News Forum - Thailand to get Covid-19 foreign aid from China and Korea

Thaiger

While a government spokesperson announced that Thailand expects to have 140 million Covid-19 vaccines received in the country by the end of the year, many wondered with the slow rollout so far exactly where all these vaccines are coming from. Today we received a hint as foreign aid was offer by both China and South Korea who announced donations of vaccines and medical supplies to help Thailand fight its pressing Covid-19 pandemic. South Korea is said to be planning to provide vaccines at the end of September to Thailand according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. South Korean Foreign Minister […]

The post Thailand to get Covid-19 foreign aid from China and Korea appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

And at last they confirm why they're  been buying that chinese rubbish . Thanks for the hand out China since we scratched your back and now it's no tourists but a free handout in return 

Edited by gazmo16
Grammer
  • Like 2

They need to start looking for a good cure. Not Vaccines. What I have seen so far from the Vaccines that you still can die from covid 

IMG_20210821_184931_319.jpg

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ronaldus said:

They need to start looking for a good cure. Not Vaccines. What I have seen so far from the Vaccines that you still can die from covid 

IMG_20210821_184931_319.jpg

If only it was that simple.

• Cool 1

45 minutes ago, Ronaldus said:

What I have seen so far from the Vaccines that you still can die from covid 

You are not looking at reliable data.  60,000 die from normal flus every year in the USA.

Yes people die.  Vaccines as well as every medicine for every disease in the world is never 100% effective

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Vaccines as well as every medicine for every disease in the world is never 100% effective

On the contrary. Because THEY have told you so, repeatedly to the point of being indoctrinated. 

Never question THEM.

They know all.

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Meanwhile, the Chinese government vowed to donate about 50 million baht worth of medical supplies to Thailand to fight the Covid-19 pandemic

So where, apart from Korea, are the 140 million doses of vaccine coming from?

... apparently, and hopefully, not China ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gazmo16 said:

And at last they confirm why they're  been buying that chinese rubbish . Thanks for the hand out China since we scratched your back and now it's no tourists but a free handout in return 

I don't want to sound ungrateful, but if so then 50 million baht is a pretty mediocre "handout in return"  for buying millions of doses of the most expensive and least effective vaccine available.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Stonker said:

So where, apart from Korea, are the 140 million doses of vaccine coming from?

... apparently, and hopefully, not China ...

Yes, and there's no mention of what brand it will be. 

Maybe they are in time to supply it before the new James Bond movie is released and we can have a mix of 5 vaccines in 1 syringe, shaken, not stirred and with a little umbrella in it!

Edited by Bob20
  • Haha 4

56 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I don't want to sound ungrateful, but if so then 50 million baht is a pretty mediocre "handout in return"  for buying millions of doses of the most expensive and least effective vaccine available.

Never mind a handout in return for buying vaccines.

How about in compensation for lumbering the world with it in the first place? 🤔

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Never mind a handout in return for buying vaccines.

How about in compensation for lumbering the world with it in the first place? 🤔

Have you heard of a woman named Shi Zhengli? aka 'Batwoman'.She's a bat virus researcher at the Wuhan Institute of virology. She collects samples from caves and when WHO requested speaking to her regarding the possibility of 'human error' they were blocked by Beijing and in her words she said 'shut your dirty mouths'.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Guevara said:

Have you heard of a woman named Shi Zhengli? aka 'Batwoman'.She's a bat virus researcher at the Wuhan Institute of virology. She collects samples from caves and when WHO requested speaking to her regarding the possibility of 'human error' they were blocked by Beijing and in her words she said 'shut your dirty mouths'.

Yes, she apparently "discovered" the original strain, making it all the more likely that there was a sample in the W.I.o.V. that could have "escaped". And the whole U.N. visit was first delayed and then orchestrated by China. (A bit like the Saoudi's tried to do with Khashoggi, but unfortunately for them the Turks were listening). The reporters weren't allowed into most places they wanted to see. Hence the inconclusive report.

Today it's published that in America there's still division in opinion regarding the origin and we'll likely never know. For the solution it doesn't matter too much, so I find the discussion interesting, but it doesn't keep me up at night.

Edited by Bob20
  • Like 2

Sinovac is very controversial,so I believe people who got 2 jabs already need a booster shot urgently.

Can China provide effective boosters ?

Not convinced about mixing vaccines.

3 minutes ago, mic said:

Sinovac is very controversial,so I believe people who got 2 jabs already need a booster shot urgently.

Sure, buckets full of Sinovac 😂🤣

Edited by Bob20
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, mic said:

A good number of the Bio Scientists are recommending 2 jabs of the same vaccine with a proven alternative as a booster. The UK have used Oxford AZ for most of the population and intend either Moderna or Pfizer later this year. PM Boris Johnson has already ordered 35 million Moderna for delivery for July 2022. Not very good been 'boostered' up to the eye balls whilst Thailand remains on the red list.

• Cool 1

I think almost everyone here has had enough of the CCP and the honest elected government and their nominated fat head with his group here. My honest thoughts are hopefully the USA will heavily donate Pfizer again, and then it’s close allies will step up to donate the good stuff everyone wants. China needs to suck an egg. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

I think almost everyone here has had enough of the CCP and the honest elected government and their nominated fat head with his group here. My honest thoughts are hopefully the USA will heavily donate Pfizer again, and then it’s close allies will step up to donate the good stuff everyone wants. China needs to suck an egg. 

In case you've been living in a cave for the last few years, Thailand's closest ally is China, not the west.

7 minutes ago, diegogg said:

In case you've been living in a cave for the last few years, Thailand's closest ally is China, not the west.

Except for when they offer a free life-saver...

31 minutes ago, diegogg said:

Closest ally until they are not. The Thais are masters at being close with everyone and true allies to no one. 

• Like 4
  • Cool 1

37 minutes ago, diegogg said:

Umm, the one who lines the generals pockets the most then probably yes CCP. But traditionally Thailand will smile at anyway the wind blows. And I don't think the Thai people are so yahooo China or Chinese people. Love of money is another thing. 

• Cool 1

9 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Closest ally until they are not. The Thais are masters at being close with everyone and true allies to no one. 

You just beat me to it and then I scrolled back up after posting to see your comment. Precisely! 

• Like 1

Maybe .... Can you name a trully Thai family of influence here?   Most are all Thai-Chinese families that control so much.  Where are their loyalties to, after money and taking care of themselves?

• Cool 1

2 hours ago, Haole.TH said:

Maybe .... Can you name a trully Thai family of influence here?   Most are all Thai-Chinese families that control so much.  Where are their loyalties to, after money and taking care of themselves?

Two valid questions which may or may not get answered, so watch this space, as they say!  And sorry I missed your debut post, last month, but thanks for that!

Hello, Haole.TH and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

17 hours ago, Thaiger said:

South Korea is said to be planning to provide vaccines at the end of September to Thailand according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Nice of South Korea, where I am currently and have not yet been able to be vaccinated. I was in Thailand when they opened vaccines for my age, 53. When I returned to Korea I was told I had to wait for them to re-open to those who missed their first chance.  Hopefully, I'll get an appointment in the next few weeks and with the donations to Thailand, my wife, currently in Thailand, will get an appointment for a non-Chinese vaccine.