News Forum - Poll shows many Thai residents don’t think the lockdown has been successful

Thaiger

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

was under the impression that the government were trying to stop people posting fake news, appears Yinn has not realized that yet.

I talk about the B117/English/Alfa variant. Not original wuhan variant. 
I think he know that. Want to argue/bait me? I boring answer him. 

The b117 come from England. English family four people first case that strain in Thailand. More dead Thai people from B117 than wuhan.

12 hours ago, Yinn said:

The variant, called B.1.1.7, was found in a family of four British nationals who arrived in Thailand from the United Kingdom.

See.  Hmmmmmmm

China people say wuhan variant not from China.

English people say b117 not from England. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

The Alpha variant B.1.1.7 was first discovered in the UK. Where it originated from is unknown.
The Covid variants are named after where the strains were discovered, not necessarily the same as where they mutated into a different strain.

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

The b117 come from England. English family four people first case that strain in Thailand.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2096527/uk-covid-19-strain-in-thong-lor-cluster

The alpha variant was first detected in Thailand from a cluster in Thong Lor.
The report notes a British family of 4 were also detected with the alpha variant, but makes no further comment, or suggests they were ever in Thong Lor. The alpha variant was more than likely brought to Thailand by the thousands of returning Thais, rather than a British family of 4.

Prof Yong Poovorawan, of the faculty of medicine at Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok was also quoted as stating "I have no idea how it slipped into Thailand, and through our quarantine programme," 

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but if stating supposed facts, please supply a link to the news article.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

The b117 come from England. English family four people first case that strain in Thailand. More dead Thai people from B117 than wuhan.

See.  Hmmmmmmm

People say the Ford Variant was not as good as the Ford Cortina, or indeed the Austin Allegro.

So what Mr Yinn? All nonsense from the start.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

See.  Hmmmmmmm

How long do you intend to continue to keep posting unsubstantiated, unreferenced and clearly nationalistic influenced prejudicial rubbish or is it solely just to continue your traditional trolling activities  for which you have a history off ?

34 minutes ago, snapdragon said:

People say the Ford Variant was not as good as the Ford Cortina, or indeed the Austin Allegro.

So what Mr Yinn? All nonsense from the start.

14 minutes ago, gummy said:

How long do you intend to continue to keep posting unsubstantiated, unreferenced and clearly nationalistic influenced prejudicial rubbish or is it solely just to continue your traditional trolling activities  for which you have a history off ?

47 minutes ago, Faz said:

The Alpha variant B.1.1.7 was first discovered in the UK. Where it originated from is unknown.
The Covid variants are named after where the strains were discovered, not necessarily the same as where they mutated into a different strain.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2096527/uk-covid-19-strain-in-thong-lor-cluster

The alpha variant was first detected in Thailand from a cluster in Thong Lor.
The report notes a British family of 4 were also detected with the alpha variant, but makes no further comment, or suggests they were ever in Thong Lor. The alpha variant was more than likely brought to Thailand by the thousands of returning Thais, rather than a British family of 4.

Prof Yong Poovorawan, of the faculty of medicine at Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok was also quoted as stating "I have no idea how it slipped into Thailand, and through our quarantine programme," 

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but if stating supposed facts, please supply a link to the news article.

I really admire your patience 🙏

I blocked him/her after reading the first few dumb posts 🤣 

Edited by Bob20
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob20 said:

I really admire your patience 🙏

I blocked him after reading the first few dumb posts 🤣 

You sure it is a him ?

Just now, gummy said:

You sure it is a him ?

1 minute ago, gummy said:

You sure it is a him ?

Pretty sure, but I've adjusted it for PC 😉

• Haha 1

On 8/29/2021 at 3:36 PM, Freeduhdumb said:

You've proven my point... there's no disaster occurring on the planet. 

Actually it proves the privilege and selfishness of some people. It’s like climate change:  some people living 100ft above sea-level don’t consider it a disaster. However it is certainly a disaster to those at sea-level whose homes will be flooded in 15 years.

On 8/29/2021 at 11:50 AM, everything said:

When has influenza ever overwhelmed ICUs and morgues like COVID has?

… the Spanish Flu comes to mind.  Concrete numbers are impossible to determine, but historians agree that 25-50 million is a reasonable number.

2 hours ago, everything said:

Actually it proves the privilege and selfishness of some people. It’s like climate change:  some people living 100ft above sea-level don’t consider it a disaster. However it is certainly a disaster to those at sea-level whose homes will be flooded in 15 years.

You really have no idea wtf you are talking about... news flash climate activist, Al Gore's armageddon was supposed to have occurred back in 2016. The earth was "at a point of no return" then and we we're all supposed to be cooked already, it was a certain fact without drastic climate change measures. That fellow, by the way, earned an Oscar for his science based documentary "An inconvenient truth," so you'll have to excuse me when you start blathering all of this BS again with a new doomsday date. Now, climate change is a real thing, but not the dramatic man-made way you have been engineered to understand it friend. There's an ulterior motive involved. 

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.

2 hours ago, everything said:

It’s like climate change:  some people living 100ft above sea-level don’t consider it a disaster.

Clearly you haven't been watching the floods in upland Europe, the fires in mountainous California and British Columbia, the more frequent record-breaking heat waves, and the more frequent record-breaking deep freezes (ironic, huh?). Fun times, these.

• Cool 1

3 hours ago, everything said:

Wow, now this is a shining example of the liberal progressive hive mind, full of virtue signaling blather. Then to top it off, a ridiculous reference to the phony pseudo "science" theory of "climate change" 

On 8/29/2021 at 10:16 PM, Soidog said:

Let us not forget, all variants are variants  of The Chinese inflicted virus known as Covid-19. If they had acted more openly and honestly to the outbreak, the whole world would be in a much better place. 

Not so sure about that!

If closing a region, Wuhan, with 55 million people, is not a sign for "the world", what can be one?

Still then the world did let people travel from China into their countries. Without even testing the temp., in many arrival airports. Even less, not even thinking about quarantaening arrivals!

Even after Italy closed its airports for planes from china, they got detoured about Iran or other europe countries. No europe border closing, b/c "economy'! (Another sign, that EU is just a "transfer money from the rich to the poor countries" union, not a united europe!)

China is the main starting point, but "the world" did their own foolish things, to get it into their countries! Na, every gouvernment has its own share in this. 

Amazing how far off topic you have taken yourselves.

There is one glaring contradiction in this survey that no one seems to be addressing.

'On the question of whether the lockdown had been successful, 65% of respondents replied “no”.'

But later, 'On the question of whether the lockdown should continue, 74% replied “yes”.'

You guys can argue the same stupid arguments all over the board; where did it come from, how serious is it, climate change (wtf?) that have nothing to do with the article itself or the survey it reports.

Don't you get tired of arguing the same shit in every thread?

• Like 2

On 8/30/2021 at 7:29 AM, BlueSphinx said:

Thanks @Faz for correcting @Yinn's usual nonsense 'facts'.

I hate to write this, but Yinn is referring to the british mutation and Faz is to the first "original" (chinese) strain.

Which are a bit "same same, but different"

Sinovac was about 50% effective, against getting infected, to the chinese strain, but is a lot less so to the british and even more to the indian strain (to keep it political incorrect! :-) And that simple because there was none of this mutations, in the first half of 2020~

• Cool 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/29/2021 at 7:51 PM, Freeduhdumb said:

Let me preface this response with who I am. I am a 30 year U.S. Critical Care Paramedic. I have done and continue to do, disaster management. I currently work as a remote Safety Paramedic managing large groups of industrial setting work sites globally, but am current on a work contract within the U.S. I am currently plugged into the the wider healthcare system as we do utilize hospitals and clinics for our staff members who require it. My current medical director manages Covid on a wider scale and is currently involved in Monoclonal Antibody Therapy treatment studies in real time here... on the so called front-lines. 

Now, with that out of the way, allow one of my critical care colleagues get you up to speed on the reality here, just as one example, the United States. If you look at Thailand, there death rates due to covid have been and remain very low. Now.. please don't come back at me with some B.S. about the platform or where the information is coming from... I would sincerely ask you to judge the veracity of what she is telling you based upon her real world experience and sources of information she presents. If you are short on time, skip to the heart of the matter, our current discussion at the 14:30 time mark. Thank you for your time. 

https://www.bitchute.com/video/1xalMoERUEY8/

Offshore Paramedic myself, currently working in Spain, but travel the world to work on remote sites. As you might imagine I have been given, and searched for additional education regarding epidemiology and virology. I utterly cringe at the non medical people that have become experts based on a political agenda or because they read the internet. I manage illnesses on a daily/hourly basis. The ship I am on now is like a microcosm of the world in regards to preventing the spread of infection. I know who has been vaccinated ( everyone here ) and when and where masks are being used. I consult with at least two brilliant physicians on a weekly basis, we only discuss Covid.

I literally had to leave a FB group because no factual information was going to make them believe that health care workers do not prevent Covid by putting Neosporin up inside their noses. Here, they inject climate change into the conversation... oh brother! Yes, climate change is real... the earth is slowly tilting on its access and the climate is always changing and there is nothing the human race can do to prevent this... The Amazon rain forest was supposed to be gone 20 years ago, in the 1970s the media was pushing a second ice age theory, acid rain used to be a thing. Its always something that gives one group a reason to lash out at another group and always something nobody cant just walk up, look at up close and immediately realize if its a fact or a lie. It always needs money, or one group to life differently in a way that coincidentally follows the other groups political ethos.

I really don't care what people put in their bodies, or refuse to put in their bodies. Because of my job I never had the choice to refuse. At work I don't have the luxury to have a personal opinion on the matter. I must put a sick person in a mask and isolate them for anything more than a mild cold. It seems to work and illnesses here are stopped at the first infected patient. The vaccines haven't prevented a single person from getting covid, and I am not convinced that the symptoms are any milder from what I have seen first hand. I know when we pull the ship up to a covid hotspot we don't allow anyone come aboard unless its to do critical work and they are not allowed to use our galley, restroom, crew quarters or come up to the bridge. We keep them out on deck, 6 foot away or in a mask. It has worked. Before we followed this protocol we had problems with infection. Once the company lost a few hundred thousand in medical bills, shut downs and delays they were finally ready to listen to our medical directors.

I am fairly conservative ( please keep CRT and goofy gender education away from kids ), but somewhat of a social literal ( I don't care who you love or marry or what gender you decide you are... once you are 18 years of age ) I believe in personal liberty, I don't believe anyone can dictate what you inject in your body ( your body your choice ). I believe I have a fair understanding of what interventions mitigate the spread of infection on this vessel, but may not have the same results in a city. 

I am 100% sure however that most of the "experts" on these forums have no idea what they are talking about and no medical education or basis for their opinions besides ignorance, stubbornness, a political mindset, and the veil of anonymity to hide behind.

I generally try to keep my mouth shut. Its not a crime to outright lie, or be an idiot on the internet.

• Like 2