69,100. 
The 5 million baht/year plan, cheapest option is about 78,800. That's the one I went with.

Remember, most of the insurance companies dumped their "cheap" plans when the gov't decided to screw over expats on Non-O(A) visas and make them get that "400,000 baht" plan (from a certain list of providers - but no "collusion" going on there of course).

Something like 400,000 IPD/40,000 OPD per year and cost about 40,000/year. I remember because I had a plan that gave me 900,000 IPD and 20,000 OPD a year for 29,000 baht at the time so the "new" plan the gov't was pushing was about half the coverage for almost twice the price.

As I wasn't using the OPD on that plan, it was suggested I go to "option 2" which still had the 900k/yr IPD but no OPD and was only 21,000 a year. So half the cost of the gov't plan with over twice the IPD but no OPD.
(However, they dropped that coverage a lot later on without telling anyone which is why I just had to get a new plan.)

Also note that, over here, brokers and providers don't seem to show quotes and details on coverage openly. They want you to enquire via email or in person (so it's harder to "comparison" shop without doing a lot of extra work).

You'd probably be better off looking for insurance providers from your home country (but make sure they cover you over here).

It's something that isn't very cheap in Thailand.

• Like 1

ThaiHealth has cancer, OPD and IPD

But for your age it’s not gonna be 44K

Also Bangkok Bank offers a stand-alone cancer coverage. 

Some companies will allow you a deductable,if you are willing and able to do that you

could save a lot on your yearly payment.

Of course the older you get the worse your chances.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2021 at 11:05 PM, Maverick said:

I have found Pacific Cross very reasonable and helpful, even for us old todgers, they can give standard insurance together with the outpatient component needed now for O-A , I know Thais who rate them as well,I pay 72k for me and farang missus, and we have been with them for 3 years now......

how do they pay out on claims? easy process or are they the type to try to find an excuse to not cover?

On 8/29/2021 at 7:29 PM, stuhan said:

Sorry could not find a category for health ins.

Has anybody found a really good health ins provider with reasonable monthly or yearly payments to cover:

Myself, wife  for 4,000,000B inpatient cover,inc cancer cover and outpatient. 

Max 40,000B yearly

Age myself 66

Wife 38

Preferably with no pestering phone calls for quotes and online applications. 

Maybe a long shot but if you don't ask!!!

although I can't help with recommendations for health insurance, as I am new to Thailand, one thing I learned was it's always better to pay a bit extra for a company that is honest/reliable and will pay out on claims

what good is saving 50% a year on premiums if they end up only covering 50% of your expenses when shit hits the fan 

although I haven't had any major experiences with health insurance, in terms of car insurance, I found a great company in Canada, I totaled my car, my fault, they bought me a brand new one. I paid a tiny bit extra each year. Meanwhile I have friends who tried saving a bit and they were denied claims because the companies kept giving excuses/reasons not to pay, they had to hire a lawyer to get paid, they ended up saving nothing or paying more in the end plus it was a headache altogether.

if I find a good health insurance company that pays quickly/hassle free on claims I will definitely be sharing, currently am only covered by a canadian company, manulife travel insurance and they paid out hassle free on 2 small claims I had, but am looking for extra coverage/regular health insurance as well now to be safe

Edited by dj230
  • Like 1