Homemade Bacon.. 🥓

Faraday

Following on from this thread about Bacon, my lovely wife made some. 

Absolutely delicious!

(compressed the pictures, but it didn't work)

IMG20210829082513.thumb.jpg.b9502d60e865349490b15820f92ddb92.jpgIMG_20210829_084736.thumb.jpg.c884e4c0eb3fecc06da52c04c2345f32.jpgIMG20210829090228.thumb.jpg.68015d54af5bc7a7a46b3cf76c574e81.jpg

• Like 9

Tell her to make some more and sell it to friends/contacts - invite them over for a try first.  Then make it on order only.

Collect and Cash only - no Uber 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faraday said:

Following on from this thread about Bacon, my lovely wife made some. 

Absolutely delicious!

(compressed the pictures, but it didn't work)

IMG20210829082513.thumb.jpg.b9502d60e865349490b15820f92ddb92.jpgIMG_20210829_084736.thumb.jpg.c884e4c0eb3fecc06da52c04c2345f32.jpgIMG20210829090228.thumb.jpg.68015d54af5bc7a7a46b3cf76c574e81.jpg

Well you want an honest opinion whether it is any good, send some over to me, i will give you my honest opinion, want me to send my address?Hugs Love GIF by joeyahlbum

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well folks heres a report about Faradays home made bacon....... DELICIOUS..........

Faraday was kind enough to send me some.

This morning i made some bread rolls, just tried the bacon, on a freshly made roll, with a drop of HP, absolutely amazing.

So a very BIG thank you to Faraday and his lovely wife.

Sorry no photo, wife not home, maybe i will post a photo tomorrow.

• Like 2

Yesterday I put on a kilo lump of pork loin to cure (dunno what was wrong with it). Bht 160.

20gm Himalayan pink salt, 8 gm brown sugar, 2.4 gm Prague No 1, 0.4 gm ascorbic acid and a dollop of liquid smoke juice. Will leave it in a zip-locked bag in the fridge for a week or so, massaging daily. 

Last time it turned out beautiful, and as Colin says, on home-made  ciabotta rolls, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Sure looks good, wouldn't mind some myself when Faraday goes commercial. 😎

Hopefully that'll be in just over a week.

Bought 10 kilos of pork yesterday, & it's being cured for 7 days, then will put it in the smoker with some Hickory wood.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

Yesterday I put on a kilo lump of pork loin to cure (dunno what was wrong with it). Bht 160.

20gm Himalayan pink salt, 8 gm brown sugar, 2.4 gm Prague No 1, 0.4 gm ascorbic acid and a dollop of liquid smoke juice. Will leave it in a zip-locked bag in the fridge for a week or so, massaging daily. 

Last time it turned out beautiful, and as Colin says, on home-made  ciabotta rolls, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

Remember who your friends are when its ready🤪

I was official taster for Faraday, and if you can do as good as his, yum, yum.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

The proof of the pudding is always in the eating they say. So in your opinion Colin is Faraday's wife's bacon good enough to make a Muslim hungry for it ? 555

40 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Pork War ...555!

Food Sunday GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gummy said:

The proof of the pudding is always in the eating they say

So good to see someone get this saying correct. Most people these days say 'The proof is in the pudding'. 

4 hours ago, WilliamG said:

Just reading and thinking about I can taste it !  But where do you source "liquid  smoke juice" ?

I have had a go at ham but lacked the smokey taste bonus.

9 minutes ago, Convert54 said:

Just reading and thinking about I can taste it !  But where do you source "liquid  smoke juice" ?

I think I went on Lazada and searched.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/tones-liquid-smoke-118ml-i1988960527-s6378808621.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.63.78923f619jkEjl&search=1

1 minute ago, WilliamG said:

Ok, cheers. I should have thought of that but I have never thought to look in Lazada  for food items before. Don't know why really.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Great pic Colin; what sort of roll is that - looks delicious!

Just a plain white roll, made some this morning, none left, onto the second packet of your delicious bacon.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 5:26 PM, Convert54 said:

https://pdp.lazada.co.th/products/i406552946.html?spm=a1zawg.20038917.content_wrap.6.7ea64edfFaSs34

Another source for Liquid Smoke, a bit cheaper too.

3 hours ago, WilliamG said:

I looked at that one but was unsure given it specified  for cheese  making.

So in the end and according to my cheap charlie  nature  I went with this one...maybe is  past or near "use by" date  but if is rank will  give it to someone I can find that I don't  like  .😁

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i170954048-s213146066.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1&spm=spm%3Da2o4m.order_details.item_title.1

• Like 1