News Forum - Thailand to get Covid-19 foreign aid from China and Korea

Thaiger

3 hours ago, Haole.TH said:

Maybe .... Can you name a trully Thai family of influence here?   Most are all Thai-Chinese families that control so much.  Where are their loyalties to, after money and taking care of themselves?

That is turning. Don't even think all or even the biggest majority % of the Thai Chinese families even look up to, kowtow and swoon over the CCP. One major one who wants to dominate all the food industry here is al most one and the same, but there is a strike as anti undercurrent of don't buy them gaining speed. I know this as was recently requested by my son and daughter to change some products connected with them. So for what we jokingly call their Masters is the majority of big rich Thai Chinese business owners is probably a no as well as an absolutely no for most of all the general Thai public. Times are changing, but hard to tell what direction will be forced, and by whom.

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

... there is a strike as anti undercurrent of don't buy them gaining speed. I know this as was recently requested by my son and daughter to change some products connected with them.

Really?

So 7-11's and Lotus are starting to be deserted and their shelves are overflowing with unsold CP products?

Ummm ..... I don't think so! 😂

17 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Really?

So 7-11's and Lotus are starting to be deserted and their shelves are overflowing with unsold CP products?

Ummm ..... I don't think so! 😂

Umm, how much do you really hear and see here? I will bet zero except for what you read in the news. It will never be able to cut them out because they are so ingrained and forced into people's everyday life in some way or the other. But all I was relaying here is that there is indeed a conscious movement amongst the young generation to do the best they can and bypass that corporation and its products as much or all they can. So why don't you go laugh by yourself in a corner. There has to be an awareness first before anything can happen. Or are you going to be one of those non believers throughout your life and continue to be a sheep or an I do not care about anything person. Up to you. All I can do is support my kids and their wishes for their life and their generation as much as I can. Again not easy but one must try. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, mic said:

Sinovac is very controversial,so I believe people who got 2 jabs already need a booster shot urgently.

Can China provide effective boosters ?

Not convinced about mixing vaccines.

Indonesia and Malaysia relied on Sinovac. Indonesia has a high vaccination rate and it still got swamped by the Delta. It even killed hundreds of Indonesian doctors. 

They only relied on it because the WHO gave it EUA status even though it was 1% more effective than the minimum effectiveness threshold of 50%. All other vaccines such as Pfizer, Moderna and even AZ had initial effectiveness above 70%

Edited by King Cotton
Defamatory ref to WHO deleted.

6 hours ago, Haole.TH said:

Maybe .... Can you name a trully Thai family of influence here?   Most are all Thai-Chinese families that control so much.  Where are their loyalties to, after money and taking care of themselves?

Well Prayut is full Thai but Thanakorn and Thaskin aren’t.