2 year -> 5 year before time extension

• KaptainRob changed the title to 2 year -> 5 year before time extension
  • 1 month later...

I got now an expired Thai  tourist two year licence .Is possible still to renew it over three days with difficulty ,because International car  Drivers permit does not cover  scooter motorbike hire !    Visits now possible  to several offices with mountains of Tourist paperwork passport photo health certificate  evidence and a eye test ? 

On 8/29/2021 at 9:37 AM, ImRNA said:

is it possible to extend 2 to 5 year  few months before time ?

Dunno, but I would have thought you complete the 2 year 'provisional one first, after you get a 5 year it can be done a bit early. 

Better to wait until the licence expires. With renewal you get until your next birthday plus 2 or five years depending on your type of visa. Multi entry non immigrant o visa should give five years. Best to have it done in Chon Buri, last time I renewed I did it in Surat Thani province, that gave all kinds of hassle coz they have little experience there with foreign applicants.

Good luck.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/28/2021 at 3:43 PM, Beaconofdarkness said:

Better to wait until the licence expires. With renewal you get until your next birthday plus 2 or five years depending on your type of visa. Multi entry non immigrant o visa should give five years. Best to have it done in Chon Buri, last time I renewed I did it in Surat Thani province, that gave all kinds of hassle coz they have little experience there with foreign applicants.

Good luck.

Thanks, mine is due for renewal in February  right after my visa renewal but I'm away when it expires so I will go early march and take your advice